#2 Pick

1B4IDie

If The Broncos beat the Chargers.

The Jags loose

Colts Win

We Get the #2 Seed

If The Chargers Win and Colts win we get the #3 Seed.

Draft Seeding Tie Breaker is SOS, Conference then Division record are the next tie breakers and the Bengals beat us in both.

The Bills SOS without the the Jags game 148 107 The Bengals SOS without the Chargers and Colts 147 107

Edited by Why So Serious?

You are correct.

Wishful thinking. :oops:

:thumbsup:

So, how can they get the #2 pick? As I look at the standings, they have the same record as Cincy. Since they beat the Bengals, that would mean Cincy's in the 2 slot and the Bills are #3. No other result from today should matter.

The Jags loose

Colts Win

We Get the #2 Seed

Draft Seeding Tie Breaker is SOS, Conference then Division record are the next tie breakers and the Bengals beat us in both.

The Bills SOS without the the Jags game 148 107 The Bengals SOS without the Chargers and Colts 147 107

To beat out the Bengals, don't we need BOTH the Jags to lose and the Colts to win?

Here is what Mark Gaughan said (in any case, if they would just end all the games right now, we'd be picking number 2!):

So the Bills' path to the No. 2 pick goes like this: Denver beats San Diego; and either Cincinnati beats Baltimore or the Bengals lose to the Ravens while Indianapolis beats Tennessee, Jacksonville loses to Houston and Kansas City loses to Oakland. A Bengals loss coupled with those other results would give the Bills and Bengals a strength-of-schedule tie and force a coin flip to decide who gets the earlier pick.

So, how can they get the #2 pick? As I look at the standings, they have the same record as Cincy. Since they beat the Bengals, that would mean Cincy's in the 2 slot and the Bills are #3. No other result from today should matter.

If you're logical, you'd be correct. But the NFL isn't logical.

Head to head doesn't matter in this instance. Not sure why, it's an odd rule. SOS is weighed before H2H. I think a coin flip is before H2H too ...

Not to be a jerk but pay attention bro...we've gone over this a million times. Head to head is not a tiebreaker in draft order.

You would think, but it seems to me head to head doesn't apply in drafting, only SOS? I haven't delved too deep, but that's the only thing I've heard about.

If you're logical, you'd be correct. But the NFL isn't logical.

Head to head doesn't matter in this instance. Not sure why, it's an odd rule. SOS is weighed before H2H. I think a coin flip is before H2H too ...

It kind of makes perfect sense though...if you play tougher teams then you are probably better than the team with the same record who played teams that are worse...right?

It kind of makes perfect sense though...if you play tougher teams then you are probably better than the team with the same record who played teams that are worse...right?

I guess. But you'd think the head to head match up would show who was the better team (at least on that day).

Since in this case the rule works in the Bills' favor (a rarity -- or so it seems) I'm not complaining :D

The Jags loose

Colts Win

We Get the #2 Seed

Sweet, thanks. I was actually glued to the tele when Carson was driving that last 45sec because I thought that was our only chance at the #2.

I guess. But you'd think the head to head match up would show who was the better team (at least on that day).

Since in this case the rule works in the Bills' favor (a rarity -- or so it seems) I'm not complaining :D

So true, usually it seems like we tie with 5 other teams, and draft the latest of the 5!

The Jags loose

Colts Win

We Get the #2 Seed

If TE plays his best, the Jags will still lose.

Its not head to head that is used, its strength of schedule first

Since the NFL uses that to break ties for the playoffs (seedings, who gets in, etc.), one would think they'd do that for the bottom teams, too.

Sorry if I'm being too logical. <_<