Hockey Heaven

EDinRTP

Anyone coming down to Raleigh for the festivities the weekend? Lots going on!!! Hear there will be a Pat LaFontaine sighting and hoping some other former Sabres will be in attendance. Always wanted to meet Eddie Shack!

What channel is it on? What city is it in? And most importantly how many Sabres are playing in the game?

Sounds cool. I only get local TV, I can't find it on. What am I doing wrong?

Hockey doesn't matter anymore. It's on Versus.

Ok I've just watched most of the second period. Pretty stupid game.

Edited by Chef Jim

Three days of 24/7 hockey! Had a great time & ran into tons of Sabres fans. Able to meet Matthew Barnaby...he does a nice job on TV. Did some serious tailgating and drank too much. Have to believe all who attended enjoyed themselves at the FanFest, Skills Competition & game. Would definitely recommend attending if you love hockey and ever get a chance.

If you love hockey, you have to go to the game at least once. The game was great, there was no defense but you could tell the guys were out there just to have fun. I was at the skills competition Saturday and to tell you the truth, I found it pretty boring. Had a great time at the game though. Seeing a lot of former players was great, ran into Mike Bossy, Jeremy Roenick.

Other than the few idiot 'canes fans that still are pissed about the Conference finals and had to say a few things, most everyone were friendly and cool to talk some hockey to.

If you love hockey, you have to go to the game at least once. The game was great, there was no defense but you could tell the guys were out there just to have fun. I was at the skills competition Saturday and to tell you the truth, I found it pretty boring. Had a great time at the game though. Seeing a lot of former players was great, ran into Mike Bossy, Jeremy Roenick.

Other than the few idiot 'canes fans that still are pissed about the Conference finals and had to say a few things, most everyone were friendly and cool to talk some hockey to.

Uh, they won. Why would they be pissed at Buffalo? Laugh it off and point to the Cup. Can't stand the Canes, or Dallas, or any southern hockey team (though I do dig the Lightning's newly unveiled, classic-looking unis).

Also found the Skills Competition a little boring, just seemed like after the opening, production value was low and there wasn't much in the way of entertainment to keep people interested. Met Barnaby as well, he may have been hand in hand with one of the blondes from ESPN (not Erin Andrews), which was news to me.