Adam Schefter calls Bills visionaries

Aloha22

Maybe we should give Ralph credit for actually reading the CBA contract and working with financial advisers to completely understand its implications unlike the other 30 doofuses that thought they were the smartest men in the room because it could not have been a bad deal if they negotiated it. Ralph by the way is one of the minority of owners that continues to fight for small market teams to ensure their survivability in places like Buffalo. Granted he has a vested interested in that he owns the team but at the same time he has been loyal. Give him respect, he has earned it. He could easily have folded the tent many times and pocketed a lot of money and our team would have gone "wide right".

But he didn't actually read it. His big complaint was that it was too complicated and that they were given very little time to digest and make a decision. Moreover, as I recall, wasn't one of his complaints about the split between big and small market owners? It wasn't about the players? Moreover, was it really that bad of a deal? The league has made a fortune since then.

Edited by dave mcbride

But he didn't actually read it. His big complaint was that it was too complicated and that they were given very little time to digest and make a decision. Was it really that bad of a deal? The league has made a fortune since then.

If it was a good deal, the owners would not have opted out. It was apparent shortly after it was signed, against Ralph's vote, that they did not know what they were signing and have been pissed ever since. And Ralph and the Bengals owner did say it was complicated and when they reviewed it, they said it did not do what the owners expected it to do. They were right and now they have a big mess. Personally i don't care and am fine with losing football for a season. Really, I hope it gets ugly and both the players and owners lose big time. This country has a lot more issues to fix than a stupid game. Me, I will go to the Caribbean for a month or two and have a great time. People can save their football money and spend it on something useful like pot. Yes, it is time to invest in agriculture.

No they haven't. They may run similiar passing plays, but they dont have the QB run it 15+ times a game with a zone read play,

That's an option play, not a spread.

or have 98% of their plays come from the shot gun formation.

Irrelevant. The shot gun has no factor in determining whether or not an offense is a "spread" offense. Like the shotgun, the spread is a formation (4-5 wr sets)

It seems what you are calling a "full bore" spread is nothing more than the "spread option".

Not sure if they owe him an apology.

Enough people thought he had done enough good things and things right to be inducted into Canton

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't chris berman the one that inducted him? Yeah. Espn hates the bills alright.

He refers to the Bills and Bengals as "visionaries" for being the lone objectors to the new CBA, back in 2006.

Thanks. I'm really glad to hear somebody say something like that after all they did was make Ralph look like an old fool back then.

Ralph voted "no" the 2006 CBA. The owners unanimously opted-out of it 2 years later. Ralph went out and got the Toronto deal, instead of waiting for "welfare" from the other owners. He hardly "did nothing."

AGREED !!.....

give Ralph his due....

#1- he is obviously one of the smartest owners in football (foresaw the 2006 CBA was a bad deal)

#2- he is concerned about the entire NFL, not just his own franchise (champions revenue sharing)

#3- has turned buffalo from one of the smallest markets into the 4th LARGEST in North America (by adding Toronto).

#4- has and continues to be fiercely loyal to the community of Buffalo (has repeatedly stated the team would never leave in his lifetime.)

#5- keeps the cost of attending games near the lowest tickets in the league.

#6- kept the AFL from folding by financially helping the Raiders and Patriots.

#7- turned a #25,000 investment into a $800 million franchise.

#8- his biggest fault??...trys not to meddle to much in day to day operations.

#9- his biggest mistake??...firing Bill Polian and Hiring Donahoe and Levy as replacement GM's.

#10- Ralph is well educated, a World War II Veteran and was a successful businessman BEFORE football.

WE ARE LUCKY TO HAVE HIM !!!!

Edited by papazoid

AGREED !!.....

give Ralph his due....

#1- he is obviously one of the smartest owners in football (foresaw the 2006 CBA was a bad deal)

#2- he is concerned about the entire NFL, not just his own franchise (champions revenue sharing)

#3- has turned buffalo from one of the smallest markets into the 4th LARGEST in North America (by adding Toronto).

#4- has and continues to be fiercely loyal to the community of Buffalo (has repeatedly stated the team would never leave in his lifetime.)

#9- his biggest mistake??...firing Bill Polian and Hiring Donahoe and Levy as replacement GM's.

#10- Ralph is well educated, a World War II Veteran and was a successful businessman BEFORE football.

Well said. :thumbsup:

But he didn't actually read it. His big complaint was that it was too complicated and that they were given very little time to digest and make a decision. Moreover, as I recall, wasn't one of his complaints about the split between big and small market owners? It wasn't about the players? Moreover, was it really that bad of a deal? The league has made a fortune since then.

If memory serves, RW's biggest concern was indeed about the revenue sharing. In order to be eligible to receive revenue sharing, the bottom 16 teams had to meet certain qualifiers. The qualifiers were as yet undefined at the time the last CBA was ratified by 30 of the 32 owners. Ralph had a legitimate concern.

GO BILLS!!!

AGREED !!.....

give Ralph his due....

did i mention that Ralph is known as the "conscience" of the NFL.