Bowers

NoSaint

He seems to be the least talked about - anyone see a lot of him? I haven't but worry that he has high bust potential- just a worry.

Just odd that we have dareus, fairley, Peterson, green, miller threads regularly and bowers has gone undiscussed comparatively

It just seems a little fishy he went from 3 sacks to 16 sacks

It rubs me funny too. Did playing time go up? Get bigger? Faster? New moves? Stop taking plays off? Easier schedule? I truly saw only some this year and nearly nothing last year. Can anyone help account for the jump? Just odd he went from 3 sacks to a guy that few think will fall to a third pick in just one year.

Add to that the lack of talk about him not just here but in general, even though he is top 2-3 everywhere... Just odd. I'd like to get more familiar.

I've heard he's pretty much a 43 end, but some say he could play in the 34- realistic opinions?

He seems to be the least talked about - anyone see a lot of him? I haven't but worry that he has high bust potential- just a worry.

Just odd that we have dareus, fairley, Peterson, green, miller threads regularly and bowers has gone undiscussed comparatively

Bowers is overrated, was not impressed with him at all, slow off the snap, stands strait up, tight hips, takes plays off, not a high motor guy.

It rubs me funny too. Did playing time go up? Get bigger? Faster? New moves? Stop taking plays off? Easier schedule? I truly saw only some this year and nearly nothing last year. Can anyone help account for the jump? Just odd he went from 3 sacks to a guy that few think will fall to a third pick in just one year.

Add to that the lack of talk about him not just here but in general, even though he is top 2-3 everywhere... Just odd. I'd like to get more familiar.

I've heard he's pretty much a 43 end, but some say he could play in the 34- realistic opinions?

No in the world he can play 34 OLB, Too slow too tight.

I've seen a reasonable amoutn of him down here in ACC country, and i'm impressed by what i saw. (I'm of the mind we can't go wrong with fairley/dareus/bowers/miller at #3) The guy's got the continuous hustle to go after plays, and often times blows things up in the backfield.

I can't answer why the sack totals jump, but this year at Clemson, he recorded a sack in 11 of their 13 games. So its not like he piled up all his sacks against garbage opponents. One thing to consider is that these guys are young, and there are times that guys don't blossom until later on in their collegiate career when "the light goes on." Rarely do players dominate for all 3 years at the collegiate level. Even fairley didn't do much in 2009.

Bowers is also listed at 280, so if he's anywhere around that, it's big enough to play 3-4 end.

I actually read that he got smaller, lost like 20 lbs and recommited to football after the death of his father. But also makes you wonder where the commitment was from the #1 HS recruit the first two years of his college career.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1619548

Bowers is overrated, was not impressed with him at all, slow off the snap, stands strait up, tight hips, takes plays off, not a high motor guy.

No in the world he can play 34 OLB, Too slow too tight.

I would counter your report by saying he's extremely explosive off the line, multiple rush moves, and is very consistent (not putting up huge numbers in a couple of games to inflate his numbers.)

Edited by stony

Kinda funny that Nick Fairley went up from 1.5 to 11.5 sacks. Fishy :rolleyes:

Weird how people question that about him too.... It doesn't worry you at all? I think it's especially hard for a young DT to dominate at 18-19 as he's still got to get a lot stronger. On the outside you can lean on speed a little bit more.

Just seems worth noting. This is a pretty massive jump in one year. If it was a matter of getting back to 100% physically and mental as some have suggested - it would make sense. Following that thread, has he been at a high level all year? Take any plays off? I love that his sacks weren't bunched against schools with 2 directions and a state in their name. As much as it means something to beat the lower talent at northwestern Alabama state college, I want to see him beat guys on top 25 teams also. He doesn't have to win every day, but it sounds like he did most last year.

Consistent pressure too? Regardless of blocking scheme? Or was he often just taking advantage of flubs when the OT screwed it and he was only chipped by a TE/RB?

Weird how people question that about him too.... It doesn't worry you at all? I think it's especially hard for a young DT to dominate at 18-19 as he's still got to get a lot stronger. On the outside you can lean on speed a little bit more.

Just seems worth noting. This is a pretty massive jump in one year. If it was a matter of getting back to 100% physically and mental as some have suggested - it would make sense. Following that thread, has he been at a high level all year? Take any plays off? I love that his sacks weren't bunched against schools with 2 directions and a state in their name. As much as it means something to beat the lower talent at northwestern Alabama state college, I want to see him beat guys on top 25 teams also. He doesn't have to win every day, but it sounds like he did most last year.

Consistent pressure too? Regardless of blocking scheme? Or was he often just taking advantage of flubs when the OT screwed it and he was only chipped by a TE/RB?

Bowers terrorized us (FSU) this season in a close 16-13 loss. He was all over the field. The only reason we won that game is because Clemson's offense had the ball in the red zone 5 times and came away with 3 points. That and we kicked a 55 yd FG as time expired.