[OT] 4.5

That's how many games the Red Sox are back of the Yankees with less than 30 games to go. 9 days ago the lead was 10.5. By the way, how's that starting pitching rotation workin' for you guys?

I just noticed we are not hearing much woofing from the pinstripe fans these days. Hey, where did you all go?

PTR

Right here man. WTF? Everytime the Yanks lose jackasses post where are the Yanks fans? Me, Clements, Navy, Thailog, Darin, etc, etc are all still here. We didnt go anywhere so please stop asking where we are

As a Red Sox fan, I prefer to see how this next ten days goes before calling out the Yankmee fans. The Sox have a much tougher row to hoe over the next 9 games than do the Stanks.

Even if the Sox do well and go say 7-2 or 6-3, the Stanks could still easily extend the lead back to 5.5 or 6.5 games.

The Sox need to worry about the AL West, all teams (except for Seattle) that have been hot as they have been and all of which are right on their heals in the WC race.

As for Pedro joining the Stanks, don't count on it. Now that Nomar and his salary are gone, the Sox can much more easily afford to re-sign both Varitek and Pete. Pete likes it in Boston now with the Dominican connection.

Yeah it's strangely funny how the Yankees fans shut up when their team is on a losing streak........then they win one and the first post you see is........

"THHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YYYYYAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS WIIINNNN!!!!!!!"

I can't WAIT until we put them down in October.........

Guest Bankee Buster

How great would that be for the RedSox to not only knock the Bankees out of 1st place but out of the playoffs altogether? Shutup Bankee loudmouths like Navy, Sue and others for awhile! Hahaha! Oh well, back to reality, 4.5 games, 4.5 games.

Go Sox! :blink:

Pete, Im right here with ya as well!!

I love how so many anti-Yankees fans assume that EVERY Yankee fan is a homer, how EVERY Yankees fan is a band-wagon jumper, heres a memo: Not True. I remember the lean years as much as the great ones, the lean years including Pascual Perez missing a start because he got lost going to Yankee Stadium as one example!!!

Yankees pitching has been an issue from Day 1, but so many Yankee haters were whining and crying about how baseball is over because the Yankees spend too much $ when they got A-Rod, they put the blinders on before the season started.

Well now its August 30th and the Yankees are very very vulnerable at this point. Now baseball seems ok to these Yankees haters, and its ok now because the Yankees have holes. And lets face it, sooner or later, the law of averages has to come into play, the Red Sox will win the World Series or beat the Yankees, and if it happens, hey so be it, it only took you 80+ years, Ill tip my cap to them.

Can the Yankees win the World Series? Sure they can. Do I think they will win? No

How great would that be for the RedSox to not only knock the Bankees out of 1st place but out of the playoffs altogether?  Shutup Bankee loudmouths like Navy, Sue and others for awhile!  Hahaha!  Oh well, back to reality, 4.5 games, 4.5 games.

11495[/snapback]

Sure it would be great for you Red Sox fans, but it would have only taken you 8+ decades, but I know the Red Sox fan will try to make it seem like it would erase EVERYTHING else that happened since their last World Series, sure the curse would be over, but it dosent era$e everything.

How great would that be for the RedSox to not only knock the Bankees out of 1st place but out of the playoffs altogether?  Shutup Bankee loudmouths like Navy, Sue and others for awhile!  Hahaha!  Oh well, back to reality, 4.5 games, 4.5 games.

11495[/snapback]

Let me get this straight. You're woofing because you're 4.5 games back?