Chad Reuter (Sports Xchange) Ranks 3-4 prospects

One nit to pick with and a question for Mr. Reuter.

The nit: the 34 has been used in the NFL since the 70s, not the 80s as he contends.

Where's Fairley? Perhaps Fairley is only being considered as a 40 front DLman? Seems a football player that good can play in any front.

GO BILLS!!!

Fairley's a 4-3 tackle. Why can't Bills fans get this?

Well, that's why I asked the question. Is Fairley strictly being projected as a 40 front DLman? Is that the book on him according to NFL personnel experts or the Chad Reuters and Joe_the_6_packs of the world? As a Bills fan, I really need to get this.

GO BILLS!!!

To paraphrase Mayock

“Nick Fairley can play any position in any front” - as stated on NFL Network.

Fairley is most certainly not a 40 front only guy.

I thought so. Great players can play. Especially on defense. Why pigeon-hole the guy?

GO BILLS!!!

He looks like he has a body type that could shed a few lbs and fit in as a pretty good 3-4 end??

Fairley is a great player and could easily play end in a 3-4, IMO.

And he wouldn't have to shed a few pounds. He weighed 291 at the combine…pretty much the ideal weight for a 5 technique end.

Let's go back to last year:

Kyle Williams is only a 4-3 tackle, why can't Bills fans get this?

Based upon how stout we were up the middle against the run, I'd say lay of the sarcasm. William is a 4-3 tackle...period, if he's to be most effective.

Based upon how stout we were up the middle against the run, I'd say lay of the sarcasm. William is a 4-3 tackle...period, if he's to be most effective.

Exactly. Now he's fairly versatile and can play any position, but if you're really looking to maximize him it would be 4-3 DT. In 3-4, I see his best use as LDE.

Exactly. Now he's fairly versatile and can play any position, but if you're really looking to maximize him it would be 4-3 DT. In 3-4, I see his best use as LDE.

I know. Kyle Williams was lost and didn't contribute last season in the 3-4. :wallbash:

his arms are too short to take on tackles. Much better vs guards and centers

He penetrates, he would no matter where you put him. But he's not stout enough to hold his ground against double and triple teams be an effective run stopper. Stats dont lie

What stats? If you are going to trot out our woeful rushing yards allowed stat, you may want to look at every game played, breakdown every play to determine where those yards were gained, and especially note how many times KW was doubled last season. You can count on your hands the number of times he wasn't double teamed and yet, the only team who really contained him was NE the second time we played them. He more than held his own at the POA and allowed our LBs the freedom to make plays far more often than not. While I'm at it, we have to get past this notion that LBs have to be clean as the driven snow to make tackles. That's BS. Their job description includes being able to shed a block and/or beat the back to the hole. Ours suck at that.

KW is more than capable as a tackle in the 34. Let him play his 1 gap and go. We've got to stop buying into the myth that the only way you can play a 34 is to have a huge 2gap NT. You don't. Especially when you have a great player like KW. We need ends and LBs. KW is just fine.

GO BILLS!!!