Don't Be Surprised If...........................

H2o

While Nix was in SD the Chargers used three of their #1's on CB's. Marty said that AJ leaned on Nix more than most of us know. Patrick Peterson is already the consensus #1 CB in the draft. He reminds me of a young Nnamdi Asomugha. If he has an unbelievable combine and is on the board when we are on the clock don't be surprised to hear his name called.

While Nix was in SD the Chargers used three of their #1's on CB's. Marty said that AJ leaned on Nix more than most of us know. Patrick Peterson is already the consensus #1 CB in the draft. He reminds me of a young Nnamdi Asomugha. If he has an unbelievable combine and is on the board when we are on the clock don't be surprised to hear his name called.

Funny because I was thinking the same exact thing a few days ago. He seems to be a highly rated prospect, and I believe our secondary is missing a true difference maker. McKelvin was drafted with the expectation of being a difference maker and I think it's pretty clear he hasn't lived up to that. I still think we need D-Line and LB's over CB's but nix showed he's not afraid to take BPA with their 1st pick.

On any other team who is in our situation, doing something this incredibly stupid would not even be discussed. But with the Bills, no stupid move should be left out of the equation.

I like to think that since we have been purged of Dick Levy, something as insane as this wouldn't happen, but who really knows?

What I will say is that if we draft a first round defensive back or running back, this franchise is essentially finished.

The Bills need a genuine "difference maker" in the secondary, another among the LBs and a third on the Dline. Do you see any of those already on the roster, either among the vets or the rookies? If not, then I think you can take it to the bank that those are three of the top targets for Nixley.

As to McKelvin, the guy strikes me as being dumb as a bag of chicken lips. And, with the sophistication of today's pro defenses, that won't get it. McGee seems to be perpetually injured. This has to be a concern to the front office looking at next year.

Remember that not all of these slots have to be filled through the draft. It could be an interesting off-season at The One.

As to McKelvin, the guy strikes me as being dumb as a bag of chicken lips. And, with the sophistication of today's pro defenses, that won't get it. McGee seems to be perpetually injured. This has to be a concern to the front office looking at next year.

:lol:

I actually don't think this is a bad thing. The truth is, our DBs are from the biggest problem with this defense, they are also in need if some serious help. If we happened to pick up the next great corner in this league it would hardly be a bad thing. Shut down corners are hard to come by. McGee absolutely cannot play a full season. He can't even finish a half season. And he hasn't been even good for about 3 years now. McKelvin is not exactly a bust, but he's not the corner we thought we were getting. Any help at this position would be a good thing. In fact, one could say that if we were able to pick up a true shut down corner like Nnamdi Asomugha or Derrell Revis we could just stack the box against the run and dare teams to pass on us. Just saying, there's always more than one way to create a good team. Playmakers would be a good start.

On any other team who is in our situation, doing something this incredibly stupid would not even be discussed. But with the Bills, no stupid move should be left out of the equation.

I like to think that since we have been purged of Dick Levy, something as insane as this wouldn't happen, but who really knows?

What I will say is that if we draft a first round defensive back or running back, this franchise is essentially finished.

You said it best...couldn't agree more. It would probably be the last nail in the coffin.

The Bills need a genuine "difference maker" in the secondary,

The difference maker that this secondary needs is a defensive line that can get to the quarterback, plain and simple. Make it so that these DBs don't have to cover guys all day long and you'll see a remarkable improvement in secondary play.

The difference maker that this secondary needs is a defensive line that can get to the quarterback, plain and simple. Make it so that these DBs don't have to cover guys all day long and you'll see a remarkable improvement in secondary play.

+1 --- You can have Darrell Green and Deion Sanders as your starting cornerbacks and they aren't going to do sh-- if Brady has 7 seconds to throw everytime he drops back.

Plus, the Bills don't seem to have a problem finding quality cornerbacks. I see them starting for other teams all over the league (pretty nice game by that #26 for the Vikings last night). Stud defensive linemen on the other hand, aren't typically found on the waiver wire.

It would not surprise me at all. Peterson would be a hell of a pick and give the front 7 time to blitz and run stunts.

Exactly. First pick needs to be a front-7 difference maker, preferably someone on the Dline.

Exactly. First pick needs to be a front-7 difference maker, preferably someone on the Dline.

that'd be my choice too, but if we beat the jets this sunday, and those top 3 D-linemen (Fairley, Dareus & Bowers) are gone, then Peterson might be the move.

It would be interesting to see what san diego's run defense looked like in those 3 seasons preceding those 3 picks. If SD was stopping the run well and generating good frontline pass rush during those seasons, then those defensive back picks probably made a lot of sense.

I'm too lazy to look, but Football Reference probably has those stats readily available.

I would assume Peterson will probably be off the board by the time we pick anyways, but that will obviously depend on how next week shakes out as to draft order. I doubt the Bills would take Amukamara.

Don't forget about A.J. Green. :ph34r:

If the Bills do make a "left field" 1st round pick, my money's on them taking Green.

FWIW, walter football's latest mock has Peterson going 2nd overall to Denver, as they anticipate Champ Bailey's departure. The Bills sit at 4th overall after 16 weeks.