1. OLB Robert Quinn 6'5" 268

2. DE Christian Ballard 6'4" 288

3. TE Luke Stocker 6'5" 253

4. ROT Chris Hairston 6'7" 325

4. NT Kendrick Ellis 6'5" 340

5. QB Pat Devlan (ugh, guy is horrible)

6. ILB Mario Harvey 6'0" 250

7. CB Anthony Gaitor 5'10" 178

My picks; I reached according to the rankings but these are guys that I really liked and will be great pros regardless of where they are picked.

1. OLB Robert Quinn 6'5" 268 (Julius Peppers but faster, quicker, stronger)

2. OLB Brooks Reed 6'3" 257 (Clay Matthews 2.0)

3. SILB Colin McCarthy 6'1" 235 ( smashing machine despite size)

4. QB Colin Kaerpernick 6'5" 225 (Franchise in training)

4. NT Kendrick Ellis 6'5" 340 (beast, space eater)

5. TE Lee Smith 6'6" 269 (Strong blocker and surprising hands)

6. OG Zach Hurd 6'7" 323 (can play tackle)

7. CB Josh Thomas 5'10" 196 (good third corner)

There are just a couple of picks in there I would rather see used on free agents and open up for other guys......

There was another NT at the senior bowl I would love to have in the 2nd.....and i would like to et QB Dalton in the 3rd....get a OL and TE in free agency.

Love Robert Quinn....I think he would be HUGE for this team

-I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't think we draft Quinn at #3. There's no way we draft him if guys like Bowers, Green, Peterson, and Dareus are still on the board.

-That's the wrong Christian in the 2nd round. That's supposed to say Ponder, not Ballard.

-Stocker is a really good pick.

-Kendrick Ellis is one big boy.

-I really really like Mario Harvey in the 6th. The guy is just a tough football player who gets overlooked because he doesn't have ideal size. Plays bigger than he is. Reminds me of a James Harrison type of player.

Here's my early mock draft assuming Fairley and Bowers are taken 1 & 2. However, if 1 & 2 is Fairley & Peterson, then I think Bowers would be the pick (which I'm not a huge fan of). Obviously players can shift and may move up or down in the several weeks leading up to the draft.

1. Patrick Peterson 6'1 211 FS

2. Christian Ponder 6'3 227 QB

3. Luke Stocker 6'6 253 TE

4. Marcus Gilbert 6'6 329 OT

4. Casey Matthews 6'2 235 LB

5. Greg Romeus (Wannstache loves this guy) 6'5 270 DE

6. Mario Harvey 6'0 250 LB

7. Mario Butler 6'0 183 CB

Edited by Bangarang

I know he has a lot of question marks sine he didn't see the field last year, but the more I look into Quinn, the higher he moves on my wish list. I'd take him over Miller.

But it's still early. I don't know much about the prospects over all.

I like your picks.

But

Would you rather have Brooks Reed or Mark Herzlich, because he was still on the board in RD2. Corey Liuget was also in play, and I'd have to think long and hard about a 4-3 that had Troup and Liuget inside.

-I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't think we draft Quinn at #3. There's no way we draft him if guys like Bowers, Green, Peterson, and Dareus are still on the board.

You're probably right of course, and like I said earlier, I'm not a draft expert by any means, but if Quinn puts up the kind of numbers at the combine he's expected to, he will leap frog right up into the mix in the top five.

I like your picks.

But

Would you rather have Brooks Reed or Mark Herzlich, because he was still on the board in RD2. Corey Liuget was also in play, and I'd have to think long and hard about a 4-3 that had Troup and Liuget inside.

WGR55's self-designated draft guru has an interesting take on the first two picks. I like the second round pick better than the first. However, I understand his first round pick. The Maybin fiasco continues to have a repercussion as to how we might approach the upcoming draft. I strongly believe that we need to come out of this draft with a legitimate franchise qb prospect. So I consider Ponder a good "sleeper" pick.

I have always liked Buscaglia's take on an upcoming draft. I don't always agree with it but it is usually reasonably thought out.

http://www.wgr550.com/BUSCAGLIA--NFL-Mock-Draft--2/9147321

Either my browser is messed up, or the WGR website is one of the worst creations on the internet.

I'm not sure what the source of your problem is but it works for me. If you can't get it up (not getting personal/ :oops: LOL) then go to WGR555.com and you can directly bring up his draft selections from there. Buscaglia is currently predicting that the Bills will take LB Miller in the first round and Ponder in the second round.

I've seen a lot of mock drafts already and am amazed. There is so much that can happen between now and draft day that predicting any picks in the draft before even the combine is IMO, pointless. Draft philosophies and approaches are what I am interested in discussing and I believe the Bills need to draft defensive beasts and best available impact players, in that order, according to who's available and what they're abilities and rankings are at the time of the draft. Let's keep our fingers crossed that the new guys are better at player evaluation than the last few regimes.

I like your picks.

But

brooks, thought about Herz but Brooks is better and so is McCarthy.

Draftek

1. OLB Robert Quinn 6'5" 268

2. DE Christian Ballard 6'4" 288

3. TE Luke Stocker 6'5" 253

4. ROT Chris Hairston 6'7" 325

4. NT Kendrick Ellis 6'5" 340

5. QB Pat Devlan (ugh, guy is horrible)

6. ILB Mario Harvey 6'0" 250

7. CB Anthony Gaitor 5'10" 178

My picks; I reached according to the rankings but these are guys that I really liked and will be great pros regardless of where they are picked.

1. OLB Robert Quinn 6'5" 268 (Julius Peppers but faster, quicker, stronger)

2. OLB Brooks Reed 6'3" 257 (Clay Matthews 2.0)

3. SILB Colin McCarthy 6'1" 235 ( smashing machine despite size)

4. QB Colin Kaerpernick 6'5" 225 (Franchise in training)

4. NT Kendrick Ellis 6'5" 340 (beast, space eater)

5. TE Lee Smith 6'6" 269 (Strong blocker and surprising hands)

6. OG Zach Hurd 6'7" 323 (can play tackle)

7. CB Josh Thomas 5'10" 196 (good third corner)

:doh:

Other than stocker in the 3rd, not too bad....although I would not put anything past a team with such great need, I like your picks though, good homework!!...........GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by hooper

:doh:

yeah if we pick Stanzi in the third the Bills are complete morons. We need a QB who can play and has talent, Stanzi wont even make it in the league let alone be a backup which we already have three of those.

Oh yeah, Bowers can not play OLB and is overrated, you should have really watched some games before think some one is the next great thing.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Great speed off the edge....great first step.....I'm in Maybin Hell all over again. Miller may look like a man against college OT's but the NFL will handled him like they do AM. Christ, let's get some size. Dareus or Quinn would be great additions to our front seven. I don't want to see little LB's like Vonn MIller and Casey Matthews. I don't give a #@&!+ how fast they are.