How 'bout some Roy E. Williams in town?

BoozeCruise

Roy E Williams? Let me see if I've got it right. Right now the Bills have Steve Johnson, Lee Evans (the only reason why Johnson is putting up numbers), Roscoe Parish, Don Jones, Dave Nelson, Marcus Easley, and Naaman Roosevelt and you would like to add up Roy Williams, a receiver that ain't caught 40 balls in any of the past 4 seasons? I've heard of him.... Brilliant. And, this would be consistent with the Bills MO. Let's not improve the team, let's dumpster dive to fill out the roster.

Meanwhile the Bills can't stop the run, nor can they run the ball with any consistency. They have a QB with a below 85 QB rating (the absolute bottom for a championship QB is 85 if you have a killer defense), an offensive line minus two tackles.

Oh, now it makes sense.... you must be a Bills fan.

How about you just go out and get Roy Williams for your Madden team?

Hey One Bills gang, how do ya feel about Roy Williams. I'm thinking it would be nice not having to draft a wideout. Roy is almost definitely getting cut and he'd bring us a big target for not too bad a price tag. I think he can still be a big time wideout in the right system. He was a beast in Detroit and I'd like to see some of that jump ball game in Orchard Park. Ya can't throw to a buncha 5'10" guys all day. I don't think we can depend on Easley being that guy. Set down the moonshine and banjo Nixxy Boy and grab that rotary telephone.

Boozecruise had way too much rum in your fermented egg nog ... why bring in someone that not even Detroit wants when we have a strong young group at wide-out.

David Nelson definitely fits that void as a big target but going into next season the problem will be which of these talented receivers do we have to cut. I like what I have seen from Roosevelt, Jones, Nelson, Parrish, Johnson, and Evans. Add it Easley who many thought would be the surprise rookie of the season then it makes one wonder why we are talking about spending a single penny of FA money on a wide out. Must be the booze!

Wrotto?

Man he would be a BIG target out there! I wonder how he moves in space? Probably tough to take down though. This is a position change I never saw the coaches making. We have done it before though with success (Jason Peters). Wrotto from OL to WR didn't see it comin. whats his 40 yd speed??

Edited by Lenigmusx

How many great receivers do the pats have?

We don't need another WR.

First the Pats have T. Brady (HOF)

They Also have Welker and Branch (Branch with the PATS IS A PRO BBOWLER)

Two yound and very good tight ends

Pretty sure comparing the Buffalo Bills to the N.E. Patriots is a little dumb!

First the Pats have T. Brady (HOF)

They Also have Welker and Branch (Branch with the PATS IS A PRO BBOWLER)

Two yound and very good tight ends

Pretty sure comparing the Buffalo Bills to the N.E. Patriots is a little dumb!

What the Pats have is coaching and strategy that's so good it works with most anyone in there, provided that the players know their responsibility and don't think they're bigger than the team. Once they do, they get their walking papers - fair or not. Ask Branch the first time out, or Moss, or Maroney, or Seymour. How many TEs have they gone through in the past decade? How are/were all of the aforementioned guys doing in new surroundings? Yeah, that's what I thought...

Brady is a complete douche, but he's part of a very well-coached and responsible system. Branch and Welker are decent, and in the Pats' system where they can work great timing routes with a very efficient QB, they are Pro Bowlers. Remove the coaching from the equation and you would see that the receivers are pretty useless on their own.

BTW, if I had my choice of any receiver I'd take Andre Johnson, but he has exactly the same number of playoff appearances as the Bills do in the past decade.

We need an established guy next to Steve for a year at least. Quarterbacks can't be asked to throw to a buncha guys that can't run routes yet. Roy knows where to be on the field and can be a chain mover for us. Everyone left Mike Williams of Seattle in the trash can and look what he's done for that team. Tall receivers with hands don't grow on trees.

Braylon Edwards is also possibly going to be looking for work. Bit of a problem child, but we're low on sh*t talkers. Now Ocho Cinco is not somewhere I'd be willing to go, despite his familiarity with Fitzpatrick. Little too far down that road.

Lee Evans has been more productive throughout his career than Ry Williams. We're better off keeping what we have.

Amen. WR is one position we can sit tight at for a year and not make any drastic, "this guy is different, hence he must be better" changes.