Just noticed something about this draft

Alot of the QBs are getting compared to former bills QBs

Ryan Mallett- Drew Bleadsoe

Christian Ponder- Trent Edwards

Jake Locker- JP Losman

I have also heard alot of people comparing players like Blaine Gabbert to Rob Johnson and Andy Dalton to Fitzpatrick. I find this interesting. The only QBs avoiding this are Cam and Kaepernick. Maybe we do need something new

Haha. That is interesting. The only one of those that we thought was good for a time was Drew, so Mallet makes sense. I think Newton is too much of "Boom or Bust" player to take at 3. Kaepernick could be a good selection later in the draft, but not until day 3. JMO.

I think Kaepernick will be Day 3 as well --in the 76-80 range. Of course 76 is Buffalo, 77 is Tennessee, and 80 is Jacksonville.

Jake Locker- JP Losman

I have also heard alot of people comparing players like Blaine Gabbert to Rob Johnson and Andy Dalton to Fitzpatrick. I find this interesting. The only QBs avoiding this are Cam and Kaepernick. Maybe we do need something new

I'd guess outside of mallet and locker, most of that is just when discussing the bills specifically. A trent Edwards, comparison means little to the average Seahawks fan for instance.

Also just because one type failed with different players coaches and schemes, doesn't mean they would with this situation. For all we know, Trent with gailey from the start could be great.

Jake Locker- JP Losman

If they are comparing Dalton to Fitz all the more reason why we need to snatch him up . The kid has a monster resume !! 42 & 7 a 66.1 comp percentage never lower than 58.9 in college . 27 TD's & 6 INT's in his senior yr .

Plus he was the only other QB at TCU besides slinging Sammy Baugh to have as many wins as a starter in TCU history .

The kid is a winner & if he has some of what Fitz has with better physical attributes & intangibles can you imagine what kind of QB we would have in a year or so ??

Especially if he falls to us in the 3rd or 4th round i think it would be a steal ! You never know he could be the next T.Brady or J.Kelly wouldn't that be sweet !!!

Besides red heads always seem to have a chip on their shoulders which could be a plus !!

Edited by T master

If they are comparing Dalton to Fitz all the more reason why we need to snatch him up . The kid has a monster resume !! 42 & 7 a 66.1 comp percentage never lower than 58.9 in college . 27 TD's & 6 INT's in his senior yr .

Plus he was the only other QB at TCU besides slinging Sammy Baugh to have as many wins as a starter in TCU history .

The kid is a winner & if he has some of what Fitz has with better physical attributes & intangibles can you imagine what kind of QB we would have in a year or so ??

Especially if he falls to us in the 3rd or 4th round i think it would be a steal ! You never know he could be the next T.Brady or J.Kelly wouldn't that be sweet !!!

Besides red heads always seem to have a chip on their shoulders which could be a plus !!

agreed. If we [CHIX] really like him I say we take him for a "reach" in the second. If we believe he is our guy we have to guarantee we get him. Who could call it a reach in four years if he is tearing it up?

I think him being 42-7 had more to do with the fact that TCU had the #1 rated college defense for 3 straight years. That certainly helps your QB when you're playing with the lead. And his completion percentage isn't that impressive when you take into consideration the gimmick offense TCU ran. There were a ton of screens and dump offs there. It's not like he was making a ton of NFL reads or throws. The guy was more of a game manager in my opinion. And his physical attributes are very average. Physically, he's no better than Fitz and I don't think he has better intangibles either.

I think him being 42-7 had more to do with the fact that TCU had the #1 rated college defense for 3 straight years. That certainly helps your QB when you're playing with the lead. And his completion percentage isn't that impressive when you take into consideration the gimmick offense TCU ran. There were a ton of screens and dump offs there. It's not like he was making a ton of NFL reads or throws. The guy was more of a game manager in my opinion. And his physical attributes are very average. Physically, he's no better than Fitz and I don't think he has better intangibles either.

Shhh he has good stats and I never saw him play. We need him in the second, or were fools.

I have a funny feeling kaepernick will go at the end of day 1.

Personally I think round 1 is a bit of a reach for anybody. I can for sure see him going at the end of round 2. If he's there that late and we don't have a QB yet, some team may jump a few spots in front of us to snatch him up. My guess is the end of the 2nd for CK. If he's there in 3 and we don't take him by then it's a big mistake IMO

I think Kaepernick will be Day 3 as well --in the 76-80 range. Of course 76 is Buffalo, 77 is Tennessee, and 80 is Jacksonville.

Kaepernick is going in the second round boys. You know I love draftek Astro but I think their rankings are from where they are really going to go even though they might be accurate with the players abilities. I mean Phil Taylor going in the third? not going to happen.

Jake Locker- JP Losman

So these comparisons are being made without Mallett, Ponder and Locker playing one NFL down yet? Ummm......unsure.gif

A buddy of mine pointed something out about Mallett that I hadn't considered. Since he isn't a "mobile" QB like some others and can't do much by running, this forced\forces him to be a smart pocket passer and an accurate one at that. Considering his size (hard to bring down), accuracy, comes froma "pro-style" offense and deep ball skills and arm, I wouldn't be against picking him with our 2nd (if he's there which many say he won't be). Just pray Miami or NE doesn't get him for the future.

Kaep appears to be a 2nd rd pick but who knows how the board will fall.

I worry about Ponder and the injuries he's already suffered. If we put him behind a line that can't protect him well, will he stand up to the beating?

Not very familiar with Dalton but I'd go with Kaep or Mallet as 2nd or 3rd rd picks, depending on how the board falls by the time we pick in each round. I also still like Stanzi as an option in late 4th or in 5th round if we have been lucky enough to have satisfied our biggest needs in the earlier rounds by this point.

Come on April 28th!

Just what Buffalo needs...the redheaded stepchild...a perfect fit!