Dream and realistic top 4 mock

1st- Nic Fairley DE/DT

2nd- Christian Ponder QB

3rd- Kevin Sheppard ILB

4th- Ahmad Black SS

Sorry, the only pick I like is the 3rd rounder. Hate taking a QB in the second, and not a big fan of Fairley. I am afraid he is going to bust big time.

Edited by FightClub

1st- Nic Fairley DE/DT

2nd- Christian Ponder QB

3rd- Kevin Sheppard ILB

4th- Ahmad Black SS

This would be a great draft. But I think Ponder will go late in the 1st and I'm not sure Sheppard lasts into the 3rd.

I would be very happy if this is how the draft worked out for the Bills.

1st- Nic Fairley DE/DT

2nd- Christian Ponder QB

3rd- Kevin Sheppard ILB

4th- Ahmad Black SS

My take for what it's worth......... If Da'Quan Bowers and Marcell Dareus are not available then I could live with Nick Fairley, but would strongly consider Von Miller at that point. Fairley would be my 4th choice of the four. Of the four players maybe Fairley has the highest ceiling, but he has the tendancy to take plays off from what I've read, and may have some character issues as well. Da'Quan Bowers had a recent injury and will be having his Pro Day today. That may go a long way of influencing the scouts one direction or another. Besides the injury, I really like Bowers...but it's a red flag regardless. I like Von Miller, but am not convinced that his talent will convert to the NFL. But, he's done nothing short of exceptional in the combine and last couple of seasons. I would say that Marcell Dareus has been a consistent performer, appears healthy, and besides a 2 game suspension for improper dealings with an agent had no other reported behavioral issues. So my first choice is;

#1 Marcell Dareus DT

(alternate Von Miller OLB)

As far as C. Ponder there is no way I want the Bills to draft him..and here is why.

Chris Ponder is an often injured QB including last season. He just recovered from one of his many injuried prior to the Senior bowl where he was efficient, not great by any stretch. He tends to be a check-down passer and dumps it off a fair amount and has trouble sensing pocket pressure which leads to him being injury prone. C. Ponder is most closely identified with Trent Edwards in several NFL Draft scouting magazines when comparing his skill set to a current NFL QB. There is no way I want someone like him that shows an occasional flash, but overall just doesn't have the stat's nor the physical capability to stay on the field!!!! Enough Said....

My selection would be Colin kaepernick QB in the 2nd round if he makes it that far! All he does is win and perform and unbelievably has stats that exceed even the highly praised Cam Newton! If Kaepernick isn't available then I think you take a chance on a high ceiling, underperformer like Jake Locker. I would also snag Ricky Stanzi in the 4th round as I want my QB of the future and backup being groomed together, as it would intensify the competiveness at the position, and push both to progress at full speed. Also, there is no guarantee that a 2nd rounder will outperfrom a 4th round draftee!

Had a dream last night that we selected Cam Newton with the #3 pick. Not saying this is what i'm hoping for, because I truly can't tell if he or Gabbert will be the best QB of this class. I trust Nix and Gailey to make that call. I do think that unless we trade down, we will take a QB with #3.

POW!!!

My take for what it's worth......... If Da'Quan Bowers and Marcell Dareus are not available then I could live with Nick Fairley, but would strongly consider Von Miller at that point. Fairley would be my 4th choice of the four. Of the four players maybe Fairley has the highest ceiling, but he has the tendancy to take plays off from what I've read, and may have some character issues as well. Da'Quan Bowers had a recent injury and will be having his Pro Day today. That may go a long way of influencing the scouts one direction or another. Besides the injury, I really like Bowers...but it's a red flag regardless. I like Von Miller, but am not convinced that his talent will convert to the NFL. But, he's done nothing short of exceptional in the combine and last couple of seasons. I would say that Marcell Dareus has been a consistent performer, appears healthy, and besides a 2 game suspension for improper dealings with an agent had no other reported behavioral issues. So my first choice is;

#1 Marcell Dareus DT

(alternate Von Miller OLB)

As far as C. Ponder there is no way I want the Bills to draft him..and here is why.

Chris Ponder is an often injured QB including last season. He just recovered from one of his many injuried prior to the Senior bowl where he was efficient, not great by any stretch. He tends to be a check-down passer and dumps it off a fair amount and has trouble sensing pocket pressure which leads to him being injury prone. C. Ponder is most closely identified with Trent Edwards in several NFL Draft scouting magazines when comparing his skill set to a current NFL QB. There is no way I want someone like him that shows an occasional flash, but overall just doesn't have the stat's nor the physical capability to stay on the field!!!! Enough Said....

