Sanchez vs Fitzpatrick

Dorkington

117 members have voted

1. 1. Who's better? Sanchez or Fitzpatrick?

• Sanchez
    • Fitzpatrick
    • Equal

lmao..stats are for losers? OK.

The question was Sanchez vs. Fitz, not Jets vs. Bills. You're arguing two different things, but you're too blind to realize the difference.

You just said yourself how the jets are so much more superior to the bills, but yet then go on to use W/L as your argument b/c "stats are for losers." Of course. I won't even bother trying to distinguish how your argument is illogical.

I think you are....a misguided homie that refuses to understand the difference between a winner and loser. Your calling me blind because Fitz in his 6th year finally started playing decently, while Sanchez in only in his second year had a great performance in the playoffs against the team that most had picked to win the SB this year. Yea, I'm blind

I know you want to keep this thread alive ... but jeez, just ignore the points about how many games Fitz has won and the teams he HASN"T beaten... you can flap about how good Fitz is when he beats a team with a winning record, or takes a team to the playoffs

The Jets D didn't throw 3 TD's against that pro bowl Patriot secondary, they didn't have a 127 passer rating against a good defense on their home turf, Sanchez did! You cry that the Jets have the better team and yet can't acknowledge that the Jets won that game because of superior play from Mark Sanchez.16/25 194 yds 3 TD's NO INT's. When was the last time Fitz put in a performance like that against the Patriots in a playoff game on their home turf...never!.

If you think Fitz could switch teams with the Jets and not throw picks you are sadly mistaken, its what he does, its what he will always do. Its why the Bills still don't have their franchise QB.

Edited by Harvey lives

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz is better. When Fitz makes his wild throws they're counted and scrutinized. When Sanchez make his (and he makes plenty) they're forgiven because his defense can keep him in the game until he can finally put a string of a few completions together. He makes way more bad passes. He misses guys wide open for TDs several times a game. The ONLY reason he is a "franchise QB" is because he's on a good team. Put him on the bills or 49ers or Cardinals or Lions and he will totally out and out suck. If we drafted him and started him last year and this year we'd be having the same discussions about needing a "franchise QB".

Sure, his team wins and that's cool. for the most part they don't win because of Sanchez, they win in spite of him.

Who's better in your opinion?

Interesting. I just had a discussion about Sanchez and Fitz this morning with a couple guys who are not Bills fans. The consensus was that Fitz is at least equal to or better than Sanchez, and in MY opinion, Fitz is clearly a better QB.

I think you are....a misguided homie that refuses to understand the difference between a winner and loser. Your calling me blind because Fitz in his 6th year finally started playing decently, while Sanchez in only in his second year had a great performance in the playoffs against the team that most had picked to win the SB this year. Yea, I'm blind

I know you want to keep this thread alive ... but jeez, just ignore the points about how many games Fitz has won and the teams he HASN"T beaten... you can flap about how good Fitz is when he beats a team with a winning record, or takes a team to the playoffs

The Jets D didn't throw 3 TD's against that pro bowl Patriot secondary, they didn't have a 127 passer rating against a good defense on their home turf, Sanchez did! You cry that the Jets have the better team and yet can't acknowledge that the Jets won that game because of superior play from Mark Sanchez.16/25 194 yds 3 TD's NO INT's. When was the last time Fitz put in a performance like that against the Patriots in a playoff game on their home turf...never!.

If you think Fitz could switch teams with the Jets and not throw picks you are sadly mistaken, its what he does, its what he will always do. Its why the Bills still don't have their franchise QB.

If you think that Sanchez could play QB for the Bills, and throw for 3,000yds, with 23tds in 14 games you are sadly mistaken because sanchez couldn't even put up that production playing for the Jets, a team that is lightyears ahead of the bills in talent. So yes, lets continue talking about STATS. As for all of these INT's you keep mentioning, Fitz accounted for 19 total turnovers whereas Sanchez accounted for 18 total turnovers. That's 1.35 turnovers for Fitz a game compared to 1.125 for Sanchez. You're right, the +.20 turnovers/game for Fitz compared to Sanchez is exactly the reason why the bills still don't have their franchise QB. :rolleyes:

Who's better in your opinion?

Sanchez because of his playoff record alone: 4-1. Assuming he finds a way past Big Ben he will pull even farther away. Given the supporting cast this question is a bit unfair. Switch both players and I think the Bills win 4 or 6 and the Jets get 10 wins at least. That said Fitz has proven to make the costly mistake in the heat of the battle and Sanchez appears to be a gamer when it's all on the line. Fitz is good enough to get a team like the NY Jets into the playoffs & win a game or two. I just don't think he makes some of the throws that Sanchez does a la Holmes in the corner of the end zone.

Edited by BiggieScooby

Honestly they both play very similar when they limit their mistakes. Sanchez does that better though, and obviously has progressed quicker. Would go with Sanchez but closer than you think.

Put it this way...if they traded places would there be a huge difference either way in the final record this season?

this is true. when sanchez makes quick reads he actually looks a lot like fitz. i think he is more accurate, but isn't quite as good as fitz at making the quick read. that td pass to tomlinson was a prime example of looking very fitz-like.

in a couple years, i think sanchez will be better. now they are about the same.

i want to correct myself, i keep stating that Fitz has played 14 games whereas he only played 13 games. So that's 3,000 yds, 23td and 15int in 13 games. The yds/game and td/game are both vastly better than Sanchez; and the int/game is 1.15. Fitz is +8 in td/int whereas Sanchez is +4. Had fitz played as many games as Sanchez this season, he would've completely DESTROYED Sanchez in every significant statistical category.

W/L don't have much bearing on this discussion when the two players we're discussing are on teams that are on opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of talent. A W/L debate could be incoorporated into a discussion between Manning or Brady or other elite QB's who play on talented teams b/c the teams in those cases all have somewhat even talent levels. So to keep saying that Sanchez is "clutch" or taht he has more wins/losses, and therefore better than Fitz, is misguided.

That said Fitz has proven to make the costly mistake in the heat of the battle and Sanchez appears to be a gamer when it's all on the line.

One thing that should be considered is when reflecting on costly mistakes/gamers:

Fitz and Sanchez have about the same number of fumbles and INTs (19 and 20 respectively).

Fitz plays on a team that has something like a -17 TO/GO diff.

Sanchez plays on a team that has something like a +9 TO/GO diff.

In other words, when Fitz whiffs, we remember it because it is highly likely to cost us the game.

When Sanchez whiffs, there is a reasonable probability that his D will make someone else whiff and give him a chance to atone, in which case we remember the win, not the whiff.

I think Edwards and Holmes are more sure-handed and make more of the clutch throws that some of Fitz's receivers drop, which may also impact that perception.

But I can't verify this.

Y'all do realize that when ya substitute insults for reason ya look like a pack o' tools, right?

Sanchez had one less TO than Fitz this year. He threw 13 picks. That surprise you?

Why does Fitz throw picks? Why does Brady lead the league for fewest interceptions? Hmmmm......