Saints would have offered a 3rd round pick

zevo

in 16 games this year Lynch rushed for 737 yards and 6 TDs on 202 carries for an average of 3.6 YPC. Wow man I'm disappointed we gave all that production up for only a 4th round pick. Cmon guys, outside of that highlight reel run he was 28th in yards and tied for 17th in TDs. Nothing too impressive for a former 1st round pick.

Lynch led the NFL in ypc after the first hit in 2009. Factor that into your assessment of his overall ypc.

Haha. I love all these reports that come out now. Does this report come out if Lynch continued at his normal 3.5 clip or the Saints don't crap the bed? What a crock.

Lynch led the NFL in ypc after the first hit in 2009. See my point above.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lynch led the NFL in ypc after the first hit in 2009. Factor that into your assessment of his overall ypc.

No sour grapes here regarding Marshawn, but is it possible that he led the league in YPC after the first hit because he can't make the first guy miss? If you get hit in the backfield or in the hole and make another yard or two does that mean much?

Sure, NOW they say they would have given a 3rd. :rolleyes:

Talk, over a half year later and after getting your ass kicked by a guy, is cheap. Next time pick up the damn phone and call yourself.

This was to appease there fan base. They say we wanted that guy after he "posterized" them for all time in post season lore. Did anyone hear this prior to Marshawn transforming into a Monster and killing and eating the Saints on that one play. If you think this is on the Bills I disagree. This sounds to me like a team doing spin control after they finished the game with virtually no running backs.

No sour grapes here regarding Marshawn, but is it possible that he led the league in YPC after the first hit because he can't make the first guy miss? If you get hit in the backfield or in the hole and make another yard or two does that mean much?

That's a fair point, but I really think that when he was in the backfield, teams put 8 in the box, especially with Edwards in there. Teams knew Edwards wasn't prone to attacking deep, and they also knew that Lynch was probably the one talented player on the offense who had a strong likelihood of getting the ball (I'm factoring out Evans because of the QB). I seem to remember that happening a lot in his last couple of years.

That's a fair point, but I really think that when he was in the backfield, teams put 8 in the box, especially with Edwards in there. Teams knew Edwards wasn't prone to attacking deep, and they also knew that Lynch was probably the one talented player on the offense who had a strong likelihood of getting the ball (I'm factoring out Evans because of the QB). I seem to remember that happening a lot in his last couple of years.

Good point. Can you imagine how easy it must have been for Defenses and Defensive Coordinators game-planning for the Bills while Jauron was here?!?! The weeks worth of meetings must have been a laugh riot.