Updated Kiper Mock Draft

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Casey Hampton is one of the best Nose Tackles in the game for Pittsburgh. Same with Wilfork in New England and Raji in Green Bay. Fans and announcers like to talk about the 'backers, but none of them get it done without studs up front. Let's forget all this talk about pass rushers at #3. That's not going to change the league's most hapless run defense. It's gotta be one of the lineman. Bowers, Dareus, or Fairley. Our team is just too small for the 3-4 as is.

Bowers is a medical risk, Dareus (over 300 LB man) self describes himself as someone who's not a workout warrior, Fairley is the only one I'd consider of the three you mentioned.

However, the Bills would be foolish to not take the pass rushing monster that Quinn will end up being. If someone asked you if you wanted Jullius Peppers or a solid run stuffing lineman, what would your answer be?

As much as you want the next Suh, he's not in this draft. Peppers is, they need to draft Robert Quinn.

Bowers is a medical risk, Dareus (over 300 LB man) self describes himself as someone who's not a workout warrior, Fairley is the only one I'd consider of the three you mentioned.

However, the Bills would be foolish to not take the pass rushing monster that Quinn will end up being. If someone asked you if you wanted Jullius Peppers or a solid run stuffing lineman, what would your answer be?

As much as you want the next Suh, he's not in this draft. Peppers is, they need to draft Robert Quinn.

Wait, is that a bad thing? He's saying he's a football player, not just someone who looks good in the weight room with shorts on.

1 bills fan, you like the Quinn alot. But i am correct with my pick at #3, Dareus. I have been saying this for months. You can have your Quinn as long as i get My guy who can take turn at the nose with Troupe in 3-4. Will we get either? probably not. Probably Peterson or take the risk at qb. But i remain hopeful that we address defense and against run should be the priority.

So you wouldn't want Brady or Manning as our QB? They signed the filing. Just asking.

Brady and Manning are both vetern players that while i do not agree with them have earned the right to do as they please. Von Miller has called into question the very process that may earn him millions. why take a chanec on a player with potenial but no proof as to whether he will pan out and he is already a malcontent.

and in answer to your question i would take brady over manning every day of the week and three times on sunday.

1 bills fan, you like the Quinn alot. But i am correct with my pick at #3, Dareus. I have been saying this for months. You can have your Quinn as long as i get My guy who can take turn at the nose with Troupe in 3-4. Will we get either? probably not. Probably Peterson or take the risk at qb. But i remain hopeful that we address defense and against run should be the priority.

I read that the Panthers are still seriously considering 7 guys for that #1 pick. I'm sure that the Bills are in the same boat. Peterson, Quinn, Miller, Dareus, Fairley, Gabbert, Newton, Green, Jones...that's 9 players I could see the Bills seriously consider picking at #3...LOL

So in the end, it doesn't matter who we fans promote. The Bills have their plan and no bluster from any of us will change that plan.

Certainly, a defensive back at #3 is what we need, right? Strong lines should be nothing but an afterthought. You have a sound football philosophy! :thumbsup:

Not for sure, thinking that there may be a terminology issue here.

Some use DL to mean front + linebackers.

Some use DL to mean front only, not linebackers.

Wow, why would we want to use our #3 on a linebacker when we have Merriman, Poz. and we used our two 6th round picks on LB last year and Batten and Moats seem poised to contribute.

Um, 'cuz we want to improve and have depth?

Same thing for DL - plus, the BPA philosophy might indicate stronger talent at DL than LB this year? So draft for DL and we have a deeper, stronger line.

Draft for LB too, plus FA.

Just me

Von Miller put his name on the anti-trust litigation officially making him persona non grata. why would anyone draft this malcontent. all of the talent in the world will not make up for this slap in the owners face.

Ummm yeah sure... I heard that the Colts, *Cheaters and Saints have alreay started making plans on getting rid of Manning, Brady and Brees for their slap in the face to the owners.

Well thought out rjwii, well thought out!

Awesome! i had to laugh out loud.

I billieve the Def front? linemen have the the most ready to start players available in the first and are thick enough in the 2 maybe-3 picks also this draft season. Grabbing the best ilb that can start and compete with Davis and Pz. will be interesting if they go at it at #34. or the olb. We are not secure there by any means. much less having a pass rushing player yet. Boy we fans are having a tough time deciding aren't we.

Lack of FA really makes our picks tougher because we need to think about depth. We have one true 3-4 nose in Troupe. Seriously who could we rotate in besides pull Kyle from the end position. But that is not his strength. 4-3 tackle sure. We need one more fat kid in the trench.

San and Booze, in all honesty, right now ... if you could make a wholesale trade our line for Steelers line or our Linebackers for Steelers linebackers, which one would you do?

Absolutely not a shred of doubt in my mind I'd trade our LBs for theirs.

I absolutely agree with you Joe. In fact just last year the Steelers drafted 3 linebackers. The Steelers make it a point of emphasis to draft and develop top linebackers and have been doing this for decades.

I was just pointing out that a 3-4 still needs good linemen to be an effective defense. The Steelers three starting D-linemen have 7 Pro Bowls combined and each of them has gone to at least one Pro Bowl. That's a pretty good line.

The Steelers have an excellent model in defensive front seven and how they got them and have brought to the level of play they are defined and known for.

Wouldnt it be nice to be described as "one of the best group of linebackers in the afc east" or something like "it is nearly impossible to run against those Bills linemen" i do not know if that is The path to a Super Bowl win. But i would love to be able to brag on our defense some day soon.

We have one great player already!

I read that the Panthers are still seriously considering 7 guys for that #1 pick. I'm sure that the Bills are in the same boat. Peterson, Quinn, Miller, Dareus, Fairley, Gabbert, Newton, Green, Jones...that's 9 players I could see the Bills seriously consider picking at #3...LOL

So in the end, it doesn't matter who we fans promote. The Bills have their plan and no bluster from any of us will change that plan.

+1 - We have so many holes to fill they could draft any of these guys or trade down (which would make me do back flips if it happened). I'm positive nobody would put real and serious money on who they think the Bills will pick at #3 because it is a huge flip of a few coins this year.