Packers vs. Steelers

Super Bowl XLV  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your winner?

I like the Pack. Rodgers has been playing out of his mind and can defeat a team by himself with no running game. The defenses are both good, but a slight edge to the Steelers.

The way to beat the Steelers is DO NOT RUN THE FOOTBALL. Spread offense 4-5 wr sets and let Rodgers and their excellent WR's do their magic.

The packers match up well to their defense and I believe they will be able to move the ball and could possibly win with this strategy.

Great Super Bowl match up! Definitely pulling for the Pack! Last couple of weeks have worked out as I had hoped. Jets knocked out New England. The Steelers knock out the Jets. And now the Pack can do the same to the Steelers! Hopefully the UB product can shock the world with an MVP!

snoozefest- sorta a weird year not a lot of great teams -just paper tigers, former great teams now old and need to reload. Patriots a bit a fraud with a toothless pass defense all year..Jets - good team without a good quarterback despite 2 number one receivers, a good tightend- very good line with solid running game smoothering defense etc. missing the one piece although certain o-lineman are getting old. Ravens very much like the jets but the defense is getting old fast....Colts much like the Patriots in need of some younger players on both sides....Chiefs nice story very weak schedule in a poor div- tough schedule next year and Steelers who are solid but not great by any means get to go due to well there is nobody else. In the AFC just seems odd no younger teams ready to strike and the Pats and Colts and even Ravens are getting older.

NFC some fakes like Falcons of course not only 7-9 Seattle but in a pathetic division. Bears like Chiefs nice story but a product of a weak schedule. Packers are a team that looks a year away but due to lack of descent teams guess what, your in there. Tampa might be the one up and coming team along with the Packers who could be good for a while.

Gives everyone hope knowing those playoff spots for 2011 are hardly nailed down

Edited by CardinalScotts

If it's a close game, I think Big Ben pulls out the win. He has a lot more experience than Rodgers at winning these big games.

Rodgers is a bit of a frontrunner at this point of his career. He's really good at getting hot and just blowing inferior teams away. However, a stat that will probably be mentioned some over the next couple of weeks is that Rodgers has a record of 2-13 in close games (winning margin of 4 points or fewer). It's hard not to trust Roethlisberger more in a tight game.

BUT, the Packers are very capable of winning the Super Bowl comfortably. They just match up well with the Steelers. Their multiple good receivers should cause fits for the Steelers weak secondary. GB's front 7 might do nasty things to Pittsburgh's offensive line. Even moreso if Pouncey can't play.

The way to beat the Steelers is DO NOT RUN THE FOOTBALL. Spread offense 4-5 wr sets and let Rodgers and their excellent WR's do their magic.

The packers match up well to their defense and I believe they will be able to move the ball and could possibly win with this strategy.

Along these lines, conditions will be perfect. I haven't heard if they'll close the dome, but they likely will if bad weather is forcast.

I like Green Bay in a closely contested game 24-21. Both teams have shown great character in the face of adversity this season....GB with all the injuries and the Steelers during Big Ben's 4 game suspension and shuffling OT's

QB comparison: Even

RB comparison: Edge Steelers

WR/TE comparison: Edge Packers

OL comparison: Edge Packers (even bigger if no Pouncey)

DL comparison: Even

LB comparison: Edge Steelers

DB comparison: Edge Packers

ST comparison (KR, KC, PR, PC): Even

Coaching Comparison: McCarthy HC/OC and Capers as DC vs Tomlin, Arians, and LeBeau - even

Looking forward to a Super Bowl Worthy Contest between two really good teams!!!

The Steelers will blitz all night if they go 5 wide.

Five wide is how the Patriots killed them and they will pay big time if they consistently blitz Rogers!!!

How good is Starks at picking up the Blitz? I think the Steelers are light years better than the Bears, who almost pulled off the win with a 3rd string QB.

How good is Starks at picking up the Blitz? I think the Steelers are light years better than the Bears, who almost pulled off the win with a 3rd string QB.

If Starks can't perform pass pro, you'll see Brandon Jackson in the five wide sets. The Pack will sight adjust to the Steelers Blitzing with ARodgers ultra quick release and the receivers running slants to defeat it. Like I said before....They will pay!!! Rodgers eats blitzes for lunch!!!