DB in round 1???

Last year around this time I took a little flak when I questioned our DB's and wondered if they would be the strength everyone envisioned. I felt the transition from zone to man wasn't going to be as smooth as hoped. While we have gotten average to good play from our corners none of them are elite, and McGee spent much of the year injured, also he and Florence are getting old. Mclovin has been up and down. I don't know if I would be overjoyed with Peterson at #3, even though he is deemed a legit top 5 pick, as he seems to be destined to play safety, after a year or two at corner, if the prognosticators are right, but it wouldn't be a disaster. While everyone seems to be leaning D line or QB I would be happy if we were able to drop down and take Amukamara. He reminds me of Antione Winfield. Covers like a blanket and hits like a ton of bricks, with a question mark regarding his ability to get picks. If my memory serves me AW did alright for him self. So do we go Dline and hope the added rush helps solidify our corner play, or do we go corner hoping better coverage creates more time for the Dline to get sacks? What do you all think?

my perfect world would be trading back 2-3 times in small moves back to 10-13 and get cam jordan or jj watt and have enough to get a good db in the second. so we address both.

but then again there is so many holes on our team that i wont be mad with almost any pick and will find a way to justify who ever the pick.

Its intriguing to consider a DB so high but if you can't rush the passer or stop the run nothing else matters. Hard to evaluate our coverage skills when we're asking our Dbacks to cover for 6 seconds or more every play.

I think our pressure next year in obvious passing downs is going to come from Moats off the edge (he's gonna have a huge year) and our rookie DE. We're big enough at the line with Troup, Kyle, Carrington, Dwan Edwards etc, just need a versatile stud DE. Kelsay is such a non-factor I honestly think he will not be a starter next year. If they draft correctly there shouldn't be room for him except in a rotational role on long drives and special teams.

Its intriguing to consider a DB so high but if you can't rush the passer or stop the run nothing else matters. Hard to evaluate our coverage skills when we're asking our Dbacks to cover for 6 seconds or more every play.

I think our pressure next year in obvious passing downs is going to come from Moats off the edge (he's gonna have a huge year) and our rookie DE. We're big enough at the line with Troup, Kyle, Carrington, Dwan Edwards etc, just need a versatile stud DE. Kelsay is such a non-factor I honestly think he will not be a starter next year. If they draft correctly there shouldn't be room for him except in a rotational role on long drives and special teams.

How do you know Carrington and Troup will be factors this season?

my perfect world would be trading back 2-3 times in small moves back to 10-13 and get cam jordan or jj watt and have enough to get a good db in the second. so we address both.

but then again there is so many holes on our team that i wont be mad with almost any pick and will find a way to justify who ever the pick.

me too!

So do we go Dline and hope the added rush helps solidify our corner play, or do we go corner hoping better coverage creates more time for the Dline to get sacks? What do you all think?

Lets go corner all the way. If not, safety or running back is the way to go. Why stop a tradition and build a football team in a sane way that would lend itself toward winning?

Lets go corner all the way. If not, safety or running back is the way to go. Why stop a tradition and build a football team in a sane way that would lend itself toward winning?

The sad thing is that Peterson is probably the least risky pick at #3. He's probably as close to a can't-miss pick in the top 10 as there is this year.

And I still don't want him because the Bills desperately need to prove they are a different team. If Peterson is there at #3 and the Bills don't think anyone is better, they should do everything they can to trade down. If they don't there will be a fan revolt.

It seems that the Whitner pick at #8 from five years ago still has people scared of picking DBs so high. I think it's pretty clear though that that particular pick was not a smart one from the get-go. Peterson, even as high as #3, is a much safer pick than Whitner was. I wouldn't mind taking him at #3 and picking D-lineman and linebackers in rounds 2/3.

It seems like there are a decent amount of good CBs in this draft, I say get 1 or 2 in rnds 4-5ish, and hope we can re-sign Florence. play the rook(s) at nickel/dimebk spots and let them develop.

I would not be opposed to taking Peterson. Our secondary just sucks. Plain and simple. Top 5 pass defense? That's BS. McGee is average at best and McKelvin's been another bust for us. Youboty never sees the field, and Florence has been inconsistent. Getting rid of Greer was a HUGE mistake. Having a Revis like CB would be huge.

Peterson is a franchise player, and although I think we have to address a pathetic defensive line and stop the run first and foremost, I could live with a Peterson decision, although I think it would be the end of Chan and Buddy. I think its time that even Ralph wants some progress on the win/loss aspect of things, and I think the big bang for the win/loss movement and for overall rebuilding is the defensive and offensive lines. If we are stopping the run and sacking the qb, the defensive backfield we have will do for now.