Greg McElroy

brenty

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Greg-McElroy-almost-aced-the-Wonderlic-Is-he-to?urn=ncaaf-327510

So this guy is tied with fitzy on the highest score on the wonderlic. It may just be me, but i kinda want the guy now. he will probably be open in the late rounds. I just want him because we will have the smartest QB core. HA.

anyways, its a good read.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Greg-McElroy-almost-aced-the-Wonderlic-Is-he-to?urn=ncaaf-327510

So this guy is tied with fitzy on the highest score on the wonderlic. It may just be me, but i kinda want the guy now. he will probably be open in the late rounds. I just want him because we will have the smartest QB core. HA.

anyways, its a good read.

I think you are joking...right?

In any case, if we were to draft McElroy, we would be able to destroy any other NFL team at Trivial Pursuit! LOL!

I think you are joking...right?

In any case, if we were to draft McElroy, we would be able to destroy any other NFL team at Trivial Pursuit! LOL!

yes i am joking, but he isnt that bad anyways. Not in the top 5 out there but top 10.

I just thought it was a good read, about smart QB's are a risk and what not.

I also wouldnt mind winning in trivial pursuit, we can finally be the best at something!!!

Did anyone see Florio's comment regarding the score?

"That said, scoring too high can be as much of a problem as scoring too low. Football coaches want to command the locker room. Being smarter than the individual players makes that easier. Having a guy in the locker room who may be smarter than every member of the coaching staff can be viewed as a problem — or at a minimum as a threat to the egos of the men who hope to be able when necessary to outsmart the players, especially when trying in some way to manipulate them."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/28/greg-mcelroy-gets-a-48-on-the-wonderlic/

Do you think this is true regarding QB's??? Now if we're talking about a CB, LB, ect, I could see this. But a QB? He's supposed to be the leader of the team...a guy who can and will challenge the coach AND be smart by doing it behind closed doors. I just don't see this as an issue with a QB.

Thoughts?

I hear Steven Hawking aced the test. But his 40 was sub-par.

He improved his 40 time with a new supersized motorized chair. However, he was disqualified when his breaking system malfunctioned and he ran over the timer.

Did anyone see Florio's comment regarding the score?

"That said, scoring too high can be as much of a problem as scoring too low. Football coaches want to command the locker room. Being smarter than the individual players makes that easier. Having a guy in the locker room who may be smarter than every member of the coaching staff can be viewed as a problem — or at a minimum as a threat to the egos of the men who hope to be able when necessary to outsmart the players, especially when trying in some way to manipulate them."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/28/greg-mcelroy-gets-a-48-on-the-wonderlic/

Do you think this is true regarding QB's??? Now if we're talking about a CB, LB, ect, I could see this. But a QB? He's supposed to be the leader of the team...a guy who can and will challenge the coach AND be smart by doing it behind closed doors. I just don't see this as an issue with a QB.

Thoughts?

I remember reading somewhere that, while scouts/coaches favor a score that is above average, they do not want a score that is TOO high -- not only for the reason(s) cited above but also because they fear that a player that is overly intelligent will tend to over-analyze a situation, rather than rely on instincts.

Greg McElroy is a great kid and a great person who worked very hard throughout his college career. Im glad he has a National Championship to remember football by, because he sure isn't going to do much in the NFL.

I wish him a long, easy, and profitable career as a clipboard holding backup.

I hear Steven Hawking aced the test. But his 40 was sub-par.

It was his terrible vertical and broad jump that really did him in. Not to mention that the scouting reports show he doesn't continue to hustle when knocked down.

Greg McElroy is a great kid and a great person who worked very hard throughout his college career. Im glad he has a National Championship to remember football by, because he sure isn't going to do much in the NFL.

I wish him a long, easy, and profitable career as a clipboard holding backup.

He'll be like his Daddy, working in some team's front office.