Are you rooting for a win or a loss?

NewEra

Such a painful game to watch for me. Knowing that we are going to pick 5th if we lose (I'm pretty sure anyway) and land one of the best DL/LB in the draft. Or if we win, end up picking after the rest of the 5-11 teams due to having the tougher strength of schedule, most likely picking 10th. Maybe another maybin/whitner type player

The players and coaches will be playing their hardest for a win -- as they should be. But I'll be hoping they come up short. I won't complain if they do end up winning, but realistically, winning this game means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

No one will care if the Bills win, not even Jets fans. The only ones that will be soothed with a win (besides the players and coaches themselves) are the Bills fans who want nothing more than instant gratification.

Draft position is a consolation prize, not the main goal. You play to win the game.

Sure, but as fans we don't play the game. We watch the game to watch (hopefully) our team win a championship. Not a meaningless game in January against backups.

Sure, but as fans we don't play the game. We watch the game to watch (hopefully) our team win a championship. Not a meaningless game in January against backups.

Every football game is meaningless to a person with any perspective. It is all about the fleeting joy of a victory. Anyone who pretends that they are more realistic or sensible because they want to overthink whether it is better to win or lose runs the risk of being a self-important tool.

Every football game is meaningless to a person with any perspective. It is all about the fleeting joy of a victory. Anyone who pretends that they are more realistic or sensible because they want to overthink whether it is better to win or lose runs the risk of being a self-important tool.

Fleeting is the key word.

A win in January against scrubs in a rivalry that means nothing to anyone outside of WNY when it could potentially slow down your teams rebuilding process is about as fleeting as it gets.

Sorry, I'd rather root for a super bowl win than a win against the Jets back ups.

Fleeting is the key word.

A win in January against scrubs in a rivalry that means nothing to anyone outside of WNY when it could potentially slow down your teams rebuilding process is about as fleeting as it gets.

Sorry, I'd rather root for a super bowl win than a win against the Jets back ups.

As if they are mutually exclusive....

Anyone who roots for Buffalo to lose is an idiot. You really think a draft choice is going to change the way we play next season? I'd rather see the team win now and prove to me they have some talent, rather than watching them get crushed, only to pick rookies who won't contribute right away...

Edited by OverPowerYou

Anyone who roots for Buffalo to lose is an idiot. You really think a draft choice is going to change the way we play next season? I'd rather see the team win now and prove to me they have some talent, rather than watching them get crushed, only to pick rookies who won't contribute right away...

It's not one pick. It's seven. Momentum doesn't carry over from one season to the next, so seven better (in theory) players WILL help more in 2011 than a win in 2010.

Yes.

What means more to the future of the franchise? A win against the Jets' scrubs when there's no chance of getting a winning record in the season OR the division -- or SEVEN higher draft picks?

First of all, you cannot say where the Bills will draft until after all the games are played, so your premise is moot.

Second, the team has enough weaknesses that there will be plenty of available good players.

Third, winning beats losing.

I do not expect to convince you, and you are entitled to your opinion, but I would strongly argue against the notion that there is only one logical position to take.

Enjoy the game.

Oh, and God Bills!

Edited by RJ (not THAT RJ)

First of all, you cannot say where the Bills will draft until after all the games are played, so your premise is moot.

Second, the team has enough weaknesses that there will be plenty of available good players.

Third, winning beats losing.

I do not expect to convince you, and you are entitled to your opinion, but I would strongly argue against the notion that there is only one logical position to take.

Agree to disagree. That's fine. But the premise isn't moot. Since it's a fact that if the Bills win they will have a lower draft pick than if they lose. They could fall out of the top 10 with a win. A loss they could pick as high as 2. That's a big difference -- especially over seven rounds.

Go Bills!

Edited by tgreg99

For evidence just look at what beating Indianapolis' backups last year did for the Bills going into this year. Why without that win they might have started 0-9 instead of merely 0-8!

So a win against the jets back up players in a meaningless game for them, would prove to you they have some talent? Lol. That's funny