Broncos Might Take QB w/ 2nd Pick?

Pretty interesting stuff here....

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/274230-elway-tebow-not-there-yet-looking-at-qbs?xid=cnnbin&hpt=Sbin

If the Broncos take Newton/Gabbert @ #2 then the gives them 3 high priced qbs on their roster. Elway has already stated that Orton isn't going anywhere , which leaves Tebow on the outs. I wonder what the asking price would be. A 2nd?

Anyways considering the Bills were hot and heavy for Tebow last year (depending on what you read), I wonder how Nix/Chan approach the draft if Timmy is available.

Edited by stevecana

just like every other team doing their due diligence......you have to determine your own big board of best available players, knowing that franchise QB's are a premium and also keeping other teams guessing as to your intentions to increase the possibilty that someone may over pay to move up. Denver does NOT have a "franchise" QB, even tho they have some interesting pieces. certainly it's reasonable to assume that Elway would place more importance on the QB position. i don't see anything in the artlicle that indicates one way or another what denver may do with the #2 pick.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/274230-elway-tebow-not-there-yet-looking-at-qbs?xid=cnnbin&hpt=Sbin

If the Broncos take Newton/Gabbert @ #2 then the gives them 3 high priced qbs on their roster. Elway has already stated that Orton isn't going anywhere , which leaves Tebow on the outs. I wonder what the asking price would be. A 2nd?

Anyways considering the Bills were hot and heavy for Tebow last year (depending on what you read), I wonder how Nix/Chan approach the draft if Timmy is available.

its probably just a smoke screen, but if not i would be all over it for a second.

no chance. theyre baiting someone to trade up ahead of us

yea, that really makes more sense then drafting another QB. Denver and Orton is a lot like fitz and the buffalo Bills in the way that although they don't have a "franchise" QB, they don't have a competitive team around the QB either

Anyway, their defense was so bad I can't see them passing on one of the top defenders unless they get a ton of extra picks in a trade

Sirius talked about this quite a bit today; I will share what they said about it pretty much being an option they have to look in to - but ultimately they would be foolish to draft a QB at #2. Elways comments were foolish and he needs to take a page from BB on learning on how to [not] speak to the media. Him calling out Orton as someone he is still not confident in while throwing Tebow under the bus when it is not even through his first year was a mistake. It sends mixed signals when later he mentioned that he wanted to see what they have to give to the team. Either way, they concluded and then drove it home on the so many reasons that the first two picks will be defensive players. They said that even the Cardinals might be shying away from a QB, the Vikings being interested in Palmer/Kolb/Orton. A caller mentioned that Orton might be traded if Denver gets a QB - something they said they would not be surprised. Another caller for Bengals said that he wanted to bring in Fitzy. The hosts roasted the guy saying Fitz is the starter in 2011 and with the conversations they've had with Chan on and off the field that Chan is intent on this.

The interesting thing was Miami played in to this - because it opened up the door for Palmer discussions. Apparently, the Fins want him. They would prefer him to Kolb and they might go after Traveris Jackson, as well. Cinci would try to land Kolb whom they seemed to hint at was something the coaching staff was in favor of...however...

Where it comes in to the Bills... The owner of the Bengals is determined to keep Palmer even if the entire coaching staff and Palmer don't agree. The point then comes up that owners are going to play a big role in this draft and that Miami's owner is interested in Newton. I guess it's been known through his statements and with Sparano on the way out after this season then the owner might pull rank. The idea is that no matter who Sparano gets at QB it would be miraculous to save his job.

My insight/opinion...including their thoughts, as well...The domino's fall that if Miami lands a QB before the draft then they will not draft a QB early. However, they would be willing to move up to get Newton, and personally I think Elway would send his #2 pick to Miami to avoid them worrying about us signing him for a few picks. Elways is knee deep in it and knows there is no clear QB out there that he can endorse (he's said this). He'd be better off filling other positions.

Either way, Denver will not get a QB @ 2. If the top two picks go defense I expect the Bills will be scratching their heads a little more normal. Cinci coaches want a QB while the ownership doesn't - I have to imagine that there may not be a QB in the first 5 picks!

I would say that puts Quinn on the outs, however I'd be all for bringing Tebow here, guys with his toughness, leadership and work ethic don't come around very often.

I would say that puts Quinn on the outs, however I'd be all for bringing Tebow here, guys with his toughness, leadership and work ethic don't come around very often.

Doug Flutie 2.0. I liked him in the draft and I like him now. While I think that Fitzy is the man to keep in there now. I want somebody to groom. Ryan is no spring chicken.

Doug Flutie 2.0. I liked him in the draft and I like him now. While I think that Fitzy is the man to keep in there now. I want somebody to groom. Ryan is no spring chicken.

Flutie seriously? Tebow is way bigger than papa smurf and can throw from the pocket unlike the diminutive one.

They also might not take a QB with the 2nd pick.

He's 28!!