So much for the NEED to have a "franchise QB"...

McD

So, down goes Manning, down goes Brees, down goes Flacco, down goes Vick, down goes Ryan, down goes Brady....

To all of you that think we NEED a QB at #3 this year (none worthy at #3), once again... here is a CLASSIC example of the need for a solid defense. This years defenses prove once again, that a top D is the tonic this team needs. It will give this team the attitude this team and city needs. You want to grab a QB in the third? Ok... no issues, but that better be after a selection of a DE/DT and a LB. Buddy... SOLIDIFY the D through the draft AND through FA. Don't bank on Merriman being "the man"... he's an unknown at this time. Go draft help, go pay the $$ for FA help... The O can use an RT an TE and some depth too... BUT... I hope you're paying attention this post season... D, D, D, D, D, D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, down goes Manning, down goes Brees, down goes Flacco, down goes Vick, down goes Ryan, down goes Brady....

To all of you that think we NEED a QB at #3 this year (none worthy at #3), once again... here is a CLASSIC example of the need for a solid defense. This years defenses prove once again, that a top D is the tonic this team needs. It will give this team the attitude this team and city needs. You want to grab a QB in the third? Ok... no issues, but that better be after a selection of a DE/DT and a LB. Buddy... SOLIDIFY the D through the draft AND through FA. Don't bank on Merriman being "the man"... he's an unknown at this time. Go draft help, go pay the $$ for FA help... The O can use an RT an TE and some depth too... BUT... I hope you're paying attention this post season... D, D, D, D, D, D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, Brady, Brees and Manning have not won many games (and Super Bowls) in the league...please

Yea, Brady, Brees and Manning have not won many games (and Super Bowls) in the league...please

Right... and check the defenses they beat for those rings... Brady played one real tough D that could pressure the QB and stop the run and they LOST to that NYG team.

rodgers

rothlisberger

sanchez

cutler

hmmmmmmm all first round picks. one with multiple rings. one just traded for a kings ransom last year. one selected in the top 5. one that got to sit for 3 years to learn the position after being picked in the first round.

brady, brees, manning also better then ok qbs -- so thats 7 franchise qbs referenced by your post.....

matty ice and joe flacco, both good but not great so thats 9, of probably the top 10 qbs that are in the playoffs, leaving out only rivers who did have a good D

Yeah, I guess Rodgers and Rothlessberger aren't franchise QB's.

Another clueless wonder... Rodgers is right now winning playoff games, what has he done BEFORE this year???? And, he would have been your what #4 QB?? Big deal... of course there will be some great QB's that move on, but I bet most would have thought Brady, , Manning, Brees, or Ryan would still be standing, BUT a solid D kicked their a$$...

While I agree. I'll just tell you all 4 qb's in the conference championships are 1st rd picks...just saying.

Right... GOTCHA.... GREAT point. I suppose NONE of the defensive players were first rounders.... good freaking grief!!!!!!

No Franchise QB is playing better than Rogers...Big Ben has won 2 SB's and is pretty much the definition of a franchise QB...The Bears spent a TON to get their Franchise QB...And Sanchez was a #5 Pick...

Good Post though... :huh:

How many teams even made the playoffs without franchise QBs this year? I'm waiting????

How do you define "franchise QB"?

Cassel (KC) and Hasselbeck (Sea) come to mind as two you would probably say don't have franchise QBs

Some people have questioned whether Flacco, Sanchez, and Cutler really have what it takes to be top-tier guys

Brees was considered "not good enough" with Sandy Eggo

Uhhhh....Sanchez was the 5th overall pick and had 3 TD passes today. I think the Jets would consider him a franchise QB.

Again.... my point was that Sanchez was there today because of his great D... NE's D was rated in the bottom of the league...

He's a good QB that has been helped TREMENDOUSLY by his D and his coaching staff... (didn't I already say this?)

