Imagine this... The Bills in the Super Bowl

Ponder this...

We lost the AFC title game against the Bengals in '89, then Ronnie Harmon did this in '90...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OOWQxv2_M4

Now if Harmon could catch, we'da gone on the play in the title game against the Broncos in 1990.

Then there was '91-'94 - that would have made 6 consecutive AFC title games.

God, the Bills were such a great f :censored: g team back then... :cry:

Imagine the 2011 season starting late because of the lockout. A 10-game season. They miss the tougher part of their schedule. The Bills get hot and make the playoffs at 7-3 then make it to the big game.

PTR

I will put it this way, I get nerve ridden during ANY close game against decent competition (although not as much this past year because I was so surprised to see the offense put up enough points to be competetive) so if something like this were to happen, I just flat out don't know what I would do besides find as many local Bills fans in Albany as I could gather in one place just in case there is cause for a giant celebration. If they were ever to win one it has already been reserved as my "man cry" moment. And there WILL be waterworks. :thumbsup:

God, that would suck (sort of)...I remember the first year the Bills made it, Super Bowl 25...there was talk of postponing, or cancelling the Super Bowl altogether. I rmember, selfishly thinking..."God, that figures, the one year we could have won a Super Bowl, and it gets cancelled" :wallbash: If they win it, I want them to win it, with no asteriks! But, then again, I suppose winning the big game, in the strike shortened 1982 season, and then again in the strike shortened 1987 season does not dampen the spirits of Redskin fans... :rolleyes: So, I guess your scenario isn't too bad! :thumbsup:

Now I would take it, but I was thinking then that I didn't really want to win the Super Bowl those two years. They were so tainted. 82 with that tournament, and 87 having the replacement games count.

I'm not sure if my emotions are ready for the playoffs let alone the super bowl. I get bent out of shape enough just watching them play now. Can't imagine what it would be like in the post season. (I wasn't following them as closely in the glory days.)

Imagine the Bills winning the big game, on the last drive, by a FG.

Then imagine coming to TBD on Monday and listening to people (and Sully) B word because we "barely" won!

The only question for me would be where do I watch the game? Do I have a party at my place (the standard)? Do I go to the game? Do I fly back to Buffalo to watch? Hard to say, but I know this - I'll be fired up as hell to watch the boys finally take one home for Buffalo!!!

That my friend, would be poetic justice. The only way I can even imagine Buffalo winning a superbowl is by a last second field goal. The same with hockey, the only way i can envision the sabres winning a cup is in overtime

Finally, I'm not sure that a superbowl win would remove all that desapointment during the 4 losses. µI would still think what missed opportunities, the bills may have been the only one to win 4 in a row.

guess its written in stone in my heart

That my friend, would be poetic justice. The only way I can even imagine Buffalo winning a superbowl is by a last second field goal. The same with hockey, the only way i can envision the sabres winning a cup is in overtime

Regarding the Sabres, it'd have to be against Dallas with Vanek clearly standing in the goal crease as he scores the winner in triple overtime.

As for the Bills, poetic justice means signing a Cornellian off their roster (probably Kevin Booth) the reverse ' The Curse of Pete Gogolak ' - then beating them in the Superbowl with a last second field goal...

19 and 0 baby!!! B-)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Reverse the Curse!!!!! :beer:

All of us fantasize about it. The Bills back in the big game. But how many of us would be nervous as hec? I mean, seeing the Bills back in a Super Bowl would blow my mind. All of the emotions of losing 4 straight and crying my eyes out after each one....

How would you react to a win? or a loss? It's too much to take...

Sigh, ok good night

I know that the prospect of losing a 5th time was a big deal in the mid 1990's when the Bills were trying to recapture their glory days. It would mean nothing at this point. Those SB's took place a generation ago.

One thing all those trips to the SB taught me was that making it to a Super Bowl is never that far away. You just have to get in, play well and get lucky. Ask the 10 different NFC reps in the SB over the last decade.

And once you get in the game, if you get a good matchup you are golden. Ask the Steelers who lucked out with Seattle and Arizona in the SB's recently while much more dominant AFC regular season teams like the recent Pats and Colts got tougher draws and lost.

Ponder this...

We lost the AFC title game against the Bengals in '89, then Ronnie Harmon did this in '90...

youtube.com/watch?v=2OOWQxv2_M4

Now if Harmon could catch, we'da gone on the play in the title game against the Broncos in 1990.

Then there was '91-'94 - that would have made 6 consecutive AFC title games.

God, the Bills were such a great f :censored: g team back then... :cry:

I was at that game. Win or lose, it was the best damn football game I ever watched the Bills play in on the road. (And I traveled to my share of Bills road games back in the day.) The Bills played lights out (on offense, anyway), the Browns and Bernie Kosar kept matching Jimbo score for score, the atmosphere was awesome, even the Browns fans we sat around were great all around fans and there was not an idiot from Cleveland to be found. That second half was like being on a roller coaster, and neither us or the Browns fans had more then 2 mintues to sit down and take in the lead before the lead changed hands again.

It was just a great playoff game to attend, and it was amazing to watch that offense march up and down the field and come within that freakin' dropped pass by Harmon of upsetting Cleveland after that infuriating "Bickering Bills" 1989 season! I did not think of it at the time because Thurman Thomas was only in his second year and Harmon obviously played a role on that '89 offense. But looking back on it all these years later, that should have been Thurman wide open in the end zone catching that pass. Just good old fashioned Buffalo sports luck, it was too soon in his career for Marv and Ted Marchibroda to realize that Thurman Thomas would have caught that pass 100 times out of 100 attempts!!! :doh:

Imagine the 2011 season starting late because of the lockout. A 10-game season. They miss the tougher part of their schedule. The Bills get hot and make the playoffs at 7-3 then make it to the big game.

PTR

Now we're talkin' kind of the reverse of the last strike year, where the Bills came out hot, the strike happened, and the season went in the crapper because Ralph didn't care to put a good scab team on the field