Gabe Carimi

I will eat my hat if Carimi falls past (or is it passed in this case?) the Gmen. He is a stud RT and I give the G Men a lot of credit when it comes to scouting lineman. I wouldn’t be against trading back from 3 and selecting him around 12-15 either (assuming c.Jordan/JJ Watt/Quinn are gone by that point)

Its good to know he likes Buffalo though (well I assume he does, if it’s a lot like Madison and he chose to attend Wisconsin, then exo-facto he likes Buffalo). I would love to add him and his buddy Moffit too.

I will eat my hat if Carimi falls past (or is it passed in this case?) the Gmen. He is a stud RT and I give the G Men a lot of credit when it comes to scouting lineman. I wouldn’t be against trading back from 3 and selecting him around 12-15 either (assuming c.Jordan/JJ Watt/Quinn are gone by that point)

Its good to know he likes Buffalo though (well I assume he does, if it’s a lot like Madison and he chose to attend Wisconsin, then exo-facto he likes Buffalo). I would love to add him and his buddy Moffit too.

Oh my, imagine the right side of our offensive line with Moffit and Carimi? I know it's pretty common for tackles to switch sides, and the transition is fairly manageable. I wonder if the same is true for guards; Moffit making the transition from LG to RG...would that be a difficult transition for him?

In an case....there is no way Carimi makes it to #34. We could have possibly a Moffit - Ijalana/Barksdale/Carpenter combination on that right side :thumbsup:

After watching half a dozen or so games and videos that I can find, in order to watch Carimi, I couldn't help notice Moffit. The guy is a beast. I bet Carimi wants a team to take Moffit, because Moffit made Carimi look better and propel him to First Round money. Carimi should have to pay Moffit a cut of his 1st round signing bonus.

Not that Carimi is not good, just I don't think he as good as he looks without an absolute beast like Moffit next to him.

I hope the Bills make the Moffit pick, I think #68 might be too soon, especially since the interior of the O-Line is not a top priority but Moffit just looks like a 10+ year all pro potential guard to me.

I don't think Carimi makes it on the Roster. It would almost take two moves to get him. A trade down then a trade back into the late first.

Derek Sherrod seems to be an option at #34. Opinions? I didn't watch any Mississippi St. games.

Bell Moffit Wood Levitre Sherrod

Edited by Why So Serious?

Man, it'd be nice to have two or three picks in each round.

It would, but I don't see Ralph trading back to make the Bills a strong team. Carimi will not sell tickets. Spiller would have if he was any good, but RTs simply do not. They win football games, but they don't have that immediate draw, and Mr. Wilson is going to make his cash.

It would, but I don't see Ralph trading back to make the Bills a strong team. Carimi will not sell tickets. Spiller would have if he was any good, but RTs simply do not. They win football games, but they don't have that immediate draw, and Mr. Wilson is going to make his cash.

Speak for yourself, I hate RBs and WRs and DBs and refuse to buy anything that will somehow divert my money into Ralphs pockets as long as they continue to draft them.

I like big diesel lineman. They turn me on :blush:

Speak for yourself, I hate RBs and WRs and DBs and refuse to buy anything that will somehow divert my money into Ralphs pockets as long as they continue to draft them.

I like big diesel lineman. They turn me on :blush:

This time around I think they will take a quarterback. It makes sense. Ralph has been pushing the issue for quite some time, and has even paid the travel expenses for Nix to scout them.

It might work too. If he is going to sell the team, a franchise qb would certainly increase it's value, as well as make the Bills a better football team.

If they draft Peterson, it's time to panic in terms of drawing fans, and dragging this team down the drain.

i saw some stuff that Carimi projects as a RG not a RT.

He played Guard in the Senior Bowl, because he was the 3rd best Tackle on the roster.

However I don't think 6-7 315 Carimi is going to play guard in the Pros. I also don't think many if any are projecting that he'll play guard.

The question is if he is athletic enough to play LT in the NFL. That's where there is some debate. I'd say its 65/35 for RT at this point.

Carimi is a classic RT. He's arguably the best run-blocker in the draft, and is good enough in pass protection that he should be able to start as a rookie.

I believe that it would definitely take some kind of trade to get him, as I feel really confident he'll go somewhere in the 18-25 range. If Buffalo does make a trade, I'm almost certain it'd be up from 34 and not down from 3. I really don't condone giving up the first top 5 pick the team has had since 2002.

There's a feeling around this board that the team can and should just move back and pick up all these extra picks, and the truth is that many times the value just isn't there. Now, that could change with a new CBA where rookies get less guaranteed money, and thus you'd see 2 things happen: (1) more trading of top 5 picks, and (2) a greater opportunity for positions other than QB, DE, and OT to be taken at the #1 pick (again, b/c the guaranteed money doesn't preclude them from it). Until then, however, you're likely looking at getting a 3rd and a late-round pick to move back a few spots, and for that price, I think you're better off taking a guy you like at #3 overall as opposed to risking that the player(s) you'd pick a few spots later will be there. Think of it this way: 5 years from now, nobody will care if a player that becomes a cornerstone of your team gets drafted 3rd overall, 12th overall, or 30th overall. What's important is that you get it right.

