(OT) LOTR: The Return of the King DVD

PIZ

I'm picking it up today and I'm going to watch all 3 this weekend.

159498[/snapback]

Do you know if there are any plans to release the entire trilogy in an extended format instead of getting them piecemeal?

Do you know if there are any plans to release the entire trilogy in an extended format instead of getting them piecemeal?

159500[/snapback]

I think on Amazon you can buy all three as a package (packaged together). I'd have to go look, but I could swear it was like $88.

Walmart---72.88

Yeah, it probably will take all weekend. I watched the entire Band of Brothers set in one glorious weekend also. I'm a good movie junkie. I spent (not wasted) 2 full weekends this year watching Star Wars Trilogy and Band of Brothers. I watched the Fellowship of the Ring this weekend on TBS or TNT and it gave me the itch. Man I love these movies. I'm hoping Peter Jackson still plans on doing the Hobbit.

Walmart---72.88

Yeah, it probably will take all weekend.  I watched the entire Band of Brothers set in one glorious weekend also.  I'm a good movie junkie.  I spent (not wasted) 2 full weekends this year watching Star Wars Trilogy and Band of Brothers.  I watched the Fellowship of the Ring this weekend on TBS or TNT and it gave me the itch.  Man I love these movies.  I'm hoping Peter Jackson still plans on doing the Hobbit.

159535[/snapback]

Heck, I'm still waiting for Peter Jackson to do the remake of King Kong (the 1933 classic). It's been LONG delayed and I am really looking forward to it.

My brother is picking his up today. He's already put in for tommorow off, because he plans on watching it as soon as he gets home from work.

159574[/snapback]

My kind of guy. Probably the best 3 movies I'll ever see in my lifetime. I don't think anything compares. My top 2 movies of all time are LOTR & Band of Brothers and I don't think anything else comes close.

My kind of guy.  Probably the best 3 movies I'll ever see in my lifetime.  I don't think anything compares.  My top 2 movies of all time are LOTR & Band of Brothers and I don't think anything else comes close.

159594[/snapback]

The new scene with "Sauron's Mouth" at the end of ROTK is going to add a lot. If you've read the book, you'll know what I'm talking about. It'll add a ton more emotion when Aragorn makes that last charge at the Gates of Mordor.

SilverNRed Posted Today, 10:18 AM

QUOTE(PIZ @ Dec 14 2004, 08:45 AM)

My kind of guy.  Probably the best 3 movies I'll ever see in my lifetime.  I don't think anything compares.  My top 2 movies of all time are LOTR & Band of Brothers and I don't think anything else comes close.

The new scene with "Sauron's Mouth" at the end of ROTK is going to add a lot. If you've read the book, you'll know what I'm talking about. It'll add a ton more emotion when Aragorn makes that last charge at the Gates of Mordor.

I'm getting my copy today. That should be a great scene. Also more footage of the Pellenor Fields battle, the final confrontation with Saruman, and the confrontation between Gandalf & the Witch King should be fantastic.

These 3 films are what movies are all about. One of the greatest undertakings in cinema history.

I also can not wait to see what Peter Jackson has in store for us with King Kong, next December.

You can buy all three together as already noted, but my guess is that this is a quick fix for the holiday sales season.

Sometime next year, probably in the Spring, I would expect to see a more "official" trilogy DVD set which includes even more goodies. I'm not sure if I can wait.