Netflix series to pass the time

Pilsner

I've been looking more into interesting series on Netflix recently. Just finished watching The Pillars of the Earth (great series btw), seasons of Friday Night Lights, recently started watching Spartacus, The Tudors (awesome), and Robin Hood.

Just been browsing around and looking for other quality series to see. Noticed older (60's) and newer (90's) versions of Dark Shadows are on, and also Weeds is available which looks interesting.

Secret Army isn't on yet tho which behooves me. Great classic BBC series about WWII espionage.

Just curious if any of you out there have some entertaining and quality suggestions for kewl series old and new to check out?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Pilsner

The League isn't bad and it's available to stream right now. It revolves loosely around a fantasy football league with off the wall comedy. I don't know if it's available at the moment but The Shield is about as good as it gets. I would watch them in chronological order to get the most out of it.

I'd pass on Weeds. It has its occasional moments, but mostly it's gayer than two guys kissing.

Edited by Rob's House

I don't have netflix and have no idea if these are on it but these are series that are great.

LOST - tough to lead w/ this one b/c it's polarizing and even IMO didn't end great but it's a good series.

Battlestar Galactica - name may be a turn off but this may be one of if not the best series of all time

Dexter - everyone knows about Dexter it's awesome

Mad Men - simply amazing

Breaking Bad - a bit slow but very cool show

John Adams - mini-series on HBO VERY VERY good

I don't have netflix and have no idea if these are on it but these are series that are great.

LOST - tough to lead w/ this one b/c it's polarizing and even IMO didn't end great but it's a good series.

Battlestar Galactica - name may be a turn off but this may be one of if not the best series of all time

Dexter - everyone knows about Dexter it's awesome

Mad Men - simply amazing

Breaking Bad - a bit slow but very cool show

John Adams - mini-series on HBO VERY VERY good

Lost, BSG (original and remake), and Dexter are all available for streaming

A deal was recently struck for Mad Men

Breaking Bad and John Adams are not :(

Cant remember if I got this link from a Netflix thread here or on another board, but I find this helpful when looking for suggestions on Instant Streaming...

http://instantwatcher.com/

Great linky, I'll use it for now on. Thanks DrDankenstein.

I appreciate all the series many of you listed. John Adams is definitely worth watching. I got the dvd set for my brother and as we watched each episode unfold I kept thinking to myself, I wish I had seen this in HS. It should be required viewing in HS history classes. But something tells me that the majority of students wouldn't pay much attention and miss out on the point of it.

Babylon 5. Now that's a series I need to revisit. I didn't realize Eureka is available for streaming. Pretty kewl series. Mad Men, need to catch up on the episodes I missed. Dexter, I keep hearing good things about this show from my friends.

Also there's a new series that just came out (too new for netflix atm) called The Borgias which is outstanding so far. I think only two episodes (I could be wrong) have been shown on tv.

A new series on tv called Mildred Pierce is also good. Just cool seeing the era that my dad saw when he was a youngster.

Edited by Pilsner