Another hypothetical - DE

So there are already a ton of "what ifs" all over this board, but hey that is what January is for when you're a Bills fan! So here is another one.

What if we could trade down to the middle of the first round and pick up some extra picks. How would you feel about Purdue DE Ryan Kerrigan? I watched him play almost every week, and the dude can influence a game. Many mock drafts have him in the #15 - #20 range. He played against solid talent in the Big 10. Sure, it's not the SEC, but it's also not the Mountain West. Just looking for some thoughts on how you would feel about him as a Bill. Below is a link for a highlight video.

I like Kerrigan a lot and think he'll be a really good player. I don't think you hear a lot about him on the board because he is expected to go in that 15-20 range. Were not going to take him at 3 and I don't think he'll be around in Rd 2. If he is there in Rd 2 I'd take him in a heartbeat, I like the him a lot.

We already have one hypothetical DE in Maybin. Why do we need another ?

The possibility of getting him was hypothetical, not him playing DE. And, this guy is way more talented than Maybin, and actually has some work ethic. You don't have to have superstar talent and ideal size to be successfull. Kyle Williams is a perfect example of that.

So there are already a ton of "what ifs" all over this board, but hey that is what January is for when you're a Bills fan! So here is another one.

What if we could trade down to the middle of the first round and pick up some extra picks. How would you feel about Purdue DE Ryan Kerrigan? I watched him play almost every week, and the dude can influence a game. Many mock drafts have him in the #15 - #20 range. He played against solid talent in the Big 10. Sure, it's not the SEC, but it's also not the Mountain West. Just looking for some thoughts on how you would feel about him as a Bill. Below is a link for a highlight video.

youtube.com/watch?v=St9j5K6STws

I posted this in the mock 3rd draft pick thread a few weeks ago but got a poor reaction

There has been a trade, the Buffalo Bills have traded their first round draft selection in the 2011 draft for the Minnesota Vikings first and second round draft selections in the 2011 draft. Buffalo has also acquired Minnesota's 3rd round pick in the 2012 draft. With the third pick in the 2011 NFL Entry draft the Vikings select Ryan Mallett, QB Arkansas.

With the twelveth pick in the 2011 NFL entry draft, the Buffalo Bills select Ryan Kerrigan, OLB/DE Purdue.

Depending what he runs at the combine it wouldn't surprise me if Kerrigan is another Aaron Schobel type. Yet if the reports of him running in the 4.85 are true then prefer him at DE than OLB and with us seemingly sticking to playing the 3-4 he might be a bad pick on scheme needs.

Edited by The Jokeman