Charlie Sheen ladies and gentlemen, Charlie Sheen

Beerball

Now I'm back to thinking it's performance art.

If it is, he took a HELL of a pay cut for it.

I agree -- the Funny or Die thing wasn't that funny. His rants are funny because he seems truly unhinged. But the fact that he has this (fairly) polished and slick piece which clearly makes fun of himself shows that he's far more self aware than we thought.

Which, also makes it less funny.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree -- the Funny or Die thing wasn't that funny. His rants are funny because he seems truly unhinged. But the fact that he has this (fairly) polished and slick piece which clearly makes fun of himself shows that he's far more self aware than we thought.

Maybe he wants to one up the Joaquin Phoenix act. :w00t:

I dunno, I thought it was pretty damn funny. Like I said, he's giving trainwrecks a lesson on what a trainwreck really is, and I'm completely digging it.

He also had the same grill as me, so I'm a little biased, I guess.

Now I'm back to thinking it's performance art.

If it is, he took a HELL of a pay cut for it.

I dont think the original rants were "staged" but I dont think they were nearly as serious as everyone thought they were. People actually thought that he believed he was a Warlock Assassin for the Vatican! Cmon! Even during the 20/20 interview, he made it obvious that he was saying things just to get a reaction out of people.

I think it's hilarious that while all the celebrity obsessed "trolls" have been harping on him for "losing his mind", he's able to still take a step back and laugh at himself. Shows he is more there than most people give him credit for. When he isnt on a rocket ship to the moon, that is.

The fact that he just Andy Kaufmaned most of America is awesome!

Edited by DrDankenstein

The fact that he just Andy Kaufmaned most of America is awesome!

If he truly did that, I'd agree 100%. However, the Funny or Die thing seemed to be some sort of damage control more than anything. He officially launched his suit against WB today and Chuck Lorre so I doubt it was really a ploy all along. You don't sue one of the biggest studios in the world for a gag.

... well, not if you ever care about acting ever again in anything outside of a student film.

If he truly did that, I'd agree 100%. However, the Funny or Die thing seemed to be some sort of damage control more than anything. He officially launched his suit against WB today and Chuck Lorre so I doubt it was really a ploy all along. You don't sue one of the biggest studios in the world for a gag.

... well, not if you ever care about acting ever again in anything outside of a student film.

And there is where Lorre and WB went wrong. The original rants were GOLD. They whipped the general population into a frenzy that hasnt been seen since the OJ trial. So much so, that now that Charlie has been fired, he's falling back on those rants here, and will be able to use them to find more work. He's simply too popular, and too much of a draw, to NOT get work.

2 weeks ago, Sheen handed Warner Bros, and 2 And A Half Men the advertising of a lifetime. Can you imagine if they simply suspended production shortly, Lorre calls up Sheen and says "Brilliant, lets put this behind us and get back to work", and then they release a show a couple weeks later?!? The ratings WOULD HAVE BEEN through the roof!! Which is why Lorre/WB should have "PLANNED BETTER".

Sheen has been kicking ass and making millions for 25 years. He's proven he can still be a huge draw. He'll be fine. 2 And A Half Men wont be.

Or if you're winning at such a level of gnarly awesomeness that the unevolved mind can't comprehend how you're going to melt Lorre's face with your flaming fists of fury and leave his droopy-eyed armless children weeping over his corpse.

And there is where Lorre and WB went wrong. The original rants were GOLD. They whipped the general population into a frenzy that hasnt been seen since the OJ trial. So much so, that now that Charlie has been fired, he's falling back on those rants here, and will be able to use them to find more work. He's simply too popular, and too much of a draw, to NOT get work.

2 weeks ago, Sheen handed Warner Bros, and 2 And A Half Men the advertising of a lifetime. Can you imagine if they simply suspended production shortly, Lorre calls up Sheen and says "Brilliant, lets put this behind us and get back to work", and then they release a show a couple weeks later?!? The ratings WOULD HAVE BEEN through the roof!! Which is why Lorre/WB should have "PLANNED BETTER".

Sheen has been kicking ass and making millions for 25 years. He's proven he can still be a huge draw. He'll be fine. 2 And A Half Men wont be.

I hear what you're saying, but there's a limit. And that comes with insurance. It's not something that's talked about much, but right now there isn't a company that will insure Sheen to work. Not one. Which will make it impossible for him to work on any studio/network project for the foreseeable future. The caveat to that is if he happens to win his law suit (which, he has a chance to, believe it or not).

He's hugely popular now. The most recent episode of Men was the highest rated show of the MONTH -- and it was a rerun. The show is still gold for WB and CBS and will continue to generate millions of dollars in syndication whether or not they produce another episode. CL will never work with him again, I've never worked with either but CL's history on Grace Under Fire shows how he deals with actors who call him out ... right or wrong, Lorre is one of the most successful showrunners in town -- Big Bang and Mike & Molly are huge hits (no pun intended), he'll be fine with or without Sheen. But sheen is going to find a tough road ahead.

Doesn't mean it's impossible though.

One road I see him taking, and it may be the best one to take, would be to go back to features. He couldn't do it for a few years (maybe 5) -- but come back in a small supporting role (where insurance would be minimal) on an oscar bait type film and build from there. I think he's done in TV. No one will touch him outside of the reality shows.

But, that's just my worthless two cents. And I do mean worthless ...

Or if you're winning at such a level of gnarly awesomeness that the unevolved mind can't comprehend how you're going to melt Lorre's face with your flaming fists of fury and leave his droopy-eyed armless children weeping over his corpse.

This is true! :lol: :lol:

Sheen has been kicking ass and making millions for 25 years. He's proven he can still be a huge draw. He'll be fine.

That boy is completely manic right now; but it's not going to last.

He's like an overfilled balloon and I seriously doubt he's going to be "fine".

That boy is completely manic right now; but it's not going to last.

He's like an overfilled balloon and I seriously doubt he's going to be "fine".

Exactly. If he's not using he's on a manic high and when he comes down off that high it's going to be ugly. But you folks keep applauding the show as if it was a Hollywood movie instead of someone having a meltdown. Some of you think he's cool and winning and I just think it's sad and feel sorry for him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...