Miami looks pretty stupid

Amstel

A little over a year ago we looked like a joke- no GM no Coach and speculation that no one wanted to come here. Most of us werent thrilled about either Buddy or Chan being hired and people laughed at us for hiring Chan.

I don't think we ever looked as bad as the dolphins do right now. You openly interview and "woo" a guy to replace your current coach that you have not fired then when he spurns your advances say that you feel its in the best interests of the team to keep your current coach.

For one I think its pretty classless to openly interview Harbaugh. If they were gonna do it they should kept their interest hush hush and met in a remote location. It still wouldnt have been right but better than what they did. I'm sure it wouldve leaked out somehow likely through Harbaughs camp in order to leverage his value. Beyond that it makes the owner look foolish and is an embarrassment to Sparano. I'm no Sparano fan especially him being a parcells disciple but the guy isnt the worst coach out there. They pretty much cut his balls off as far as the rest of the league is concerned. I wouldnt blame him if he resigned (which of course he won't). Although that would likely put his staff out of work and hurt his chances at another HC job.....

As for Harbaugh I dont give a damn about his "lineage." Theres no guarantee he'd be a great coach in the NFL. He's likely going to stay at Stanford. I know the team will be great next year but I'd love to see them go in the tank and kill Harbaughs NFL HC chances for next year.....

Miami has shown through this that they do not fully believe that Sparano is their guy. This will run it's course and I expect Sparano to still possibly be gone by TC. The guys in the locker room now know that he is not "the guy" in Miami and I believe this will cause huge problems, especially with players like Brandon Marshall. The question is will the players rally behind the coaching staff or will the Dolphins crash and burn?

Really, it's smart. They are spinning their wheels with Sparano. They know that. Also, they know they need a QB. So, now Sparano is a lame duck. His coaching staff knows that and they are going to start bailing one by one. It's going to be tough for him to assemble a staff now (just as it was for John Fox), knowing that the job is only for a year. So, now you are looking at a team that's gonna suck and could be a viable candidate for the number one pick next year, AKA Andrew Luck.

So if you're a free agent...wouldn't you like the direction and leadership you see in Buffalo over Miami?

Good question. A FA knows the situation in Miami is unsettled. If you're a defensive FA, now you know the Bills are gonna be a hybrid 34/43. Know any good free agent that wants to be part of that? Maybe the "B" and "C" list free agents, because they know Ralph will overpay them (cuz the A listers blow him off) and the fans will think they've made a great pick up and the holes are filled.

As a Bills fan, always nice to see the Dolphins look stupid - like when they hired ' Mr. Isotoner ' as Sr. VP of Football Ops in 2004, only to have him quit 3 weeks later.

They've made some pretty bone-headed moves the last few years, but this one - offering Harbaugh a $60M/8-year deal (and Harbaugh made them fly to him to present it and beg him for 8 hours :lol: ) while Sparano still has the HC job - looks really bush.

(Not to mention that they either completely ignored or somehow thought they could circumvent the Rooney Rule.)

Gotta love it!

Edited by The Senator

I take the CG statement with a grain of salt. He's somewhat trying to cover up for what's happened the past year with going back and forth and taking a half a year to figure out the 3-4 wasn't working. so now he's trying to sell it a smart way to play. I'm certain they will select players, FA, or draft picks to go in one direction or the other, likely 3-4. Wil lthey sometimes go 4-3, probably, but that's also likely true for every other team too.

Good question. A FA knows the situation in Miami is unsettled. If you're a defensive FA, now you know the Bills are gonna be a hybrid 34/43. Know any good free agent that wants to be part of that? Maybe the "B" and "C" list free agents, because they know Ralph will overpay them (cuz the A listers blow him off) and the fans will think they've made a great pick up and the holes are filled.

Harbaugh turned down an 8 mil/ yr job in Miami to take on a 5 mil/ yr job in San Fran. Rumor has it The Fins were requiring him to wear dark sunglasses all the time in Miami...even while watching film & during pressers... & he just couldn't deal with that.