How much?

Bills99999

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. If you can no longer use a standard scale to weigh yourself.... you're weight might be getting out of control.

You must ask yourself who sets those "standards". Is it the scale industry? Are they doctors? I don't think so

Those 350 lb scales have been around for years. It's time for a change

You must ask yourself who sets those "standards". Is it the scale industry? Are they doctors? I don't think so

Those 350 lb scales have been around for years. It's time for a change

Why? Because morbid obesity is now healthier than it used to be or just more fashionable?

Current: 5'9" 157

Highest: 193 (decided to get fit by exercising & eating right, magic right?)

The other day, while waiting to board a flight, I looked around at my fellow passengers and decided that I would back a move by the airline industry to charge by the pound.

The other day, while waiting to board a flight, I looked around at my fellow passengers and decided that I would back a move by the airline industry to charge by the pound.

When I moved to San Francisco I was surprised how thin everyone is. There are virtually no fat people in the city. So I decided to join them and dropped 25 lbs. Was pretty damn easy. Did it without exercising. Went down south to Orange county were all the "beautiful" people are. No Jim...that's where all the fat people are. Incredible.

Why? Because morbid obesity is now healthier than it used to be or just more fashionable?

I never liked that term morbid obesity because I think it is incorrect. I have been over 350 for at least 10 years and I am 53 years old. Thanks to lucky genetics, my BP is slightly elevated, my cholesterol is 142, my triglycerides are low, and I am not even close to being diabetic.

I will admit my knees are sore sometimes, and my back used to hurt when I was near the quarter-ton mark, but it is fine now.

I laugh at these people who say you are putting a strain on your heart Oh, really? Arent marathon runners also putting a strain on their hearts?

Explain to me the physiological difference between putting a strain on your heart through "morbid obesity" and intense physical exertion, which is thought to improve health and prolong life. My body is in a constant state of exercise.

I would love to sit next to a little guy like you on an airplane. Last time I flew, I was next to this guy who was about 220 and he used the part of his seat that I usually use. Very cramped flight.

Edited by Bills99999

Anyone here thing BILLS99999 is yanking our chains? As a fat guy (not as fat as BILLS99999) I feel empathy for him, if all of what he says is true...if not, screw you!

Yep

But for the record:

High-256

Currently-159

I am 5'11". I lost from 256 to 200, creeped back up to 225 over a long period and then dropped 66 pounds. My weight has been stable for 6 months, maybe a bit more.

Edit- After looking at those numbers I am tempted to drop 3 more...

Edited by Booster4324

Anyone here thing BILLS99999 is yanking our chains? As a fat guy (not as fat as BILLS99999) I feel empathy for him, if all of what he says is true...if not, screw you!

No, I swear I really do weigh that much

I went to a tailgate for the Bills opener against the Vikings a while back (1997 I think) and some regular posters saw me when I was only about 350.

Him saying he is 6'1" and 425 and only wanting to lose 30 lbs. is a red flag. Who'd be fine with 6'1" and 395?

Yep

But for the record:

High-256

Currently-159

I am 5'11". I lost from 256 to 200, creeped back up to 225 over a long period and then dropped 66 pounds. My weight has been stable for 6 months, maybe a bit more.

Holy crap - how'd you lose almost 40% of your body weight?

Holy crap - how'd you lose almost 40% of your body weight?

Changed my diet and way of eating. Funny thing is I gain weight very proportionately and I am barrel chested. So while I looked fat with a big gut, most wouldn't have classified me as obese even though I was. I have had several big weight losses from to start to finish

of a diet. My best being the sixty-six pounds. The key is keeping it off and for me that required a change in the way I eat. Basically more fruit, chicken, fish, smaller portions and eating more frequently. I splurge once or twice a week on say a burger or steak. I actually have a high metabolism, I just ate too much. :oops:

I never liked that term “morbid obesity” because I think it is incorrect. I have been over 350 for at least 10 years and I am 53 years old. Thanks to lucky genetics, my BP is slightly elevated, my cholesterol is 142, my triglycerides are low, and I am not even close to being diabetic.

I will admit my knees are sore sometimes, and my back used to hurt when I was near the quarter-ton mark, but it is fine now.

I laugh at these people who say “you are putting a strain on your heart” Oh, really? Aren’t marathon runners also “putting a strain on their hearts”?

Explain to me the physiological difference between “putting a strain on your heart” through "morbid obesity" and intense physical exertion, which is thought to improve health and prolong life. My body is in a constant state of exercise.

Sounds to me like you need to gain a little more weight then.

Yep

But for the record:

High-256

Currently-159

159?? Jesus dude, throw in a steak or some cheesecake. BTW I was about 200 and I'm 175 now. Have kept it off for nearly a year.

One time I wrote a suggestion that they install an elevator because I would get out of breath when I went upstairs to use the treadmill. The idiot actually responded that he would review my request during the next budget cycle

Was this the entrance to your fitness center?

http://yoga108.org/images/blog/2006/fitness_escalator.jpg

I can never understand how someone could let themselves get that fat.

by overating and eating everything in sight.

duh!

I think the concept of monitoring your weight is supposed to kick in somewhere before you get to 350.

scales break at 351. they are not meant for fat people.

scales are for the skinny to tell the people how fit they are. (i like these types of folks if for at least one reason. THEY WONT BREAK MY FREAKING SCALE!!!)

No, I swear I really do weigh that much

I went to a tailgate for the Bills opener against the Vikings a while back (1997 I think) and some regular posters saw me when I was only about 350.

I didnt know they allowed beds in the stadium?

Him saying he is 6'1" and 425 and only wanting to lose 30 lbs. is a red flag. Who'd be fine with 6'1" and 395?

OK, I see your point

I'll set my new goal at 375

I'm am talking a 118 lb weight loss here. When you have carried 493, your lower body get tremendously strong as well as your abs and your triceps from "dipping" yourself out of chairs and off the toilet. My biceps and lats are also very strong from pulling myself out of my car I will be able to dance on my toes like a ballerina at 375....maybe even dunk a basketball...

by overating and eating everything in sight.

duh!

scales break at 351. they are not meant for fat people.

scales are for the skinny to tell the people how fit they are. (i like these types of folks if for at least one reason. THEY WONT BREAK MY FREAKING SCALE!!!)

I didnt know they allowed beds in the stadium?

I am far from bed-ridden. I walk at least two miles every day and do my own yard work.

She was 90 lbs on our wedding day

Thirty years later she is about a duece-and-a-quarter

I was only 280 on our wedding day and 425 now.

Whenever she gets on me about being fat, I remind her that SHE is the one who more than doubled her weight, not me