Why we hate the Patriots

Bills!Win!

Reasons why I hate New England

*Obviously, it begins at the top and flows to the bottom.

1. OWNERSHIP---All people do is talk about how great this "Bob Kraft" fellow is. Sure, he may have won three Super Bowls, but is he the greatest owner ev...er? Probably not. I agree though that the first Super Bowl that New England won they deserved to win it; it was nothing but a team effort. I was somewhat rooting for them because they were an underdog and it made for a nice Cinderella Story in the NFL.

2. MANAGEMENT---After their convincingly epic victory in their first Super Bowl win(2001), their GM added to their team even more, by simply luring in free agents (sometimes via illegal means). Some of these players being acquired were no name players who couldn't make it in other places in the NFL, some were aging veterans who couldn't win the big game, others were highly touted draft picks, and the rest were sought after free-agents. You probably ask, "Why is this so bad?" I speak as a frustrated Bills/NFL fan in this respect. The only reason the Patriots won the other 2 Super Bowls was because their management was willing to go all-out and pay for these top players, while most other teams did nothing, like my Buffalo Bills. Yes, the "bitter" aspect at this point comes in, but that's alright.

3. BILL BELICHICK---Seriously, this guy is the most boring person I've ever seen. I have to admit, it is kind of cool when he wears those freaky looking Sith Lord hoodies on the side lines. But when I hear this guy talk in press conferences, it bores me to death. The week before the Bills games he always praises them and lets everyone know how the games against Buffalo are always tough. Let's also remember that Sunday Night game when New England put up 56 points and embarrassed Buffalo. It was Belichick's decision to run up the score leading 42-10 in the fourth quarter, and this wasn't the first time he'd done it. One more thing to remember. Does spygate ring a bell? Whether you think it was serious or not, cheating is cheating.

4. ASSISTANT COACHES---Charlie Weiss, Romeo Crennel, Josh McDaniels... The list goes on and on. These guys are like the Sith Lord's evil apprentices. Weiss went on to Notre Dame and everyone hated him, CreNnel ran the over-aggressive cheap-shot defenses, and Josh McDaniels had his own part in Spy Gate#2. I've always had a dislike for these guys.

5. TOM BRADY---The guy is clearly over the hill. Even Edwards, the worst quarterback in the history of the world, could complete the passes he completes if I had all the time he has to throw. I don't know how many times I've seen a game where he didn't get hit once, or had at least 6-7 seconds to throw almost every time. Seriously, put this guy behind the bills offensive line and he's no better than Fitzpatrick. Don't forget he's morally a bad person, freaking ugly, and always complains at the refs. He's the NFL's poster-child, everything has to go his way, and you know the NFL and officials are on his side. I'm sick of hearing how this guy is the NFL's MVP. Remember, the Patriots went 11-5 with Matt Cassel. (That year was awesome)

6. PRIME TIME---That's right, the NFL shoves the Patriots in our face, forcing them down our throat. They've said that the patriots are the up and coming "America's Team." Not to mention, more people hate the patriots than love them, so please stop showing them on Sunday/Monday nights all of the time. Someone needs to send a message to the NFL - nobody cares about them anymore, we want to see other teams play. This is almost as bad as Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin in the NHL, yeah we understand they're good, but there's other teams that people want to see.

7. GOING 16-0---Ok, so what? Let's just remember which team won the super bowl that year. You don't win championships when you lose your last game. Not to mention the fact that the Patriots pretty much got every single free agent that year.

8. DIRTY PLAYERS--- This team has definitely been the dirtiest team in the last decade. Asante Samuel, Vince Wilfork, Rodney Harrison... You might say they're aggressive, but they're more like heartless, spineless, cheap shots. Search any one of these guys on you tube and you'll find numerous videos of these guys injuring other players, and doing things that should attract penalties which are often over-looked. The only player I could root for on those teams was Teddy Bruschi, even though they thought he was literally God himself.

9. PATRIOTS FANS---All of their fans think they're better than everyone just because they've won 3 super bowls this last decade. Most of those fans became fans after one of 3 Superbowl victories, if you think I'm wrong, you're probably just blind and/or ignorant. It bothers me that most of these fans are from the younger generation. I knew how it felt to be a younger kid and adopt a team that was winning and felt good rooting for them. If you confront these people today now that they're older, their excuse is, "Well I rooted for them when they only won one Superbowl, or, I rooted for them before they were good! Yeah, well that's what people said in the 90's about the Cowboys, the 49ers in the 80's, and the Steelers in the 70's. I have one word for you... BANDWAGON! Just admit it, please!

10. Division... Apparently you forgot that they are in Buffalo's division. This means New England gets 2 automatic wins a year (don't forget they play Miami twice) and the jets haven't always been good. Any true NFL fan will despise his team's rivals. I stopped hating the Colts once they moved out of the AFC East

If only the Bills could be this way...

It's a good list, particularly about their fans. But you left out the real reason: They ALWAYS beat us. I don't think I'd hate the Pats for any reason but being in the AFC east, if we always beat them. I did not despise them this much in the 90's because we usually beat them. Win, and all that crap becomes secondary.

