We may have lucked out getting the 3rd pick instead of the 2nd pick

I think the Bills may end up being fortunate that they got the third pick overall instead of the second pick.

- If they aren't targeting the same player as the Broncos, they will still get their player

- The player will cost less

- We will have the second pick in the second round, at which point it is more valuable to pick ahead of Cincinnati and Denver because Buffalo will be able to take the best player available (which is obviously important for teams with many different holes).

Now, if Carolina picks Luck and Denver picks Fairley, I guess my logic kind of goes out the window (if those are our targets). But if their heart is already set on someone like Bowers, Gabbert, Peterson, Newton, etc., they will get him.

1) What if Denver selects the same player the Bills want?

2) How is paying less a benefit? That just eases Ralph's pain a bit. Why would you want Ralph to have to pay less

3) Yeah, but that means the Bills select 5th in the 3rd and instead of drafing the 69th best player on the board, they will gamble because of the upside of the 143rd best player on the board.

2) How is paying less a benefit? That just eases Ralph's pain a bit. Why would you want Ralph to have to pay less

3) Yeah, but that means the Bills select 5th in the 3rd and instead of drafing the 69th best player on the board, they will gamble because of the upside of the 143rd best player on the board.

You must be a real hit at parties. the guy admitted if Denver picks the bills' man, it's tougher to swallow. But at least with comment #2 the idea is that the team has more money to spend on other players by virtue of spending less on an unproven rookie. This is especially relevant if they go back to a cap with the new CBA. As for #3, stop whining. It's tiresome.

What if Denver and Carolina are happy with the qbs they got this year, what if for some reason they don't/can't find trades better than guys they want more. What if Luck falls to the Bills (talking about Lucky)? What if Fitz has a top 5 year next year (his contract year) and Luck has not proven anything because he is sitting.....

I don’t believe we will get the 2nd pick, I believe they go by worst SOS in round 1, and best SOS in round 2, worst SOS in rd 3, best SOS rd 4 and so on. That would make the 2nd go Pats (through Carolina), Cincy, Buffalo, Den. Am I wrong here? Can someone clarify with evidence please?

Also, your logic is correct assuming one of the players we want falls to us. The problem with that is if we don’t want Luck and/or Fairley we are really up sh*ts creek because our scouts clearly suck.

What if Denver and Carolina are happy with the qbs they got this year, what if for some reason they don't/can't find trades better than guys they want more. What if Luck falls to the Bills (talking about Lucky)? What if Fitz has a top 5 year next year (his contract year) and Luck has not proven anything because he is sitting.....

If Carolina and Denver don't want Luck...someone like Seattle, Arizona, or Oakland will trade up to get him. Luck will not get to 3.

Nah, I'd rather have the higher pick with an option to trade down if warranted. Denver and Buffalo may end up wanting the same player. Or maybe Denver trades with a team that wants the same player as the Bills. You want to be in control of your destiny.

As fans, we can only accept what our team hands us. So until things go wrong, we always have that chance of the winds of change turning.

All I am trying to say, quite simply, is that despite our draft position, things COULD work out better for us than if we picked second overall.

Nah, I'd rather have the higher pick with an option to trade down if warranted. Denver and Buffalo may end up wanting the same player. Or maybe Denver trades with a team that wants the same player as the Bills. You want to be in control of your destiny.

There is definatly truth to that, but I think a lot of times teams are able to control their own destiny, but in the end it doesn't matter. Statistically, there aren't a ton of trades in the top three. Obviously this drat could go any direction, but there is still a chance for it to play out accordingly.

Are you guys kidding me? New England has 2 First Round Picks - AND THE TOP SECOND ROUND PICK? - AGGGHHHHH!!!!! :wallbash::wallbash::doh::bag:

I haven't looked up the facts - but they probably have another second rounder, maybe a third or two... if they keep up like this, they'll be younger than the Bills in another couple of years, and still right on top.

We've got to start building a team to win in this division.

Are you guys kidding me? New England has 2 First Round Picks - AND THE TOP SECOND ROUND PICK? - AGGGHHHHH!!!!! :wallbash::wallbash::doh::bag:

I haven't looked up the facts - but they probably have another second rounder, maybe a third or two... if they keep up like this, they'll be younger than the Bills in another couple of years, and still right on top.

It's already too late. New England, with their young guys and draft picks and excellent front office, is set to dominate for the next decade, too.

Didn't this happen in San Diego w/ Brees and Rivers. SD drafts Rivers. Brees had carrear year, got traded. Both teams ended up ok in the end w/ great QB's.

So who do we draft in your opinion then? Do we trade it away to get more picks? Sorry I knew that about NE btw they have 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, and 2 6ths I am just wondering what your point is?

I have a feeling that Denver will take Patrick Peterson. Especially if Champ Bailey decides to hang up the cleats. There is no way that Carolina does not take luck if he declares. That leaves Buffalo with option to choose the best defensive player on the board. Hello Marcel Dareus or Nick Fairley!!

With regard to the OP....I don't think there are any advantages to picking 3rd as opposed to picking 2nd overall. Ralph will be able to pay a little less money than he would to the 2nd overall pick, but who really cares about that besides ol' Ralphie?

What if both Carolina and Denver are late getting their picks in to the Commish? Do you think the Bills would have a shot at drafting Luck?

now THATS the best idea Ive heard. Maybe tie their shoelaces to their chairs?