NFL/Players extend lockout deadline

I just can't allow myself to get my hopes up. I do agree that by extending it only 24 hours they are making it look like a deal may be imminent, but I just can't see it getting done that soon. Hopefully I'm way off and the mediation has helped more than any of us know right now.

I just can't allow myself to get my hopes up. I do agree that by extending it only 24 hours they are making it look like a deal may be imminent, but I just can't see it getting done that soon. Hopefully I'm way off and the mediation has helped more than any of us know right now.

I don't think it was the mediation as much as it was the recent ruling and the obvious change in public perception of the owners ...

Still, I don't think the owners cave just yet.

Vonnie Holliday on ESPN just said that one of the only things the players and owner have agreed upon is a rookie wage scale. So it looks like that is a given in the new CBA. I have long accepted that but not everyone has.

No side wants this to go further. There is a compromise to be made here. I suspect that the owners will get another 500 million off the top (Instead of the Billion they were looking for) as well a rookie wage scale to ease player salaries; while the players don't get an 18 game season and still get 57.8 percent of the rest of the money after the 1.5 Billion is taken off the top.

The consensus on NFL network seemed to be that the extension was just to give them enough time to work on a longer extension, something like a week.

I still doubt anything gets done, and i doubt they are that close.