Madden '12 Cover

Who would be the most recognizable to the general football fan?

I suppose the correct answer is no one. But Johnson had that big drop that put him on the highlight (lowlight?) reels that weekend. I suspect that might make him the most recognizable.

Oh, I dunno. Without flexing too much brain power, I'd say that the average fan knows Lee Evans, CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson a helluva lot better than some guy with a non-descript name on a loser team whose biggest claim to fame is dropping a ball and losing a game. Wouldn't you?

Stevie Johnson? Really? The twits at EA looked up and down the roster and thought the most recognizable player was Stevie Johnson? :thumbdown:

No wonder their game sucks year after year.

This is another reason I would be good with drafting Cam Newton. Who is the current face of the Bills' franchise?? Ralph? Chan?

This is another reason I would be good with drafting Cam Newton. Who is the current face of the Bills' franchise?? Ralph? Chan?

VY is the face of the Titans franchise, or was...and that is compared to C.Johnson.

How many QB busts have the Raiders have? Who's their face?

The Panters?

Browns?

Surely the Broncos have Tebow as their guy?!

Fine, we all know Matt Leinert and Carson Palmer.

Alright, well shoot...maybe drafting a guy to be the face of the franchise and be on the cover of Madden is kind of silly...

Ryan Leaf became the face of a franchise. Just sayin'. I am OK with Cam if they really, really believe in him, but "can he be a face of the franchise" should be a question FAR down the list of important qualities we're looking for in our #1 draft pick. To say otherwise is to admit desperation, and such strategies have plenty of potential to backfire.

"Can he play?" is the only question I give a damn about.

Oh, I dunno. Without flexing too much brain power, I'd say that the average fan knows Lee Evans, CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson a helluva lot better than some guy with a non-descript name on a loser team whose biggest claim to fame is dropping a ball and losing a game. Wouldn't you?

My honest answer is no. Outside of Bills fans Evans, Jackson and Spiller are not household names. Granted either is the guy with the non descript name, as you say, but the drop was memorable and was all over the talking heads shows.

The bottom line is there are no memorable players on the Bills. Hopefully that will change soon.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Stevie Johnson? Really? The twits at EA looked up and down the roster and thought the most recognizable player was Stevie Johnson? :thumbdown:

No wonder their game sucks year after year.

Who would you put on instead?

I won't be wasting my time voting on this. It's ultimately pointless because no matter how many millions of votes Johnson gets there is no way in hell EA will put Steve Johnson on the cover of Madden '12. Just not going to happen, so there's not point in playing along with their little promotion.

Either I am blind or stupid, but I do not see Johnson (or any Bills logo for that matter) on that bracket.

Probably both. I see 13th seed Steve Johnson on the left side of the bracket, and there's a Bills logo next to his name.