Mularky's name coming up for Denver HC

boyst

Link

Mularky could be interesting to watch with Tebow and others on the Broncos, I never thought he got the fair end of the stick when he was here in Buffalo.

The Broncos will most likely get a coach who will not want or be given the GM/power like McDaniels and Shanahan had, which is intersting. Just like the talk with the Bills, Elway may join the franchise in a role that would work with or as the GM. I thought that was most interesting!

I assume it is a given that whoever is coaching in Denver next season will take the job with the understanding Tebow is the QB so you better like it. That makes me think only a coach who liked Tebow before would take the job.

If I am wrong, then Tebow may be on the block - I think Gailey would be interested. Intriguing.

Link

Mularky could be interesting to watch with Tebow and others on the Broncos, I never thought he got the fair end of the stick when he was here in Buffalo.

The Broncos will most likely get a coach who will not want or be given the GM/power like McDaniels and Shanahan had, which is intersting. Just like the talk with the Bills, Elway may join the franchise in a role that would work with or as the GM. I thought that was most interesting!

Denver is another job that I think George Edwards should be a candidate for.

Just been thinking, would Wade go to Denver as the HC and bring in an offensive guru, Schottenheimer's son, or someone?

Denver's defense under Wade would be good and in a weak AFCW there is a great opportunity to succeed, not at all like it was in the NCFE or AFCE.

Just been thinking, would Wade go to Denver as the HC and bring in an offensive guru, Schottenheimer's son, or someone?

Denver's defense under Wade would be good and in a weak AFCW there is a great opportunity to succeed, not at all like it was in the NCFE or AFCE.

If Wade ever gets another HC job there needs to be an investigation. His lack of attention to detail as a HC was blatant.

Mularkey would prolly be a really good HC if he gets an opportunity. As much as we didnt like him here, i feel that was more the passion of the moment by fans of our beloved Bills.

And thats coming from a guy who HATED Mularkey. :thumbsup:

GO BILLS

Only if he learned how to not play musical QBs.

Link

The Broncos will most likely get a coach who will not want or be given the GM/power like McDaniels and Shanahan had, which is interesting. Just like the talk with the Bills, Elway may join the franchise in a role that would work with or as the GM. I thought that was most interesting!

Mularky was Donohoe's puppet and about the only thing he may have had a full hand in was firing Rusty Jones (our excellent former long term conditioning coach) and replacing him with Mularky's buddy. He also seemed to have a penchant for gimmick plays which rarely worked out for us.

He got the fair end in the long run, he got the end that pushed him out the door. (Yes, he quit technically, but only after he was advised most of his staff was going to be replaced.)

Mularkey would prolly be a really good HC if he gets an opportunity. As much as we didnt like him here, i feel that was more the passion of the moment by fans of our beloved Bills.

And thats coming from a guy who HATED Mularkey. :thumbsup:

GO BILLS

I think Mularkey is another one of those good coordinators that may not necessarily be a good HC. He's had a good track record as an OC and has been very good with Matt Ryan. I've only seen him in Buffalo and he didn't have much of a tenure, so it would be quite interesting to see how he does if he gets another gig.

Link

Elway won't ever work "as the GM"--he doesn't want that job and Bowen's senility hasn't reached that level anyway.

I assume it is a given that whoever is coaching in Denver next season will take the job with the understanding Tebow is the QB so you better like it. That makes me think only a coach who liked Tebow before would take the job.

If I am wrong, then Tebow may be on the block - I think Gailey would be interested. Intriguing.

I don't see Tebow replacing Orton yet.

Edited by Mr. WEO

I do. Broncos seriously need draft picks, they're in 'rebuild' mode, esp on D. Orton trade can add some picks.

So the new caoch of the Broncos is going to dump a QB good for 3600+ yds and 20+TDs a year for what, a second round pick? A 3rd? So the Broncos will have dealt both Cutler and Orton in a 2 year span?

That's going to take some big hairy balls.

So the new caoch of the Broncos is going to dump a QB good for 3600+ yds and 20+TDs a year for what, a second round pick? A 3rd? So the Broncos will have dealt both Cutler and Orton in a 2 year span?

That's going to take some big hairy balls.

Yes its extremely likely actually. You have to remembers that Tebow is the face of that franchise, the QB of the future, and is currently starting. Considering he has played better than expected and has been pretty impressive in his short time on the field, why bench him? The Rams wouldn’t bench Bradford if they still had Bulger on the roster, so why should the Broncos bench Tebow?

And I could see the Cards giving up some picks for Orton, or the 49ers, or even the Panthers, Vikes, heck the Bungles are a long shot too. Lots of teams need a good QB and a bidding war could cause Orton to fetch a pretty penny. We may even be in the mix, you never know.

really had nice years here.

He had nice years in Denver, Buffalo and Dallas. He was fired because he had more than "nice" talent in all 3 places. Dallas was the first team to actually let him run the string out entirely, and he got that opportunity in part because in his past jobs he got the boot before things really got ugly.