What's the least you would take

KurtGodel77

How small would the best offer have to be before you decided just to keep this guy on the team?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. How small would the best offer have to be before you decided just to keep this guy on the team?

• I wouldn't trade Travis at all
    • Either I get a first round pick, or there is no trade
    • I need at least a second rounder to trade him away
    • I need at least a third round pick or he stays with the team
    • I need at least a fourth round pick or he stays
    • I need at least a fifth round pick
    • I'd trade him away for anything I can get

A few have said TH is a "negative" and a "pouter" this season.  Every quote I've heard and read from him since WM started has been positive.  Now neither you or I would be too terribly happy with having our playing time cut or eliminated, and I imagine TH feels the same, but I think it's something of a leap to say his attitude is in the toilet. 

I'm not saying he's a saint - I'm just curious how we're reaching those conclusions about his attitude.

159466[/snapback]

Because he, his mom, and his agent all said that he is the starter and if the Bills feel otherwise and want Mcgahee to start (which he is), that Travis wanted out. He said he expected the Bills to cut or trade him.

Also, once Mcgahee started, the body language from Travis has been very noticable on the sidelines. He sat there at the end of the bench, and was not congratulating Willis after TD's or participating in team celebrations after any TD.

This speaks loads. It says to me and most other folks that he feels he is no longer part of the team, and therefore is going to act as such.

Just not being a team player. He has not been vocal since the beginning of the season, but his actions are very, very loud.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he, his mom, and his agent all said that he is the starter and if the Bills feel otherwise and want Mcgahee to start (which he is), that Travis wanted out.  He said he expected the Bills to cut or trade him. 

Also, once Mcgahee started, the body language from Travis has been very noticable on the sidelines.  He sat there at the end of the bench, and was not congratulating Willis after TD's or participating in team celebrations after any TD.

This speaks loads.  It says to me and most other folks that he feels he is no longer part of the team, and therefore is going to act as such. 

Just not being a team player.  He has not been vocal since the beginning of the season, but his actions are very, very loud.

159475[/snapback]

I agree. If he were to act like a team player, then I would keep him around. Since he has decided to act like a spoiled child, then I have no trouble getting rid of him this off-season.

There is no question that he is not happy losing his starting role with the Bills. I would be worried if he were NOT upset. The problem is that he is not showing me that he is willing to do what it takes to make the TEAM better. He is only concerned with himself.

Trade him for what you can get, preferably to the NFC.

A few have said TH is a "negative" and a "pouter" this season.  Every quote I've heard and read from him since WM started has been positive.  Now neither you or I would be too terribly happy with having our playing time cut or eliminated, and I imagine TH feels the same, but I think it's something of a leap to say his attitude is in the toilet. 

I'm not saying he's a saint - I'm just curious how we're reaching those conclusions about his attitude.

159466[/snapback]

Some insider info I received.

Some insider info I received.

159486[/snapback]

The body language thing I don't buy. When's the last time JP jumped around and high-fived the O after scoring? A guy sitting on the bench wearing a coat is no big deal to me, and even if he's not happy, that's a far cry from being disruptive.

That said, if you believe the source of the inside info enough to post it, I'll believe it too.

If you can't get a second rounder (or at least a high third) then keep him. Backs get hurt, there are sophomore slumps, and he could contribute. The two broken legs might make him a little bit more of a risk. If not for that he would be one of the five top backs actually available in free agency. I would not be at all surprised if we kept him as a backup.

The least I'd accept in a trade for Travis Henry is a kicking tee, a roll of tape and a football (new in the box).

159613[/snapback]

I'll give the tee, tape and football. Only it's not in the box, but it's "like new". We threw it for about twenty minutes before the game. Deal?

"I need at least a second rounder to trade him away"

is winning????

Holy hell people.

If you think we can get a 2nd rounder for him now, when even BEFORE his latest broken bone that was questionable, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

159621[/snapback]

Read the thread again. One poster doesn't totally rule out Miami handing us a top 5 pick in the first round.

There are going to be literally hundreds of "TD Sucks" and "We Got Screwed" posts when and if we get a 5th or a 6th round pick for Travis.

It's really very simple people. If Henry stays, it will be his last season here. If someone offer a 2nd, 3rd at the lowest, you take it because that draft pick will probably be here for 4-5 years. We ain't getting a 1st crackheads, and we ain't trading him for a 5th or 6th so we can draft some 5th string CB. 2nd or 3rd, he's gone, anything lower he stays. Now that this is cleared up let's go kick the s*** out of Cinci!!!!!!!!!!

I'm looking to find out how much people think Travis can contribute to the team next year.

159373[/snapback]

No way you trade him to the Dolphins unless they offered Jason Taylor. A second rounder is the minimum, and anything less would be unreasonable. Travis is still a player in this league that can produce. The Vikings could use a guy like this.

I cannot vote because what I would do is not one of the choices

I would consider swapping picks in rd 3 or 4 (i.e. move up) and then get a conditional 2006 choice for him.

159434[/snapback]

A lot of variables there. A swap with with a club picking 1-2-3 etc. in the 3rd vs. a swap with a team picking 25, 26 31 etc. in rnd 3 are different animals.

The conditions of the '06 pick would hinge on that.

No way you trade him to the Dolphins unless they offered Jason Taylor.  A second rounder is the minimum, and anything less would be unreasonable.  Travis is still a player in this league that can produce.  The Vikings could use a guy like this.

159948[/snapback]

Let's say you trade Travis to the Dolphins for their second-rounder. If they hadn't made that trade, they'd have used that second rounder on a RB. A RB who might well have turned out to be better than Travis will be going forward. So I don't see how refusing to trade with the Dolphins hurts them. I say we take the best available offer for him, as long as we at least get a third round pick. He will only be here one more year anyway if we don't trade him.

I cannot vote because what I would do is not one of the choices

I would consider swapping picks in rd 3 or 4 (i.e. move up) and then get a conditional 2006 choice for him.

159434[/snapback]

I like this idea. We could probably get more out of trading him away if the pick is conditional.

Because he, his mom, and his agent all said that he is the starter and if the Bills feel otherwise and want Mcgahee to start (which he is), that Travis wanted out.  He said he expected the Bills to cut or trade him. 

Also, once Mcgahee started, the body language from Travis has been very noticable on the sidelines.  He sat there at the end of the bench, and was not congratulating Willis after TD's or participating in team celebrations after any TD.

This speaks loads.  It says to me and most other folks that he feels he is no longer part of the team, and therefore is going to act as such. 

Just not being a team player.  He has not been vocal since the beginning of the season, but his actions are very, very loud.

159475[/snapback]

Also, based on his level of play this year, I'd say that some part of him had given up. Whatever good people saw in his play over the last few years, I just didn't see it this year.

Guest Travis Henry's Mom

since i refuse to register, i cant vote... huh? just like the government!

regardless, i'd trade him to anyone but miami for a 4th rounder or better

Shaud Williams can be a good change of pace back, when you look at how many times we ran McGahee in the beginning of the season it doesnt look like we require a guy who is going to have to carry it 10-12 times. We need someone who is going to run it 3 times, maybe.

Of course its always good to have a good back up in case of injury. But I dont think Henry is going to be happy sitting until there's an injury. Plus, next year is his last year of his contract so we might as well get SOMETHING for him while we can.