Wow uhm Tebow didnt have a bad season, what gives

so he was 5-3 in 3 games thats interesting to be able to win 5 games when you play 3 and it's also stated that he had 11 overall TD's and then stated he only had 7 and 4 Turnovers then ya went on to say he had 2. The texans pass defense was also one of the worst in the league last season

Edited by theman331

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now im not making a trade for Tebow thread, but why all the hate when hes mentioned ever?

He started 3 games, was 5-3 with 651 yds, Completed over half his passes in all but one game, had a 300 yd game in his second game ever, and had 11 overall TDs and only 4 turnovers. His best game was vs Houston which is a very good team and defense. So why the hate? Is 3 games, 650 yds, 7 overall TDs, and 2 Turnovers bad????

What where Rob Johnson's numbers in his first 3 starts? Does anyone know? Just want to compare

Because a lot of people ran their mouths and said he'd be "an H-back at best" in the NFL, and they cant possibly admit being incorrect on the internet.

Amen. Nobody is ever wrong on an internet forum even when proven so. Tebow looked pretty damn good for a rookie. Considering what he was known for in college great freakin job. I want defense our first few picks but I wouldn't lose sleep if we draft Newton. Any pick comes with risk so there is uncertainty inherent in taking any player.

Of the QBs I would rather take the risk on Newton over Gabbert. Gabbert could be great but I'm not impressed with his college resume and nobody cared or knew who he was until Luck opted to go back to school his senior year. If Luck did come out this year I think he would be included in the group of ponder, locker, etc as guys that will go later in the first or the 2nd or 3rd round. Out of the 2 QBs Newton has considerably more upside due to his ridiculous physical gifts. I'm a little tired of all the he can't do this he can't do that. If I am not mistaken he has just won championships at two levels of college football and as a bonus happens to be a Heisman trophy winner.

Almost every year there is the athlete vs the thinker QB BS built up by the media and fans. Newton can think and learn and Gabbert isn't an immobile statue. There is a disconnect between college football and NFL football. As I have stated before, college programs don't start QBs and prepare them to win on Sunday for an NFL team, they start and prepare them to win games on Saturday.

You can take an athletic freak and teach them to take advantage of their gifts at the college level playing QB and win a lot of games. This doesn't mean they aren't capable of learning and playing the NFL game it just means that is not the primary goal preparing them for the NFL. Passing the ball is inherently more risky than running it. If you have a QB that can run and move the chains and win you a national championship why would you mess with that and put them under center and teach them how to read through progressions with 3 or 4 options?

Tebow in his short time as have others has shown that these guys CAN at the very least be effective if not superstars in the NFL. Mike Vick is a great example. He got by on his physical gifts for years and never really learned how to play QB. Now that he is a new man and has been mentored by Andy Reid the guy is finally learning how to play QB at the NFL level and is better than ever. Vick is no genius. If he can learn the pro game so can Newton and so can Tebow. If Newton has the determination and ends up in the right situation he could really be something.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread but it's along the theme of "running" QBs can't play NFL football at a high level.

What where Rob Johnson's numbers in his first 3 starts? Does anyone know? Just want to compare

As a rookie coming out of college I don't think he started any games did he?

Unless I have my numbers wrong, Johnson's stats over his first three starts were 38-56-503-3-2.

As a rookie coming out of college I don't think he started any games did he?

His first start was in his third year.

Unless I have my numbers wrong, Johnson's stats over his first three starts were 38-56-503-3-2.

His first start was in his third year.

OK, right. No offense to anyone but in year 3, he should be a much more seasoned professional QB. Tebow did it his rookie year and had better numbers. 3 games does not a hall of famer make but a good start.

Edited by PDaDdy

Because he's an evangelical Christian.

People forget about Don Beebe and Frank Reich and others who held prayer circles on the field after every game.

They were well attended by members - players and coaches on both teams, week in and week out.

Such despicable actions for a Sunday when people just want to get drunk, and watch football.

How do you explain RW stating that the Bills were not interested in Tebow?

in the draft everyone claims they got the man they wanted....who is going to say we wanted Tebow but we gambled and screwed it up? alot of people had Tebow going in the 2nd rd...

