AJ GREEN

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

END OF TOPIC!

You dont pass on a Play-Maker Game Breaker, i dont even see a kid like this coming out for the next several years that we may get in position to add to our roster

If we did not give up like 350 yards per game on the ground I would agree perhaps. Right now sounds a lot like the Spiller pick, and Magahee Pick, and the Evans pick, and the Lynch Pick, and the Losmann pick where we went for skill/talent choice over size and need.

If we did not give up like 350 yards per game on the ground I would agree perhaps. Right now sounds a lot like the Spiller pick, and Magahee Pick, and the Evans pick, and the Lynch Pick, and the Losmann pick where we went for skill/talent choice over size and need.

because we couldnt score, unless we can get Fairly no other defensive player is going to make an impact

WR would be the worst possible pick the Bills could make at #3. Does the name Marcus Easley ring any bells?

PTR

Easley? What's he done so far? A one year wonder at college and a training camp sensation. Maybe he is gonna be great. Maybe not? Not saying AJ Green is the right answer but, don't know why you're even bringing up Easley's name.

Word. We need DEF and we need it bad.

Easley? What's he done so far? A one year wonder at college and a training camp sensation. Maybe he is gonna be great. Maybe not? Not saying AJ Green is the right answer but, don't know why you're even bringing up Easley's name.

Easley is not the same caliber of WR as AJ GREEN

you can draft a huge play maker, and then use the following pick to sure up the defense.... The oppurtunity to get another WR with size,speed,athletic ability and hands is rare....

we can use the other pick to sure up the defense..... and our defense has hardly been healthy up front consistantly

What would upset you more the Patrick Peterson pick. Or the A.J. Green pick. These 2 ball players are widely regarded as rare talents. The 2 best ball players available in this years college draft. No one around here really seems to want them (granted ahead of time some people here would not mind). This is just a general feeling, I get from this board. As fans are we incorrect for not wanting the quick fix. Go for the fat guy where you need the absolute most help. Or do we realize the cubbard is really that bare at 1 Bills Drive and know how absoleutly crucial it is to get a special talent. The next Transformer.

I'm against going for him in principle...we have receivers but don't have linebackers offensive tackles or defensive linemen. If I had confidence that the administrative types could or will address these needs through trades and/or free agency and by concentrating the other picks of the draft on them I'd say to really look this guy over and MAYBE consider drafting him.

I would want it very clear that he is a "head and shoulders" class first round pick. I'm not sure he is that, yet.

you can draft a huge play maker, and then use the following pick to sure up the defense.... The oppurtunity to get another WR with size,speed,athletic ability and hands is rare....

we can use the other pick to sure up the defense..... and our defense has hardly been healthy up front consistantly

Nobodies disagreeing with you about Green's talent, but this year's draft class is full of d-line talent. This is where we should go with our 1st pick. WR right now isn't a necessity just like the Spiller pick last year. That was a JOKE.

I'm not saying we should pick AJ Green, but the fact remains that Marcus Easley has done nothing to this point (although i think we're ok with Evans-Stevie-Nelson-Jones-Parrish-Roosie), and the draft is more than 1 round long.

Given Buddy's draft emphasis in SD, and last year here, he tends to look for big WRs available later on in the draft, so i doubt we'll take Green at #3.

3 posts, all in this topic... EldaBillsFan must be either AJ Green's agent, or his mother. There's no way the Bills can afford to pick a WR at #3. It's arguably the strongest position on the team, and the D is atrocious.

he my cousin....im joking....i just believe if this guy is the 2nd coming of a Randy Moss... 80-100 catch, 1,1200-1300 yards, 10-15 tds ..... seasons....

you dont pass on it.... i know our defense needs work, but how name games were we even healthy this year? how many people played out of position? NO one defensive player is gonna turn this team around

I just dont think any of this guys are cornerstone defensive players....But AJ Green is a corner stone offensive player....

I like AJ Green. But how many games has Calvin Johnson won Detroit?

he my cousin....im joking....i just believe if this guy is the 2nd coming of a Randy Moss... 80-100 catch, 1,1200-1300 yards, 10-15 tds ..... seasons....

you dont pass on it.... i know our defense needs work, but how name games were we even healthy this year? how many people played out of position? NO one defensive player is gonna turn this team around

I just dont think any of this guys are cornerstone defensive players....But AJ Green is a corner stone offensive player....

I know, and just look at how many Super Bowl rings Randy Moss has.

Name ONE WR in this year's Super Bowl that was taken within the first round.

Greg Jennings? Hines Ward? Greg Jennings? Mike Wallace? James Jones? Sorry but they were all late round picks.

Green is a luxury pick which we can't afford right now. I can even see him going to Carolina and give Clausen a big target to work with.

The best available player analysis needs to account for whether you can get a comparable player in a later round. Assume AJ Green is the best WR and will get you 1500 yards and 10 TD's every year, if I can get a WR in Round 4 who can get me 900 yards and 6 TD's, then do you still take Green?

Is that analysis not also available with Dlinemen? As was stated above this is a deep draft for Dline. Also, the Bills drafted two Dlinemen with 2 of their top 3 picks last year. I think they're going either Peterson or Green.

During the season there were probably 45 different threads regarding whether Lee Evans was a #1 WR, so obviously there is a need there, with AJ there is no doubt.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson