Kerry girls booed at MTV Video awards

Pete

Actually I think they were booed because they were not naked. No doubt that the political savy crowd there fully expected that they would either kiss, bare a breast, or something else that would help thier dad get more media play. When they just acted normal they got what they deserved.........dissed by the masses. :blink:

According to two different articles the Bush girls were booed too. They appeared in video so of course they didn't have to keep smiling through the boos.

It was also stated that it wasn't clear exactly WHO was being booed at or why.

But, whatever floats your boat. Just remember when you kid comes home in tears that someone picked on him/her because you are an idiot, that you laughed when it happened to someone else's kids.

Hey politics is an ugly game and it was the Kerry daughters who chose to subject themselves to it. I particularily thought that photo of the Kerry daughters was hilarious. Its like they were so perplexed that someone could not like them or their father. MTV tried to show people clapping but I watched the awards and could clearly hear the boos by the majority. Kind of like when VH1 redid the concert for New York and edited out the boos for Hillary Clinton. Like I said if the Kerry girls were upset they got booed its their own damn fault for putting themselves on the front line. Oh yeah one more thing- please keep your shirt on Alexandra. You flashing your breasts is not gonna help your Daddy cause

I heard the clip on the radio. The Kerry girls were definitely booed. Of course this will be edited out like the boos for Hillary at the 9/11 concert.

I think that neither set of girls should have been on the show in the first place.

this really makes you guys feel better?  what a miserable waste of time.

11582[/snapback]

Actually, it's not a waste of time because it's something of a litmus test of the MTV crowd's state of mind where the election is concerned. When parts of the audience at the Academy Awards refused to appaul Elia Kazaan for his lifetime achievement award, was that a waste of time as well?

I saw the clip on TV. Some people were definitely booing, but I was not sure whether they were booing at the Kerry girls (who were there) or the Bush twins (who were on a big screen).

I don't suppose anyone on this board was there and could tell us.

I saw the 9/11 thing and heard Hillary booed as was Richard Gere.

If someone missed that then stop watching sanitized TV and catch in live.

12357[/snapback]

But all the replays and the DVD have them edited out. I guess to kiss Hildabeast's hideous butt.

roflmao, i saw that and bust out lauging :unsure:

alice cooper was right, politcs and rock n' roll don't mix.  but then again, mtv doesn't have much to do with rock n' roll anymore

11449[/snapback]

Alice Cooper and rock'n'roll have not been a good mix in about 30 years.