No Franchise QB is playing better than Rogers...Big Ben has won 2 SB's and is pretty much the definition of a franchise QB...The Bears spent a TON to get their Franchise QB...And Sanchez was a #5 Pick...

Good Post though... :huh:

Rodgers is playing out of his ass... but again... for all of you who DONT GET IT... THOSE "FRANCHISE QB's" STILL PLAYING HAVE GREAT D's!!!!

If Fitz was the Jets QB... they'd STILL be playing in the AFC Championship...

rodgers

rothlisberger

sanchez

cutler

hmmmmmmm all first round picks. one with multiple rings. one just traded for a kings ransom last year. one selected in the top 5. one that got to sit for 3 years to learn the position after being picked in the first round.

brady, brees, manning also better then ok qbs -- so thats 7 franchise qbs referenced by your post.....

matty ice and joe flacco, both good but not great so thats 9, of probably the top 10 qbs that are in the playoffs, leaving out only rivers who did have a good D

But again... ALL of the QB's remaining are playing with GREAT D's... Damn, do you people noit get it?!?! Yes you need a QB, BUT what I'm saying is that there isn't an Andrew Luck out there for us... Newton, Mallett... neither worthy of the #3 overall. GRAB SOME DAMNED D!

How do you define "franchise QB"?

Cassel (KC) and Hasselbeck (Sea) come to mind as two you would probably say don't have franchise QBs

Some people have questioned whether Flacco, Sanchez, and Cutler really have what it takes to be top-tier guys

Brees was considered "not good enough" with Sandy Eggo

A franchise QB is someone you feel good about going into each game and each season until they are obviously past their prime. When you go into TC with an open competition for the starting QB spot, you probably don't have your guy.

Another clueless wonder... Rodgers is right now winning playoff games, what has he done BEFORE this year???? And, he would have been your what #4 QB?? Big deal... of course there will be some great QB's that move on, but I bet most would have thought Brady, , Manning, Brees, or Ryan would still be standing, BUT a solid D kicked their a$$...

Right... GOTCHA.... GREAT point. I suppose NONE of the defensive players were first rounders.... good freaking grief!!!!!!

umm ryan is great but rodgers has done nothing? whats ryans playoff record again?

also didnt rodgers put up about 84 points against arizona last year?

truly all youve proven to me is you need a qb AND a defense. which i dont think that anyone would disagree with.

Of course they have good defensive players. All 4 teams do. I'm not gonna sit here and tell you otherwise. The original statement was more about the lack of "Need" for a "franchise qb". Hey if you want to sit and argue that we should go out and build our defense on par with the best teams in the league again I'll agree. To discredit guys like Rodgers/Roethlisberger/Sanchez/Cutler though is a tad naive. Rodgers in his first 3 playoff games has more tds than Any qb in NFL History. Roethlisberger is in his 4th conference championship in 7 years already having won 2 superbowls. A Year after trading for Cutler the Bears are in the NFC Championship. Mark Sanchez 2 years and 2 afc championship apperances. It's not all smoke and mirrors, and part of the reason these teams are there, are because of the play of their quarterbacks. Unless you want to tell me That Todd Collins/Matt Flynn/Charlie Batch/Brunell would have these teams where they are, or duplicate their past success.

If Fitz was the Jets QB... they'd STILL be playing in the AFC Championship...

Sanchez didn't throw any dumb passes today. Fitz makes 3 or 4 ill advised throws a game, that usually get picked off at the most inopportune times. Sanchez played great when he was on the field, he protected the ball like a good QB should.

LMAO. Terrible post. Your gonna get smacked around in this thread. There are so many holes in this, it's not funny.

Seriously? I won't repeat the names but needless to say Sanchez is the worst of the rest and he looked great today. That throw to Holmes in the endzone was nothing short of spectacular. Can anyone honestly say Fitz is as good as any of the playoff QB's except Flacco(who right now is being knifed by Ray Lewis in a limo)? Not saying it needs to be in the first round but another QB needs to be taken this year. Locker in the second???