My selection would be Colin kaepernick QB in the 2nd round if he makes it that far! All he does is win and perform and unbelievably has stats that exceed even the highly praised Cam Newton! If Kaepernick isn't available then I think you take a chance on a high ceiling, underperformer like Jake Locker. I would also snag Ricky Stanzi in the 4th round as I want my QB of the future and backup being groomed together, as it would intensify the competiveness at the position, and push both to progress at full speed. Also, there is no guarantee that a 2nd rounder will outperfrom a 4th round draftee!

Everytime I watch Bowers highlights. Jarvis Jenkins and Brandon Thomson stick out.

Is that 93, no that's 98. Is that 93, no that's 99.

Everytime I watch Bowers highlights. Jarvis Jenkins and Brandon Thomson stick out.

Same here! I remember doing the same double-take. Jarvis has a good chance of being one of 6 players that'd be on my board at RD3#68:

1. Rob Housler TE

2. Johnny Patrick CB

3. K.J. Wright OLB43

4. Jarvis Jenkins DE

5. Ras-I Dowling CB

6. Danny Watkins OG

Brandon Thomson is not on my radar yet. I assume he's an underclassman.

When I watched video on Von Miller, he looked like Benny Hill, chasing the player with the ball all over the field, but never catching him!

I just don't get all the excitement about Kaepernick. I watched most of UNR's games this year, and I didn't see an NFL qb. I guess only time will tell.

The reason I like Kaepernick is he has a lot of the qualities of a Cam Newton but at a lower price and appears to be a standup young man who has also done well academically. Strong arm, very mobile and from what I've seen is pretty tough, set several NCAA records at Nevada, and supposedly tested well for quick release\decision making and accuracy that was even better than guys like Peyton manning (according to an article by bleacherreport.com). He also had a very good TD to interceptions ratio all four years and his completion percentage increased every year up to 64.9% in 2010 while his sack totals steadily declined (better decision making?).

His stock is rising, not based on hype but on numbers, character, performance, and value. I know th WAC isn't as tough as say the SEC but that's why he isn't a 1st rd pick. Anything can happen but this young man would be my choice in rd 3 or if it sounds like he won't be there then, rd 2. Let him learn from Gailey and Fitzy and he could be dangerous. I'm gonna watch this kid and see where he goes whether we take him or not.

The reason I like Kaepernick is he has a lot of the qualities of a Cam Newton but at a lower price and appears to be a standup young man who has also done well academically. Strong arm, very mobile and from what I've seen is pretty tough, set several NCAA records at Nevada, and supposedly tested well for quick release\decision making and accuracy that was even better than guys like Peyton manning (according to an article by bleacherreport.com). He also had a very good TD to interceptions ratio all four years and his completion percentage increased every year up to 64.9% in 2010 while his sack totals steadily declined (better decision making?).

His stock is rising, not based on hype but on numbers, character, performance, and value. I know th WAC isn't as tough as say the SEC but that's why he isn't a 1st rd pick. Anything can happen but this young man would be my choice in rd 3 or if it sounds like he won't be there then, rd 2. Let him learn from Gailey and Fitzy and he could be dangerous. I'm gonna watch this kid and see where he goes whether we take him or not.

I've been wanting to look into him more. He's rather intriguing. One impression I had was that he looked skinny but then at the combine he looked more solid. The school shouldn't really matter. If Delaware, Alcorn State, Marshall, and Miami of Ohio can produce first rounders then Nevada shouldn't be what "devalues" him.

When I watched video on Von Miller, he looked like Benny Hill, chasing the player with the ball all over the field, but never catching him!

Thank you!

On page 3 of that Von Miller thread I said, I expect more from the #3 pick than getting close to the ball carrier.

I got destroyed and haven't mentioned it since but seriously in that Nebraska film he makes like 2 tackles and 4 assists and just runs around and gets pushed out of the way the rest of the time.

My dream and [somewhat] realistic mock draft is as such:

- Bills trade #3 to Dallas (who moves up to draft Peterson) for #9, #40(7th in the 2nd) and #71 (7th in the 3rd) which is a "steal" for the Cows, as the chart says we are getting shorted by the quivelant of the last pick in the 3rd (a trade back to 9 was somewhat elluded to in a Gailey interview, if you read between the lines)

- At 9 The Bills land starting DE Cam Jordan (or JJ Watt, Quinn, or even Carimi)

- At 34 the Bills land co-starting NG Phil Taylor (or J. Houston, Sherrod/Ijelana or K. Rudolph)

- The Bills trade #40 to the Broncos for 2012 starting QB Tim Tebow, because the Broncos took Gabbert at 2 and are moving in that direction (Im buying the Elway smokescreen of wanting to add a QB here)

- At 68 the Bills land James Carpenter, starting RT

- At 77 the Bills land Mark Herzlich, starting ILB

- At 99 the Bills land John Moffit, starting RG

- At 121 the Bills land Jordan Cameron, developmental TE that played BBall in college and only 1 year of football at USC.