Just my opinion though...

He played Guard in the Senior Bowl, because he was the 3rd best Tackle on the roster.

However I don't think 6-7 315 Carimi is going to play guard in the Pros. I also don't think many if any are projecting that he'll play guard.

The question is if he is athletic enough to play LT in the NFL. That's where there is some debate. I'd say its 65/35 for RT at this point.

First, no one is calling him a LT, his footwork in pass protection isnt good, hence he's being looked at as RT and as a G.

Yes a Gaurd, read up. Wisc. newpapers held a Q&A with him and people are asking about him being a gaurd. Additonally there are other scouting sites, including NFL.com that say he needs footwork help.

Most likely he will start at G and then determine if he can play RT. In any event he's not someone you take in the top 10 esp not the Bills.

First, no one is calling him a LT, his footwork in pass protection isnt good, hence he's being looked at as RT and as a G.

Yes a Gaurd, read up. Wisc. newpapers held a Q&A with him and people are asking about him being a gaurd. Additonally there are other scouting sites, including NFL.com that say he needs footwork help.

Most likely he will start at G and then determine if he can play RT. In any event he's not someone you take in the top 10 esp not the Bills.

No one is talking about him in the Top10 either.

I sometimes wonder whether there's a certain wisdom in drafting players who grew up or played college ball in cold weather states. Not only are these players used to the cold on game day, they might be less likely to leave town when free agency arrives, than someone who played HS and college ball in Florida or Texas.

I have no statistics to back up this theory, just thinking that of the various factors which play into the decision to sign with a team, comfort level with the climate might rank somewhere in the 4th - 6th position after factors like money, front office reputation/culture of winning, who's the HC, where your wife's family is from, etc.

After watching half a dozen or so games and videos that I can find, in order to watch Carimi, I couldn't help notice Moffit. The guy is a beast. I bet Carimi wants a team to take Moffit, because Moffit made Carimi look better and propel him to First Round money. Carimi should have to pay Moffit a cut of his 1st round signing bonus.

Not that Carimi is not good, just I don't think he as good as he looks without an absolute beast like Moffit next to him.

I hope the Bills make the Moffit pick, I think #68 might be too soon, especially since the interior of the O-Line is not a top priority but Moffit just looks like a 10+ year all pro potential guard to me.

I don't think Carimi makes it on the Roster. It would almost take two moves to get him. A trade down then a trade back into the late first.

Derek Sherrod seems to be an option at #34. Opinions? I didn't watch any Mississippi St. games.

Bell Moffit Wood Levitre Sherrod

1) Why would you move Levitre? He's been our best OLineman the past two seasons.

2) Not singling you out because I know a lot of people are very high on Moffit. But why is this guy a 4-6rd grade when everyone here says how beast the guy is? Sounds like his lack of athleticism will hurt him at the next level. I think Carimi might have been the one making Moffit look better. No?

3) Sherrod would be nice at 34. Need+value=awesome selection.

1) Why would you move Levitre? He's been our best OLineman the past two seasons.

2) Not singling you out because I know a lot of people are very high on Moffit. But why is this guy a 4-6rd grade when everyone here says how beast the guy is? Sounds like his lack of athleticism will hurt him at the next level. I think Carimi might have been the one making Moffit look better. No?

3) Sherrod would be nice at 34. Need+value=awesome selection.

Nice catch. I don't know my right from my left.

Bell Levitre Wood Moffitt Sherrod.

Personally I doubt he is actually there in the 4th. Thats where most of the draftik sites have him going, I actually think someone takes Moffitt and the end of the 2nd beginning of the 3rd. I just don't think that for the Bills it make sense to take another interior lineman at pick 68. If somehow he fell to 99 it would be a no brainer.

As for the Carimi masking Moffitt, watch the tape. Moffit is mauling a guy then picking up a second guy it allows Carimi to create the pocket and contain the speed rushers.

To the untrained eye Moffitt is pretty impressive play after play where Carimi looks like just another tackle prospect.

Frankly, I don't either - but let's try to see who the dance partner would be, shall we?

This is why the Patriots always dominate. 6 draft picks in the first 3 rounds. unbelievable.

The only way we're going to get multiple additional picks this year is to trade down #3 and probably trade Evans. We would be able to pick up an additional 2nd rounder by doing the former and an additional 3rd or 4th rounder by doing the latter.

If Carolina picks Gabbert or Newton, what QB lusting club would want to move ahead of AZ and SF?

Washington and Minnesota possibly. Seattle? They'll probably pick up a FA, 'cause it's too big a leap from #25 up to #3.

Maybe Nix could wave the pick under Harbaugh's nose and get SF to move up in front of AZ.

If Carolina doesn't take a QB at #1. I don't see any possibility of The Bills moving down. Nobody's going to leapfrog up the board to take a defender this year. The draft's too deep there and the price to play that game is way too high.

Man, it'd be nice to have two or three picks in each round.

Amen!!! wish our FO worked trades like the Pats, those bums have 2 picks first 3 or 4 rounds this year and two first round picks every year and they are always in the chase for a superbowl. Guess they need all the help they can get after going 14-2 :doh: If not for their kryptonite (Jets) they would have won the superbowl again. :wallbash: