49ers fire Mike Singletary

hoopschad1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long time lurker first time poster on TBD ...couldn't help but think post game that singeltary would be a great DC next year...we obviously need an upgrade there and one would think he would be available

Before he was elevated to Head Coach in San Francisco, he had never been a defensive coordinator. The highest position he ever had previously was as a linebackers coach.

So, no, IMO.

While I disagree with your idea, I'd like to welcome you to the board.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

While I agree we need to hire a head coach who gets fired, I don't like Singletary. He's a motivator. Kind of like Herm Edwards. We need to hire someone like Wade Phillips, someone who is a defensive mastermind. But not Wade Phillips because there's no chance he's coming back here considering his relationship with Ralph.

While I agree we need to hire a head coach who gets fired, I don't like Singletary. He's a motivator. Kind of like Herm Edwards. We need to hire someone like Wade Phillips, someone who is a defensive mastermind. But not Wade Phillips because there's no chance he's coming back here considering his relationship with Ralph.

Does your signature look 'normal' to you?

Long time lurker first time poster on TBD ...couldn't help but think post game that singeltary would be a great DC next year...we obviously need an upgrade there and one would think he would be available

No, thank you.

Welcome to The Wall.

Edited by The Dean

As others have said, welcome to the board. I think Singletary is a loose cannon. I don't think players like him and I don't think they play for him. I don't think he's the kind of guy that would fit personality wise. I think he's the kind of guy that has to lead and doesn't do well following. I think he'd be a head coaches nightmare keeping up with him and all the issues he'd have with players.

Instead the obvious upgrading of our defense what or whom is the best answer to our inept DC?

If you were going to replace the DC (I doubt the Bills will) I would suggest you get an experienced and successful DC with a track record of turning around defenses wherever he goes. Not a guy with limited coaching experience who failed at his first high-level coaching job.

If we are taking an ex-HC as a D-Coordinator then I suggest John Fox who will likely be gone in Carolina. He has done well before.

If you were going to replace the DC (I doubt the Bills will) I would suggest you get an experienced and successful DC with a track record of turning around defenses wherever he goes. Not a guy with limited coaching experience who failed at his first high-level coaching job.

Mike Nolan is the hottest coach available ,considering they blow it up in Miami, but he may be in line for another shot at a HC position rather than an assistant. Even though I'm not sold on Edwards as DC , we just simply do not have the right personnel.

Gosh I hope we fire Edwards the week after the season is over. I'd take Singeltary over him but he would not be my first choice. I'd like to get Marvin Lewis or John Fox. If Mike Nolan comes available, YES, get him. We need an upgrade at DC in the worst way. Our defense is pop warner bad.