I Know PPP is Largely Conservative Now

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you believe that the human is an immortal alien spiritual being, otherwise known as a Thetan and its trapped on planet Earth in a physical body.

Dang, you're full of good ones today Gene'o. :lol: :lol:

There's as much proof for his as there is for any of the others. :P

Oh yes, it MUCH more ridiculous.

O RLY?

There's as much proof for his as there is for any of the others. :P

Well, if that's your standard...Jews exist, and there's archeological evidence of some of the things mentioned in the Bible.

So Christianity's at least two up on Scientology.

It's not much more ridiculous than receiving eternal "salvation" for ritualistically consuming the flesh and blood of a zombie.

Geesh, if you're going to mock it you should at least get it right. It's not just the flesh and blood but is the total sum of Christ within each piece.

Each receives Christ the Lord, and He is entire in each portion. He is not diminished by being given to many, but gives Himself whole and entire to each

Geesh, if you're going to mock it you should at least get it right. It's not just the flesh and blood but is the total sum of Christ within each piece.

Forgive me, I was speaking based on the one communion service I've been to.

Well seeing Christianity is based on a real documented person and Scientology is based on an alien I think it's safe to say that it a lot more ridiculous.

A real documented person who rose from the dead? The zombie thing is hysterical! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1CWBKRWIg0

Incidentally, James, for someone who claims to be a non-believer, you sure do seem to enjoy apologizing for Christianity. :ph34r:

Edited by Gene Frenkle

A real documented person who rose from the dead? The zombie thing is hysterical! :lol:

youtube.com/watch?v=e1CWBKRWIg0

Incidentally, James, for someone who claims to be a non-believer, you sure do seem to enjoy apologizing for Christianity. :ph34r:

I didn't say anything about him rising from the dead. And the reason I "apoligize" for them is I tend to like them more than people such as yourself. You don't have to believe in god to believe in the message that Christians put out. You focus on the negative, I focus on the postive.

That video's been posted here before. And debunked as absolute crap.

Link?

I didn't say anything about him rising from the dead. And the reason I "apoligize" for them is I tend to like them more than people such as yourself. You don't have to believe in god to believe in the message that Christians put out. You focus on the negative, I focus on the postive.

I'm obviously more interested in the truth than being liked. We'll see what Tom comes up with.

Missing. Did a quick search, couldn't find it.

In fact, I think it was posted by you the first time.

I've been searching Google and I can't find anything from a decent source. All the attempted debunkings of the "Zeitgeist Hypothesis" seem to be extremely defensive and convoluted arguments from pro-Christian sites - not exactly the most objective sources. If there was a solid debunking anywhere, I'd expect to see it on snopes or some such site which doesn't have a direct conflict of interest.

I'm very interested in seeing this video debunked: a challenge to all you good Christians out there.

This is turning into my favorite thread ever! :lol:

Link?

I'm obviously more interested in the truth than being liked. We'll see what Tom comes up with.

I'm more interested in people that talk about doing the right thing. Who cares about the truth. It's the general message that I look at. Most of the religious people I know are great people and most of that comes from their faith. Once again you focus on the negative and I really stay away from those types of people.

I'm more interested in people that talk about doing the right thing. Who cares about the truth. It's the general message that I look at. Most of the religious people I know are great people and most of that comes from their faith. Once again you focus on the negative and I really stay away from those types of people.

Dude, whatever. Believe it or not, I have no interest in talking about the subjective good that comes with religion.

Lots of people care about the truth, even if you find it unimportant. Very little is more important IMO, so the answer to your question is: Gene Frenkle. :)

(I feel like T.O. referring to my fake name in the 3rd person)

I've been searching Google and I can't find anything from a decent source. All the attempted debunkings of the "Zeitgeist Hypothesis" seem to be extremely defensive and convoluted arguments from pro-Christian sites - not exactly the most objective sources. If there was a solid debunking anywhere, I'd expect to see it on snopes or some such site which doesn't have a direct conflict of interest.

I'm very interested in seeing this video debunked: a challenge to all you good Christians out there.

This is turning into my favorite thread ever! :lol:

couldn't view it but i expect it was about commonalities in religious "myths". this is discussed ad nauseum in any 100 level comparative religion course. so what? is it surprising that people over the ages have found similar ways to explain observed phenomena that they can't explain. some might contend that this argues for the validity of the myths. we may all be talking about the same entities but with different names.

what i don't understand is how atheists explain these phenomena..what do they think of when they look at a single galaxy like andromeda millions of light years away and wonder how it and the uncounted, possibly endless other galaxies got there? or how the first bit of matter was created? or ponder the concept of infinity especially in regards to the universe and wonder how such a thing can exist. or watch a living creature die and witness an instantaneous transformation in the appearance of the now inanimate object that seems above and beyond what simple biology and physiology would predict. do they just not try or just not ever consider such things?

couldn't view it but i expect it was about commonalities in religious "myths". this is discussed ad nauseum in any 100 level comparative religion course. so what? is it surprising that people over the ages have found similar ways to explain observed phenomena that they can't explain. some might contend that this argues for the validity of the myths. we may all be talking about the same entities but with different names.

what i don't understand is how atheists explain these phenomena..what do they think of when they look at a single galaxy like andromeda millions of light years away and wonder how it and the uncounted, possibly endless other galaxies got there? or how the first bit of matter was created? or ponder the concept of infinity especially in regards to the universe and wonder how such a thing can exist. or watch a living creature die and witness an instantaneous transformation in the appearance of the now inanimate object that seems above and beyond what simple biology and physiology would predict. do they just not try or just not ever consider such things?

