What's the least you would take

KurtGodel77

How small would the best offer have to be before you decided just to keep this guy on the team?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. How small would the best offer have to be before you decided just to keep this guy on the team?

• I wouldn't trade Travis at all
    • Either I get a first round pick, or there is no trade
    • I need at least a second rounder to trade him away
    • I need at least a third round pick or he stays with the team
    • I need at least a fourth round pick or he stays
    • I need at least a fifth round pick
    • I'd trade him away for anything I can get

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking to find out how much people think Travis can contribute to the team next year.

159373[/snapback]

At this point Henry is a salary dump. Having him around is only a negative to the locker room.

I'd be perfectly happy about ripping the Dolphins off in a one-sided trade. But if the trade was more balanced, it would be better for it to be outside the division.

159378[/snapback]

I don't think I'd do it, even for a 1st rounder. Although the angry mob on the board has begun the "kill Travis" chant, everyone seems to have conveniantly forgotten that this guy was the best player on the team up until this year.

Anyone remember last year? Getting 1300 yards after missing a game or two and playing the whole year on a broken leg and bruised ribs?

You think Antowain Smith was something posessed when we played him twice a year? Imagine Travis Henry.

No, he needs to go outside the division and outside of the conference if possible.

I don't think I'd do it, even for a 1st rounder.  Although the angry mob on the board has begun the "kill Travis" chant, everyone seems to have conveniantly forgotten that this guy was the best player on the team up until this year.

Anyone remember last year? Getting 1300 yards after missing a game or two and playing the whole year on a broken leg and bruised ribs?

You think Antowain Smith was something posessed when we played him twice a year? Imagine Travis Henry.

No, he needs to go outside the division and outside of the conference if possible.

159385[/snapback]

if we got miami's first round pick that would be huge as that is a top 5 pick. I don't think miami would be that foolish but they are definitely funked up down there. Still that pick for henry, hell i'd take it

There's no urgency to trade Henry unless we get value. At worst, he's an affordable backup running back who'll just leave after one more season - unless there's something more to Shaud WIlliams (might be) I think it's worth having a good backup RB. Stephen Davis and DeShaun Foster before they both got hurt, for example. These guys are pros, they can deal with it. Travis has been quiet - he likes his job, maybe?

There's no urgency to trade Henry unless we get value.  At worst, he's an affordable backup running back who'll just leave after one more season - unless there's something more to Shaud WIlliams (might be) I think it's worth having a good backup RB.  Stephen Davis and DeShaun Foster before they both got hurt, for example.  These guys are pros, they can deal with it.  Travis has been quiet - he likes his job, maybe?

159403[/snapback]

You are correct sir! There is no real reason to trade Travis Henry at this point. He is a very proven commodity, that would likely not bring equal value in a trade. Running backs get hurt a lot in the NFL. Travis would be great depth to McGahee, should the unthinkable happen.

If this team continues to evolve as nicely as it has the last 9 weeks, perhaps Mularkey and Clements can take the next step, and find a way to work Henry into the lineup more, as was promised at the beginning of the season. Some Bills fans are acting as though Travis is a useless POS. So what makes all of these doubters think we can get anything for him?

Silvermike, you are correct, the Bills are paying Travis very little, so keeping him around for the final year of his contract is not really that big of a waste, salary cap wise. Shaud Williams may very well turn out to be a good roll palyer, but he is way too small to be a week in week out starter. At best, he is a Warrick Dunn type. As brilliant as Dunn has been at times over his carreer, he has never proven to be a reliable week in week out starter. Joe Burns has done little to distinguish himself, with admittedly few opportunities.

So what, if Henry leaves, we pick up another Olandis Gary type for depth, and overpay him, when we have a good backup already in Travis? It just doesn't make sense. TD, if nothing else, seems to value a good deal for the Bills. Unless Travis becomes a total locker-room cancer (which had not happened, despite the contention of some here), or some desperate team makes an offer we can't refuse (say a first or second rounder), there is no real reason to get rid of him, just for the sake of getting rid of him. I predict that both Henry and Bledsoe will be on the Bills roster again next season, as much as it would just kill some of the people on this board.....

Henry doesn't contribute anything positive in the locker room and is a huge pouter. After 2004, he needs to move on to a team that will give him some playing time. I'm grateful for his past efforts but his style of taking on all contact spells a brief career in the NFL. For whatever reason, he hit a wall this year and just doesn't contribute anything positive, on or off the field.

McGahee is the full time starter and I'm OK with Joe Burns and Shaud Williams backing him up.

I don't think I'd do it, even for a 1st rounder.  Although the angry mob on the board has begun the "kill Travis" chant, everyone seems to have conveniantly forgotten that this guy was the best player on the team up until this year.

159385[/snapback]

Since his impressive 2 year yardage total, Travis not only has done nothing right, he has suffered 2 serious injuries to boot.

This season, he could not block, ran wrong patterns, dropped passes and slid on his ass on crucial plays. First round pick, huh?

Imo, aside from being an incomplete player, he should take Kevin Gilbride to dinner once a week, because he owes much of his yardage to him. Defenders were flying past our OL (unobstructed mind you) trying to kill Bledsoe. Henry would get the handoff, build a head of steam, and was effective in this sense.

If the Bills can grab a 5th or 6th round pick, they would be doing well. Marshall Faulk went for a 2nd and a 5th. Corey Dillon cost a 2nd. These are great back who play a complete game.

A first round pick for Henry? As much as I wish it were true, it is pure fantasy.

The Bills are in a good situation with TH. They have him on the roster for a fairly low salary for the next year and he would be a decent back up. If they do try to move him, getting a 2nd should be what their looking for, though possibly a combination of this years 3rd from someone and maybe a 5th the following year would be acceptable. I wonder if it's possible that a team might be willing to swap a player for TH. I'm sure there are a few players out there that would like out of their current situations, maybe someone that doesn't like the way their current deal is structured, and could be shipped to the Bills with knowing that they would rework their deal.

A few have said TH is a "negative" and a "pouter" this season. Every quote I've heard and read from him since WM started has been positive. Now neither you or I would be too terribly happy with having our playing time cut or eliminated, and I imagine TH feels the same, but I think it's something of a leap to say his attitude is in the toilet.

I'm not saying he's a saint - I'm just curious how we're reaching those conclusions about his attitude.