state of the qb

so my friend is a huge bills fan and he keeps tellin me to log onto this even tho im die hard eagles fan (btw see u all this year...if ther is one :( ) so here i am...and wut i wanna say is that u guys wont get anywhere wit fitz as ur qb...hes a slightly above average qurterback, and wont be the one to get u guys into the playoffs...as evidenced by my name fitzyisagirl ;)....ther are 3 scenarios for your qb situation

1.stay wit fitz and leave this team in the gutters for another year

2.take a chace on kevin kolb being the franchise qb i kno he will become (see atlanta falcons game last year)

3.cam newton/gabbert

id pick 2 becuz kolb will be a better immediate option than both newton or gabbert, and i can see the hope my friend says about fitz..i jus dont see it.....leave some comments nd talk to someone who is non bias opinion

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Kolb=Fitz. Kolb couldnt even win his starting job back that he lost to injury. Granted Vick was playing lights out, but THATS what we need from a QB. Trading for Kolb would just be giving up a pick, to pick Fitz...

IMO, our best options are:

1. Draft Newton

or

2. Keep Fitz, extend him, and build around him for the next few years while looking for an opportunity to upgrade.

I think Kolb=Fitz. Kolb couldnt even win his starting job back that he lost to injury. Granted Vick was playing lights out, but THATS what we need from a QB. Trading for Kolb would just be giving up a pick, to pick Fitz...

IMO, our best options are:

1. Draft Newton

or

2. Keep Fitz, extend him, and build around him for the next few years while looking for an opportunity to upgrade.

agreed but like you said vick played lights out no qb could take the starting spot from him when he was on but when kolb came in when vick went down, the offense jus kept rolling rlly well

Fitz may not be the answer at QB. But in the list of critical needs, that's not this year's top one. And in any case, the only reason to draft a massive project like Newton or trade for Kevin Kolb is if they are a guaranteed upgrade over Fitz and I have seen nothing from either player that makes me think either one is. To my eyes, the two best QBs for the Bills in this draft are Ponder and Dalton, and neither is a threat to unseat Fitz this year.

The Bills best bets for a successful pick at #3 are DE or ILB. And because the ILB position is a bit thin this year, by default the Bills should take a DE. And I'd love to see that be Dareus.

agreed but like you said vick played lights out no qb could take the starting spot from him when he was on but when kolb came in when vick went down, the offense jus kept rolling rlly well

Right, he kept the offense (Andy Reid's offense) rolling, like a game manager. Andy Reid could probably make half this board look like respectable QBs.

Kolb is not much of an upgrade over Fitz. At least not enough to warrant his price tag.

We dont need Kolb, we have him already. To upgrade, we need someone who can play like Vick.

i see what u mean but (in my opinion dareus can wait nd will probably be gone to denver, they need more help at dt)

if the draft goes like this

1.Peterson

2.Dareus

the options are bowers,newton,gabbert,miller,maybe fairley

out of those u need a qb more than u need an olb defense wins championships, but the last tme a team won the title without a franchise qb was baltimore, and no offence but that defense is worlds better than this one, in fact any in the nfl. A franchise qb is a must

Fitz may not be the answer at QB. But in the list of critical needs, that's not this year's top one. And in any case, the only reason to draft a massive project like Newton or trade for Kevin Kolb is if they are a guaranteed upgrade over Fitz and I have seen nothing from either player that makes me think either one is. To my eyes, the two best QBs for the Bills in this draft are Ponder and Dalton, and neither is a threat to unseat Fitz this year.

The Bills best bets for a successful pick at #3 are DE or ILB. And because the ILB position is a bit thin this year, by default the Bills should take a DE. And I'd love to see that be Dareus.

Fitz is only under contract for 1 more season. After that, the Bills have...???

We havent had a franchise QB in over 20 years.

Id say it's a critical need.

thank you we see the logic the bills cant wait any longer they need a franchise qb now more than ever...

well in my opinion here is an actual legitimate trade

philadelphia eagles receive: buffalo 3rd overall

buffalo receives: kevin kolb, 23rd pick, 2nd rounder, and a 5th

thank you we see the logic the bills cant wait any longer they need a franchise qb now more than ever...

hmmm, now thats interesting...

Id have to consider it, but Im not sure...

I believe as much as anyone else that you do whatever is necessary to acquire a franchise QB unless you know for sure that you already have one.

