Rob Johnson

JPL7

does anyone remember the Nfl Network Top 10 Show that Rob Johnson was on several years ago? I want to say something like Top 10 Overpaid Players or Top 10 Free Agent Busts or something like that. Just curious. Thanks

All I know is benching Flutie for Johnson to play in the Music City Miracle game probably goes down as one of the worst decisions by Wade Phillips and a Buffalo Bills coach.

Johnson was the pre-Losman.

For awhile there, I didn't think that the Bills would ever get past the "scrambling" QB idea...

All I know is benching Flutie for Johnson to play in the Music City Miracle game probably goes down as one of the worst decisions by Wade Phillips and a Buffalo Bills coach.

For awhile there, I didn't think that the Bills would ever get past the "scrambling" QB idea...

As bad as people think that decision was, RJ actually led them back on the potential GW FG drive, you know, had the special teams unit on that KO showed just the slightest amount of discipline.

As bad as people think that decision was, RJ actually led them back on the potential GW FG drive, you know, had the special teams unit on that KO showed just the slightest amount of discipline.

I never thought that Johnson played badly in that game. He showed guts by hanging in there against a VERY good Titans defense and bringing them down the field towards the go-ahead FG.

That said, the decision to start him was one of the most head-scratching decisions I've ever seen. Flutie was the starter and clear #1 throughout the season, so to bench him in the playoff game is beyond ridiculous.

There's no excuse for the kick coverage, but Johnson was terrible; including being sacked for a safety. It probably wouldn't have come down to a final KO return if Flutie had played.

It was one of the dumbest personnel decisions in history and completely indefensible. You don't bench your starting QB all season for a completely unproven player unless your starter is too injured to walk.

Hmmm... Of course I don't know for sure anymore than you do but I suspect that that decision was forced on Wade by Ralph Wilson. Whatever his faults, one thing I recall about Wade was that he tended to speak his mind (sometimes unwisely) and I remember that prior to the switch he seemed fairly insistent that Flutie was his QB. My guess is that Wilson thought Johnson was the messiah after his strong performance in the meaningless last game against the colts and demanded he start.

I never thought that Johnson played badly in that game. He showed guts by hanging in there against a VERY good Titans defense and bringing them down the field towards the go-ahead FG.

That said, the decision to start him was one of the most head-scratching decisions I've ever seen. Flutie was the starter and clear #1 throughout the season, so to bench him in the playoff game is beyond ridiculous.

He was 10/22 for 146 yards, no touchdowns, and a pick if im not mistaken. That is NOT good!

RJ is an easy target, but he'll always have my respect. That guy wasn't a great QB, but he had a massive sack. His desire to win was huge, he just didn't have enough talent to get the job done. But I will always remember the effort the guy put in to try to help this team.

Right because there is no way Johnson could lead the Bills to the winning FG drive... Or maybe if Flutie had started, Johnson would have been relegated to ST's and his speed would have prevented the kick return.

RJ is an easy target, but he'll always have my respect. That guy wasn't a great QB, but he had a massive sack. His desire to win was huge, he just didn't have enough talent to get the job done. But I will always remember the effort the guy put in to try to help this team.

Are you serious?? You and I remember things quite differently then, bc I seem to recall the exact oppositte. JP Losman on the other hand fit that bill. I always respect JP for that. But RJ seemed to not give a crap.

He was 10/22 for 146 yards, no touchdowns, and a pick if im not mistaken. That is NOT good!

Dusty Zeigler was his left tackle that day. That offensive line lineup was absurd. Johnson did as well as could be expected against that defense with that supporting cast.

Is that what you look for in a guy??? :thumbsup:

Edited by peteski

Are you serious?? You and I remember things quite differently then, bc I seem to recall the exact oppositte. JP Losman on the other hand fit that bill. I always respect JP for that. But RJ seemed to not give a crap.

Yeah, dead serious. And I felt the same way about JP. I wanted JP to succeed here as much or more than anyone, cause I loved the way he embraced B-lo, the fans, and the team. But yeah, I felt like RJ had a few games when he truly left it all out on the field. I felt like he gave a huge effort, he just wasn't good enough to get it done. I have fun at his expense like everyone from time to time, but I really did feel as if he gave a solid effort.

Is that what you look for in a guy??? :thumbsup:

Oh, you KNOW it, sexy!