When Pols & Unions Sleep Together This is the

You have your own business so you obviously have a say in how many hours you work and obviously there is a trade off in terms of profit sharing vs vacation time.

Well I don't have my own business. And I look at it differently. The amount of time I put in has a direct correlation between how profitable my regional center is and that in turn drives my bonus. Whereas EII is concerned with how much vacation time he has I'm concerned with how much profit I can drive. I don't accrue vacation time. I accrue $$ which I can spend on vacation/retirement. To me retirement is the wealth of time.

Well I don't have my own business. And I look at it differently. The amount of time I put in has a direct correlation between how profitable my regional center is and that in turn drives my bonus. Whereas EII is concerned with how much vacation time he has I'm concerned with how much profit I can drive. I don't accrue vacation time. I accrue $$ which I can spend on vacation/retirement. To me retirement is the wealth of time.

You evil, evil, profiteering bastard.

It was from the article. They get a paid birthday.

THNX! I didn't login in... It must have been in not the freebie part? I can't imagine what they would get if they worked a holiday like Christmas. We work 8 and get paid for 16... Yet, you can always get somebody that will call in and they will get their holiday bonus too while the other guy is stuck covering the shift... Some union we got! I always said they should offer triple time if worked and then you would see people tripping over each other to get in. That is really only our problem day, everybody wants Christmas off... Bunch a wimps!

I agree... What ever floats your boat. I do accrue vacation time and get paid for the days off which in turn I spend on vacation and put towards retirement. Best of both worlds.

I really wish I got paid by the boat or tonnage... I would have been a multi-millionaire 10 years ago... My goal is also to get the eff out of here as early as possible. Retirement will also be the wealth of time for me which if everything goes as planned, in my late 50's... I am now 43. I am in the new system and have been stashing cash relgiously like recommended since the get go... And buy has it paid off... You can really see it compounding lately even with the past downturn/losses.

Sorry I thought it was your firm. The difference between me and you ATM is that I work in a cost sector so we have no true impact on the profit of the company so I can't really get more than a fixed bonus. Eventually the goal is to work in a front office environment where the situation would reflect yours. But that being said, last year I had 45 days accrued of vacation and well, i definitely enjoyed it :D

You evil, evil, profiteering bastard.

Exploiting the masses and stealing their money so he can take vacation...rather than just being granted vacation days by the government - since vacation is a natural resource...

Exploiting the masses and stealing their money so he can take vacation...rather than just being granted vacation days by the government - since vacation is a natural resource...

You should be commenting in the Cali dingbat thread... It surely needs your wisdom. :D

Edited by ExiledInIllinois