However, if I'm Buffalo, and I'm coming off of a 4-12 season, I'm not giving up the first top 5 draft pick I've had in 9 years for a guy with 7 career starts, just so that I can pay him $30M in guaranteed money.

Now, if Philly wanted to talk to me about the #34 overall pick for Kolb, I'd be listening. However, I still wouldn't be hot on the idea of giving him a fat new contract (which he'll want) with only 7 career starts.

All that said, I think it's a moot point, since I don't think Kolb will be traded this off-season...why would Andy Reid get rid of a guy that's got experience in his system when he's got a QB like Vick who's style of play leaves him so prone to serious injury?

i believe that buffalo can win in two ways wit that trade i said

1.kolb can be the franchise qb this team has been dreaming of

2.rading down may accaully help, as those players will firstly cost less and some may even amount to better players than those in the top 10. For example, at 23 jimmy smith may be available. He is a top 15 talent but becuz of character concerns he will drop. These concerns are bout the people around him, not him. Never been arrested. If he could handle himself back than, he can handle himself now. a great value at 23, could end up being better than amukamara and mayb even peterson

I just believe this may turn out to be the best scenario for this team

You know that trade would never go down that way.

I think bringing in Kolb would hurt the team. Whether or not Fitz is the long term answer, the team responds to him and plays hard for him. I think the attitude in the locker room is crucial for a team's success.

I think bringing in Kolb would hurt the team. Whether or not Fitz is the long term answer, the team responds to him and plays hard for him. I think the attitude in the locker room is crucial for a team's success.

Yeah, when it comes right down to it, Id rather keep and extend Fitz than trade for Kolb.

I recommend you read the board's Terms of Service. Here's an exerpt:

Special note to fans of other teams:

This message board is provided for the enjoyment of Bills fans and you should recognize that as such. We welcome fans from any team that come here in the spirit of good sportsmanship and with the intent to exchange good dialog with Bills fans. However, inappropriate trash talk and other inappropriate methods of disruption are grounds for message removal and possible restricted board access to violators. TBD does not allow mischievous activity from disruptive posters that would result in decreased readership or a devaluation of the product.

thank you dr.darkenstein and as for my spelling, not gonna consume time wit typing full words ahah. anyways, the reason im here is to input knowledge from another teams standpoint into another teams fan base. I am by no means trashing this franchise becuz i see that un fit. Im merely stating how this franchise can return to the prominence it possesed in the 80s and 90s. If that is a problem, feel free to voice your opinion, but i have done no wrong. (by the way, the name is clearly a joke i made to a good friend who is a bills fan, no mean trashing fitz, jus a joke)

btw check out my boy buffalo_bills he is the friend i am referring to

anyways back to the discussion

this team posseses young weapons on offense that when utilized could lead to success, the issue is that the quarterback is not exactly the franchise qb this team has been craving since jim kelly and doug floutie lit the skies up with footballs. Yes taking kolb or newton would be a chance, but this is a game of chance...when the saints kicked that onsider at the beginning of the first half that wuz a chance. It could have gone to the colts and deflated hat team and could have ultimately lead to the colts hoisting the lombardi. but it didnt and went to the saints. what i am saying is that without risk, ther cannot be any reward

srry the spelling for dankenstein is off.,.......:)

I think Fitz is as good as or better than Kolb. Kolb isn't a guaranteed "FRANCHISE QB".

Why is Philly so willing to deal him with concerns surrounding Vick playing an injury free season?

7 starts isn't a heck of a lot, and they aren't even 7 consecutive, they are broken up over a couple years.

The bills played harder for Fitz then any QB since Kelly, and Fitz being a starter for an entire season would put up some impressive numbers. (Going off what he did last season)

We need help on the D-line. I agree that a franchise QB is a must. I just believe we will be a better team addressing the defense @ # 3 than trying for a QB (draft) or trading for an unproven player who is a back up!

Just my 3 cents worth!

i agree snoops, but as plainly seen, fitz is whats known as a journeyman in the nfl, a good quarterback with a nack for putting up high numbers in yards and in picks as well. Kolb while he throws picks, has underated mobility and arm strength, good leadership ability, great football knowledge and learned behind both donovan mcnabb and michael vick. If im the bills im definitely at least considering it im not saying i goes thru, but it has to be in consideration for the rite deal