OK, right. No offense to anyone but in year 3, he should be a much more seasoned professional QB. Tebow did it his rookie year and had better numbers. 3 games does not a hall of famer make but a good start.

Johnson also didn't get his second start until year 4. I also think that he didn't play the entire game in his second start, which skews the numbers.

But, getting back to the point of the thread and Tebow, I agree with a majority of the posters that it does not make sense to evaluate a player after three starts. Three years of starts...yes. Three starts...no.

Now im not making a trade for Tebow thread, but why all the hate when hes mentioned ever?

He started 3 games, was 5-3 with 651 yds, Completed over half his passes in all but one game, had a 300 yd game in his second game ever, and had 11 overall TDs and only 4 turnovers. His best game was vs Houston which is a very good team and defense. So why the hate? Is 3 games, 650 yds, 7 overall TDs, and 2 Turnovers bad????

No, it's not bad but it's also not a season as your title suggests.

Josh McDaniel was one of the few people in the NFL who thought Tebow was a first round QB. McDaniel was like a Tornado in Denver, he came in, destroyed the franchise and was gone almost just as quickly. He did so much damage to that franchise with his personnel moves in such a short time, that he makes Donahue look like Bill Polian. Everyone said that Tebow was a couple years away from being an NFL caliber QB, if he was ever going to be.

Josh McDaniel was one of the few people in the NFL who thought Tebow was a first round QB. McDaniel was like a Tornado in Denver, he came in, destroyed the franchise and was gone almost just as quickly. He did so much damage to that franchise with his personnel moves in such a short time, that he makes Donahue look like Bill Polian. Everyone said that Tebow was a couple years away from being an NFL caliber QB, if he was ever going to be.

Saying he is a couple years away, is nothing compared to the hate on the dude where people were "disgusted" with his faith, and thought he'd never even get drafted, let alone play in the NFL.

I was/am one of the biggest Tebow supporters and even I would admit he was a few-year project. Different than hating him as others did.

People LOVE to see successful people fail. Tebow was hyped up (for good reason as arguably one of the best collage players of all time). Jealousy and boredom feed that.

All of that mixes into one big hater-fest.

in the draft everyone claims they got the man they wanted....who is going to say we wanted Tebow but we gambled and screwed it up? alot of people had Tebow going in the 2nd rd...

So Ralphie outright lied? I refuse to believe 90 year-old men go around lying...they're too close to meeting their maker.

So Ralphie outright lied? I refuse to believe 90 year-old men go around lying...they're too close to meeting their maker.

Yes, ALL teams lie after the draft and say they got exactly who they wanted. What else can you say?!? "We didnt really want this guy, but I guess we'll settle for him". Great, excellent way to bring in your rookie class. :rolleyes:

Yes, ALL teams lie after the draft and say they got exactly who they wanted. What else can you say?!? "We didnt really want this guy, but I guess we'll settle for him". Great, excellent way to bring in your rookie class. :rolleyes:

Dang Dr D...thanks for crushing my confidence! I thought football was an honorable sport. That's it...I'm switching over to wrestling.

Who said he was a superstar?

Lots of people.

It was 50% BTW. Again, Tebow may (and probably will) become a better passer. How much better is up for debate. But a 50% completion percentage doesn't make me feel too good about trading a 2nd round pick for him.

You have a point, of course. There are plenty of people who dislike Tebow for that reason alone. Plenty. But there are also plenty of people who just think the guy isn't ever going to be a top tier NFL QB. He's a gifted athlete, there's no question about that. He's also a passionate guy about his faith and that will always draw the ire of a section of the population.

But it's not ALL about that.

OR he's just not that great of a QB?

we gambled and we lost....I believe we thought we could steal tebow later in the rounds...and no one expect Denver to make that move...Lesson learned if you really want a player it doesnt matter where you draft them if you believe in their talent

Buddy Nix was quoted as saying, if you really want the this guy and wait on him, when you go to pick he may not be there. Especially when teams start to trade up and down. I do remember a fuss being made about some deal between buffalo and Denver pre draft going after Tim T. coming out of college.

if we think he can be a franchise qb? We do need a second string QB before the season starts!.we gotta get someone. Nothing good have i heard about Levi yet. Also i would not give #34 second pick away unless we had 2 picks in that round.

I guess i'll leave that to Chan.

Edited by 3rdand12