John Clay Wisconsin RB

jumbalaya

Brandon Jacobs could be a cheap bruising vet RB who is available in the offseason:

The veteran running back stuffed his belongings into a large plastic bag and huffed and puffed out of the locker room on Monday when reporters and photographers were present. A group gathered to speak with Jacobs and he kept on going while photographers were snapping photos.

“You're all getting pictures of Brandon Jacobs leaving, wondering if he'll ever return," Jacobs said, according to the New York Daily News. "That'll be your caption. F*** you all."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AiV4vEdUVT.7D8Krlw5xiI_.uLYF?slug=nfp-20110105_brandon_jacobs_fbombs_reporters_on_way_out_the_door

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

How about this guy if he makes it rd 3 or 4? We don't need another RB but he'd be a bruiser and would be great when paired with Spiller for four or five years. Our picks in rd 3 and 4 usually don't make it anyway so why not?

What with all the other positions we need you want another RB ?? PRIORITIES DUDE !!!!! :doh:

McIntyre is a really good blocking back. I don't think the Bills should waste a pick on a RB this year.

As for Marecic, if you're drafting him to backup at ILB and play special teams, that's one thing, but I don't expect him to be a "triple threat." He's not going to learn an NFL defense and an NFL offense and NFL special teams coverage, and learn them all well, even if he's a Stanford grad.

McIntyre is a really good blocking back. I don't think the Bills should waste a pick on a RB this year.

As for Marecic, if you're drafting him to backup at ILB and play special teams, that's one thing, but I don't expect him to be a "triple threat." He's not going to learn an NFL defense and an NFL offense and NFL special teams coverage, and learn them all well, even if he's a Stanford grad.

Actually, that's exactly why I'd draft him - I not only expect him to play both positions plus special teams, I expect him to excel at all three...

Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh calls [Marecic] "the perfect football player."

"What Owen is doing is really hard," says Harbaugh. "For one thing he is playing the two most physical positions on the field. How many guys are in that kind of shape or are physically talented enough to do that? Then there's the mental part. Most guys couldn't comprehend a pro-style system on offense and a pro-style system on defense. It's multiple packages, fronts, coverages, blitzes, personnel groups, plays, adjustments. Who's smart enough to get all those things the first time and actually go out and do them on the field?"

"He's probably got more of a future as a fullback, but this year's experience as a linebacker is going to make him more attractive to an NFL team," says Cardinal defensive coordinator Vic Fangio, who spent 24 years in the NFL. "A guy who can play more than one position is really valuable."

Teammates and coaches marvel at how Marecic is able to keep his body tuned and his playbooks straight, all while scoring enviable grades in human biology, his interdisciplinary major. (Last spring his 3.887 GPA was the highest on the team.) "He's definitely not a sleep-in kind of guy," says junior tight end Coby Fleener, who rooms with Marecic.

"In 30 years of being in college and pro football, I haven't seen a guy like him," says Harbaugh. "He does everything right, all the time, the first time. He has everything—strength, humility, intelligence. He's everything I envisioned being as a football player."

(Link - from Sports Illustrated-The Perfect Player)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnzmNUcLG2M

Actually, that's exactly why I'd draft him - I not only expect him to play both positions plus special teams, I expect him to excel at all three...

Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh calls [Marecic] "the perfect football player."

"What Owen is doing is really hard," says Harbaugh. "For one thing he is playing the two most physical positions on the field. How many guys are in that kind of shape or are physically talented enough to do that? Then there's the mental part. Most guys couldn't comprehend a pro-style system on offense and a pro-style system on defense. It's multiple packages, fronts, coverages, blitzes, personnel groups, plays, adjustments. Who's smart enough to get all those things the first time and actually go out and do them on the field?"

"He's probably got more of a future as a fullback, but this year's experience as a linebacker is going to make him more attractive to an NFL team," says Cardinal defensive coordinator Vic Fangio, who spent 24 years in the NFL. "A guy who can play more than one position is really valuable."

Teammates and coaches marvel at how Marecic is able to keep his body tuned and his playbooks straight, all while scoring enviable grades in human biology, his interdisciplinary major. (Last spring his 3.887 GPA was the highest on the team.) "He's definitely not a sleep-in kind of guy," says junior tight end Coby Fleener, who rooms with Marecic.

"In 30 years of being in college and pro football, I haven't seen a guy like him," says Harbaugh. "He does everything right, all the time, the first time. He has everything—strength, humility, intelligence. He's everything I envisioned being as a football player."

(Link - from Sports Illustrated-The Perfect Player)

Tell you what: I really hope I'm wrong, because it would be incredibly kickass to see a guy do this in the NFL (even better if he were in Buffalo), but I just don't see it happening at the pro level. Maybe an occasional appearance on the other side of the ball, like Deion Sanders. Again, though, I hope I turn out to be wrong.