A Tradedown Draft

Wizard

Steve, Mallett will more than likely be there when we select at #3. Jerry Jones is an Arkansas alum and Romo (imo) is not a very good qb. In fact, I prefer Fitz to Romo.

Jones (from what I heard) needs a cash influx because of his new stadium. I predict that he will offer to trade up so he can get Mallett, who would sell a trillion seats down there. In a situation like this, you can really bleed the team who wants a quarterback.

Just a hunch.

How is trading up for Mallett going to give Jones a cash infusion? His games are already sold out. What the Cowgirls need the most are offensive linemen and DBs. Instead of pursuing a gimmick approach it might make more sense for him to bolster his roster and get in the playoffs to help enhance his revenue stream.

I don't doubt that Jerry Jones may have stretched himself thin with his taj majal palace. But as times advances he will be able to add events to the facility and when the economy improves get a lucrative naming rights deal to help with the hefty bank notes. Owners such as Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder are trying to work out a better CBA deal that will allow them to keep more of their own revenue instead of allowing the leaches like Ralph Wilson to take distributed payments and pocket the money without investing in his own product.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cowboys are not going to trade up for Ryan Mallett. As for the Arkansas connection, the last time Jones put sentiment over common sense regarding this matter he made a poor decision and took spot player Felix Jones. Mallett is not a top five qb. Besides, didn't Jones live through two years of Drew Bledsoe?

For the curious folks with a lot of time on their hands, you can take this listing and cross reference it to the data on these pages and see just who did the wild fandango with whom and when since 1992. That'd be a lot of work, and I'm too lazy to do it. Also, can't vouch for the blogspot that lists the history of trades up and down.

Sometimes I envy the baseball fan. They've had stats like these all compiled and cross referenced for years. Football - not so much.

no need to complicate things. you dont get a chance to pick 3rd often. just pick the best player and move on. whats one more 3rd rounder going to get you. look up last 5 drafts. stop with the non stop couch coaching. season is over. go enjoy some life. then you can worry in april.

Been saying it for a long while now. And completely agree. This team has multiple holes in the starting roster as well as a real problem with depth. Trading down to garner extra draft picks or, perhaps draft picks and a servicable player is the smartest play Nix and his team could make this off season.

Question: When was the last time Buffalo traded down in the first round of a draft? Let me know.

As far as I'm concerned, this is the year for Buffalo to trade down in the 1st round to stockpile more picks. A lot of teams need quarterbacks and the Bills will probably be the first team to have a true need for a quarterback. I'm not a huge Fitz supporter but I'd rather have him, a 1st round pick, and two potential extra picks than having Fitz and a Mallett/Newton/Locker/etc. The Panthers, Broncos, and Browns who draft right around us all selected quarterbacks last year (Clausen, Tebow, and McCoy), sot he chances of them taking the first rated quarterback (with Luck being out of the draft now) is really good.

Arizona, San Francisco, Tennessee, and Washington all pick in the top 10 and have just as bad of quarterback needs as Buffalo does long-term.

THIS IS THE YEAR TO TRADE DOWN!

If the opportunity to trade down to the 10 - 14 range, and pick up a second and a (?) this year, I'd at least consider it. The Bills need a major infusion of talent.