Brady has always benefited from a great line. I'm not saying Roethlisberger is better but if Brady had his line, the Bears' line, or heck ours he would not have had the career he had. I'm not saying he wasn't great, but he owes a lot of his success to them.

Brady has always benefited from a great line. I'm not saying Roethlisberger is better but if Brady had his line, the Bears' line, or heck ours he would not have had the career he had. I'm not saying he wasn't great, but he owes a lot of his success to them.

Not sure where this fallacy comes from?

In all of the Pats SB seasons the one constant on the OL has been Matt Light @ LT. But ask any Pats fan and they'll tell you he's been anything but great. Steady is a much better description. Dan Koppen has also been a consistent starter except SB 36. So, the two best Pats OL's in their dynasty years were Light and Koppen, not exactly upper echelon players. Beyond these two, you are looking at JAG's for OL .... Names such as Tom Ashworth, Greg Randall, Nick Kaczur, Bradon Gorin, Russ Hochstein, Joe Andruzzi, and Mike Compton.

Straight up jealousy.

The Pats are awesome. A model franchise from top to bottom; it's no wonder the refs love them so much. What else can you say, except that their Mass hole fans don't deserve a team that great. As much as they shame my beloved Bills every year, I still can't justify hating them.

Edited by skibum

We hate the patriots because they are everything the bills are not.

Succinct, to the point, and 100% correct.

They Hold better than any other team ever and the refs look the other way. All of the ref issues start from the owner he has it in with most crews.

Whew. Thank you. I was beginning to think I wouldn't see a "the refs are biased" comment after yesterdays loss.

Amen to that. Brady has all the time in the world. He does owe a lot of his success to his O-Lines. They are talented and well coached/prepared. For the most part they have had the luxury of plugging in an O-lineman here and there and they don't miss a beat.

Succinct, to the point, and 100% correct.

Whew. Thank you. I was beginning to think I wouldn't see a "the refs are biased" comment after yesterdays loss.

Succinct basically means to the point and 100% correct. That comment was not succinctly put. lol Just busting balls. Although you used the word correctly......never mind. Irony at it's best.

The only reason I hate the Patriots is because we always lose to them. As for organization and coaching, they do all the right things and make smart decisions in the offseason.

Who trades a 2nd rounder for Wes Welker and picks up Danny Woodhead and make them into stars???

I was ok with the pats winning through their first super bowl, the season after but then when they got good again their fans entirely forgot that 10 years earlier they had 15,000 season ticket holders and nobody cared. And they became insufferable - most pats fans would prefer to laugh at your team for losing than celebrate their team for winning - a very odd dynamic.

That said, they are really f'ing good and they don't get any better than brady and his evil coach. Brady's first few season was mostly dink and dunk, but he is awesome now - no getting around it. They take crappy players nobody else cares about and turn them into stars - then they leave and do nothing. (see branch, deion)

Yes, Tom Brady is over the hill - he just broke the NFL record for passes without a pick. He's thrown 34 TDs and 4 picks this year.

As much as I love Fitz and his Magic Beard, I think I'd take my chances with the "over the hiill" Brady...

And one more thing to dislike.

They always seem to come up with extra draft picks, since they know when to unload veteran stars, and then usually parlay a pick into a next year pick.

Just too damn smart in their draft/front office...

Yup. Patriots got 2 1sts, 2 2nds, and 2 3rds in this year's draft. Getting back starters from IR too. They should be alot better next year. Something to look forward too. :)

Yup. Patriots got 2 1sts, 2 2nds, and 2 3rds in this year's draft. Getting back starters from IR too. They should be alot better next year. Something to look forward too. :)

I could see them trading a first for a couple 2nd's or more in future years too.

Probably deal it to the Bills for 2 future 1st round picks so Buddy can take another skatback to make his offensive line better. (just kidding, just kidding :) )

The New England area is full of fair-weather fans!

That is the reason I hate the Patriots fans the most. I don't even hate the Patriots as much as I do their fans these days. There is a family friend of my parents who has a son at the age of 18 and he is a Patriots fan. Not only did he not even CARE about football until the Patriots were winning, but he will endlessly rip on me (at least he used to before he was a legal adult) for being a Bills fan and how bad they sucked. What kills me the most is that I will see him on xbox live playing a video game instead of watching his Patriots play. Talk about fair weathered. This kid is so spoiled by his team that he doesn't even bother to watch anymore, he just takes credit and talks ****. The real shame is that when the Patriots are finally a bad team again, I will not be able to give him back all the bull **** because that is when he won't "be that into football anymore." Just like his older brother did when the Cowboys stopped winning Super Bowls.

Bandwagon fans are everywhere, they are just the worst in New England because the franchise is consistently good. :angry:

When I was a teenager, I hated the Dolphins and Jets b/c they were the best teams in the division and constantly challenged the Bills. I wanted bad things to happen to their players, wished for injuries and plane crashes of team flights. That was dumb and immature.

Do I want to beat the Pats? Eff yeah! But these days, it doesn't rise to "hate." If you told me I could swap the Pats franchise and the Bills franchise for the last decade, questionable calls, spygate and all, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Fact is, when bad stuff happens to "your team," it's a lot easier to swallow/defend if you're winning.

When I watch the Pats on draft day, I shake my head with equal parts admiration and disgust. It's like they're playing a different game.