Same here! I remember doing the same double-take. Jarvis has a good chance of being one of 6 players that'd be on my board at RD3#68:

1. Rob Housler TE

2. Johnny Patrick CB

3. K.J. Wright OLB43

4. Jarvis Jenkins DE

5. Ras-I Dowling CB

6. Danny Watkins OG

Brandon Thomson is not on my radar yet. I assume he's an underclassman.

I like that board at #68

Because he stood out I looked into it,some sites that already have 2012 draft info up, and I dont know how reliable it is but they give Brandon Thomson a 2-3 round grade. I'm guessing he can only move up from there.

Edited by Why So Serious?

1st- Nic Fairley DE/DT

2nd- Christian Ponder QB

3rd- Kevin Sheppard ILB

4th- Ahmad Black SS

here is the dream Draft

1. Blaine Gabbert QB 6'4" 234

2. Brooks Reed OLB 6'3" 265

3. John Moffit OG 6'4" 320 (really think he can play RT)

4. Luke Stocker TE 6'5" 260

4. Cliff Matthews OLB 6'4" 257

5. Kendrick Burney CB 5'9" 186

6. Charlie Bryant DE 6'7" 320

7. Bruce Miller ILB 6'1" 255

7. Blaine Sumner NT 6'1" 335

Thank you!

On page 3 of that Von Miller thread I said, I expect more from the #3 pick than getting close to the ball carrier.

I got destroyed and haven't mentioned it since but seriously in that Nebraska film he makes like 2 tackles and 4 assists and just runs around and gets pushed out of the way the rest of the time.

:thumbsup:

1st- Nic Fairley DE/DT

2nd- Christian Ponder QB

3rd- Kevin Sheppard ILB

4th- Ahmad Black SS

how about this for a dream draft

1st - Robert Quinn - 34 OLB, 43DE

2nd- Marvin Austin - 34 DE, 43DT

3rd- Quan Sturdivant or Kelvin Sheppard - ILB

4th- Casey Matthews - ILB

4th - Sione Fua - 34 NT

would anyone really be upset if this was our draft, maybe robert quinine was a reach but he would definitely fill a need. maybe would could just take the whole NC defense. LOL

4th - Sione Fua - 34 NT

would anyone really be upset if this was our draft, maybe robert quinine was a reach but he would definitely fill a need. maybe would could just take the whole NC defense. LOL

With all the hype that UNC defensive players are getting, you'd think that their

team would have been awesome. I don't think that they were (even the year

before when all of their players weren't suspended).

My dream and [somewhat] realistic mock draft is as such:

- Bills trade #3 to Dallas (who moves up to draft Peterson) for #9, #40(7th in the 2nd) and #71 (7th in the 3rd) which is a "steal" for the Cows, as the chart says we are getting shorted by the quivelant of the last pick in the 3rd (a trade back to 9 was somewhat elluded to in a Gailey interview, if you read between the lines)

- At 9 The Bills land starting DE Cam Jordan (or JJ Watt, Quinn, or even Carimi)

- At 34 the Bills land co-starting NG Phil Taylor (or J. Houston, Sherrod/Ijelana or K. Rudolph)

- The Bills trade #40 to the Broncos for 2012 starting QB Tim Tebow, because the Broncos took Gabbert at 2 and are moving in that direction (Im buying the Elway smokescreen of wanting to add a QB here)

- At 68 the Bills land James Carpenter, starting RT

- At 77 the Bills land Mark Herzlich, starting ILB

- At 99 the Bills land John Moffit, starting RG

- At 121 the Bills land Jordan Cameron, developmental TE that played BBall in college and only 1 year of football at USC.

Tim Tebow? that would be something indeed! Many folks i know really wanted him in the past draft

I know this goes against the percentages but trading down would suit me fine.

4th - Sione Fua - 34 NT

everyone but Matthews. ive forgotten why but he is off my list

4th - Sione Fua - 34 NT

If we only drafted UNC players this year I would be pumped. Quinn, Austin, B.Carter and/or Sturdivent, K Burney, the huge WR of theirs whose name is slipping my mind right now... they are all monsters. I dont know where they are slated to go but I bet they fall with their suspensions and if we could land those gusy with our first 5 picks that would be awesome. May not fit our 3-4 though.

With all the hype that UNC defensive players are getting, you'd think that their

team would have been awesome. I don't think that they were (even the year

before when all of their players weren't suspended).

They had a top D in 09. It really shouldnt matter though, its more about the players as individuals and these guys are all great.

Edited by Thoner7