Are you serious? Am I in the Twilight Zone today? Has April 1st come early this year?

Atheists, scientists and other non-magical-thinking groups of people are VERY interested in finding REAL answers to the questions you're talking about. In fact, now that you mentioned it, CERN scientists are researching exactly how the first bit of matter was created as we "speak". When the Higgs Boson is found, you can cross that one off your list. Do some reading on the Big Bang, and you'll have an idea of "how all the galaxies got there". Math will tell you a lot more about the concept of infinity that your intuition ever will. Finally, I'm pretty sure Google can tell you all you want to know about what EXACTLY happens to living creature's body when it dies.

While you're content to mindlessly wonder at the mysteries of the Universe as you stare into the night sky, real people are finding answers to these mysteries with no need for magical explanations.

What I never understood is why religious people feel absolutely compelled to imbue natural phenomena with intent.

Because that's really what you're talking about. Not how galaxies came to be - that's not that difficult to explain. But why...?

Are you serious? Am I in the Twilight Zone today? Has April 1st come early this year?

Atheists, scientists and other non-magical-thinking groups of people are VERY interested in finding REAL answers to the questions you're talking about. In fact, now that you mentioned it, CERN scientists are researching exactly how the first bit of matter was created as we "speak". When the Higgs Boson is found, you can cross that one off your list. Do some reading on the Big Bang, and you'll have an idea of "how all the galaxies got there". Math will tell you a lot more about the concept of infinity that your intuition ever will. Finally, I'm pretty sure Google can tell you all you want to know about what EXACTLY happens to living creature's body when it dies.

While you're content to mindlessly wonder at the mysteries of the Universe as you stare into the night sky, real people are finding answers to these mysteries with no need for magical explanations.

you've got to be kidding. even the most arrogant scientist would admit that the solution to these questions are no where near being solved. hell we can't even produce man made energy much less explain the mysteries of the universe. but keep telling yourself how smart we are while we kill each other over oil because we haven't yet figured out how to make a decent battery much less do cold fusion.

you've got to be kidding. even the most arrogant scientist would admit that the solution to these questions are no where near being solved. hell we can't even produce man made energy much less explain the mysteries of the universe. but keep telling yourself how smart we are while we kill each other over oil because we haven't yet figured out how to make a decent battery much less do cold fusion.

Friends don't let friends post drunk. Really? "Cold fusion?" Really? :lol:

BTW...degrees in astronomy and physics here. I actually do know that the current state of theiroes and observations on how galaxies formed is pretty damned good.

PPP is out of its mind today. The Strawmen are coming, the Strawmen are coming!

Specifically, what questions are you talking about? Ever heard of the Hoover Dam? Ever heard of lithium-ion batteries? WTF does cold fusion have to do with any of this?

This is such a waste of time, but it's like a train-wreck...

Friends don't let friends post drunk. Really? "Cold fusion?" Really? :lol:

BTW...degrees in astronomy and physics here. I actually do know that the current state of theiroes and observations on how galaxies formed is pretty damned good.

But even PPP's most arrogant poster would never admit that the solutions to these questions are anywhere near being solved! :lol:

but keep telling yourself how smart we are while we kill each other over oil because we haven't yet figured out how to make a decent battery much less do cold fusion.

Thank goodness we're smart enough to predict the climate changes for the next several hundred years.

PPP is out of its mind today. The Strawmen are coming, the Strawmen are coming!

Specifically, what questions are you talking about? Ever heard of the Hoover Dam? Ever heard of lithium-ion batteries? WTF does cold fusion have to do with any of this?

This is such a waste of time, but it's like a train-wreck...

But even PPP's most arrogant poster would never admit that the solutions to these questions are anywhere near being solved! :lol:

lithium ion batteries are going to free us from oil dependence? the Volt can go 35 miles on a charge...impressive. and where are the solutions on the atomic level? current nuclear energy techniques haven't freed us. the world has plenty of problems that the finest scientists in the history of the world have failed to solve and really don't appear close. and the understanding of the creation of the universe is a bit more complex than these problems. but if you know different you could be rich pretty soon shorting oil stocks. maybe you should enter the day trading game.

lithium ion batteries are going to free us from oil dependence? the Volt can go 35 miles on a charge...impressive. and where are the solutions on the atomic level? current nuclear energy techniques haven't freed us. the world has plenty of problems that the finest scientists in the history of the world have failed to solve and really don't appear close. and the understanding of the creation of the universe is a bit more complex than these problems. but if you know different you could be rich pretty soon shorting oil stocks. maybe you should enter the day trading game.

Yes, technology never improves. Batteries today are no better than batteries from 10 years ago. :rolleyes:

Do you understand what a strawman argument is and why it may not be a valid vehicle for proving your obviously emotional point?

Edited by Gene Frenkle

Yeah...well, in Gene's defense, birddog is doing a great conner imitation, so I wouldn't necessarily lump the two together.

It's the first thing that came to mind, plus deep down, I believe I was waiting for the opporunity to say that.