I thought Jonathan Scott was decent

fairfaxbill

I thought Jonathan Scott was decent. Would have been better than Cornell Green. Now on the field in the playoffs.

Yeah, not only is he "on the field", but he's the starting right tackle for the AFC Championship bound Steelers. But according to Buddy and Chan, he was not good enough to even make the cut for the 4-12-0 last place Buffalo Bills. Now for all you Buddy and Chan and Bills' apologists out here, I understand that Scott is a back up only playing because both the Steelers starting tackles are out with injuries. And Big Ben has gotten roughed up and sacked more then usual. But come on now, he's still playing well enough to keep the starting job over other back ups on the team, and they are the damn Steelers. How on earth does this guy not even make the Buffalo Bills? It really makes me wonder about the personnel decision making process starting off with of course Tom Modrak, and on down. Modrak without Nix drafts Aaron Maybin number 1 and Maybin ends up not even strong enough to play - for his first two seasons in the NFL. Modrak with Nix drafts C.J. Spiller number 1 and he can't figure out how to run against NFL competition or block against NFL competition in his first NFL season. Nix cuts Scott, and keeps the big Chinese American rookie on the active roster, when that kid was injured the entire freakin' season. He could have kept Scott for valuable depth on the line, and simply put the rookie on injured reserve right out of training camp.

I can only hope things improve now that Nix and Gailey have had a full year on the job.

Yeah, not only is he "on the field", but he's the starting right tackle for the AFC Championship bound Steelers. But according to Buddy and Chan, he was not good enough to even make the cut for the 4-12-0 last place Buffalo Bills. Now for all you Buddy and Chan and Bills' apologists out here, I understand that Scott is a back up only playing because both the Steelers starting tackles are out with injuries. And Big Ben has gotten roughed up and sacked more then usual. But come on now, he's still playing well enough to keep the starting job over other back ups on the team, and they are the damn Steelers. How on earth does this guy not even make the Buffalo Bills? It really makes me wonder about the personnel decision making process starting off with of course Tom Modrak, and on down. Modrak without Nix drafts Aaron Maybin number 1 and Maybin ends up not even strong enough to play - for his first two seasons in the NFL. Modrak with Nix drafts C.J. Spiller number 1 and he can't figure out how to run against NFL competition or block against NFL competition in his first NFL season. Nix cuts Scott, and keeps the big Chinese American rookie on the active roster, when that kid was injured the entire freakin' season. He could have kept Scott for valuable depth on the line, and simply put the rookie on injured reserve right out of training camp.

I can only hope things improve now that Nix and Gailey have had a full year on the job.

We could have kept Trent Edwards so we didnt get totally embarassed by New York to finish the season too. Nix and Gailey are so stupid. How could they not keep that dead weight around when we could get a look at someone who has potential when we are rebuilding