ATDHE.net and channelsurfing.net seized by government

Fezmid

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm honestly SHOCKED it took this long. Blatant copyright infringement. They almost celebrated it.

the land of the free :rolleyes:

Here we go... Yeah, it's TERRIBLE of the government to crack down on those who openly steal intellectual property.

Land of the Free? I hear flights to Egypt are real cheap if you're so upset.

I'm honestly SHOCKED it took this long. Blatant copyright infringement. They almost celebrated it.

Here we go... Yeah, it's TERRIBLE of the government to crack down on those who openly steal intellectual property.

this "cracking down" is a waste of resources. there's no way to stop people from streaming these events. imagine how many spinoffs this will inspire

I'm so glad the Immigration and Customs Enforcement division of the Department of Homeland Security is continuing to seize domain names.

After all, if there's one really important Immigration issue facing the US and has an affect on Homeland Security, it's domain names.

Know what's even funnier? All they can do is seize the domain name by redirecting their DNS records. ATDHE.net already has a new domain name pointed to their servers and their site continues to work fine. I'm not going to post it here, but seriously, how much money did DHS/ICE waste on this only to have it circumvented in about 5 minutes? (It's not hard to find the new domain name either, just check twitter).

Also, rojodirect.com is a Spanish site declared legal twice by Spanish courts. They, like torrentfreak.com (seized by DHS earlier this year), DO NOT host illegal content, but do have links to it.

Cept they aren't cracking down on those who openly steal intellectual property. They're just taking a couple of domain names based off of people *linking* to illegal content. And one isn't even based in the US and has been declared legal by Spanish courts (it's based out of Spain).

Edited by BlueFire

I'm so glad the Immigration and Customs Enforcement division of the Department of Homeland Security is continuing to seize domain names.

After all, if there's one really important Immigration issue facing the US and has an affect on Homeland Security, it's domain names.

Know what's even funnier? All they can do is seize the domain name by redirecting their DNS records. ATDHE.net already has a new domain name pointed to their servers and their site continues to work fine. I'm not going to post it here, but seriously, how much money did DHS/ICE waste on this only to have it circumvented in about 5 minutes? (It's not hard to find the new domain name either, just check twitter).

Also, rojodirect.com is a Spanish site declared legal twice by Spanish courts. They, like torrentfreak.com (seized by DHS earlier this year), DO NOT host illegal content, but do have links to it.

Cept they aren't cracking down on those who openly steal intellectual property. They're just taking a couple of domain names based off of people *linking* to illegal content. And one isn't even based in the US and has been declared legal by Spanish courts (it's based out of Spain).

I am watching the new domain name right now. Works fine. Am I threating homeland security?

Point of fact: the seizure was performed by the IPRCC, which is a multi-agency task force under ICE, itself a department of DHS. IPRCC includes - among other agencies - the USPTO, FDA, State, Interpol, and the RCMP.

So what does DHS have to do with copyright infringement? Nothing...except they contain a blanket coordination center that includes other people that do. :wacko: Welcome to bureaucratic stupidity run amok.

Also: it surprised me how much digging I had to do to find that out. It should not be that hard to find out what government organization is responsible for something.

Edited by DC Tom

Point of fact: the seizure was performed by the IPRCC, which is a multi-agency task force under ICE, itself a department of DHS. IPRCC includes - among other agencies - the USPTO, FDA, State, Interpol, and the RCMP.

So what does DHS have to do with copyright infringement? Nothing...except they contain a blanket coordination center that includes other people that do. :wacko: Welcome to bureaucratic stupidity run amok.

Also: it surprised me how much digging I had to do to find that out. It should not be that hard to find out what government organization is responsible for something.

O_o

That explains it, but damn thats jacked up.

O_o

That explains it, but damn thats jacked up.

Used to be that DoJ could get the warrant and pull the plug for...maybe 100k? Now, it's a multi-agency process that no doubt cost ten times as much and takes eight times as long.