The Official Gameday Thread: Patriots* at the Bills

BuffaloBill

I love how everyone is ganging up on Fitz. Yeah, those were two TERRIBLE ints. But he's also made some good throws that should have been caught. Still, a bad, bad day, and if he was like this all the time I'd agree.

But he's playing against the number 1 gameplanning coach of our generation with no TEs and 3 Udfa wrs + a 7th rounder to throw to, on a day where everyone on the board seems to agree Chan is calling the worst game of his life.

Yep, that should erase everything else he's done this year. Let's over react and reach for Mallett in the top 8 picks.

Both sides are overreacting as per usual. Fitz is NOT a franchise QB as many on here would have you believe. Nor is he a bad QB that others will have you believe. He's average to slightly above. But look at the games he's played against good teams and you'll see the truth. He makes bad mistakes at the worst possible moments. He doesn't have "it". He's not clutch.

But he's not the biggest problem on this team by a long shot.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both sides are overreacting as per usual. Fitz is NOT a franchise QB as many on here would have you believe. Nor is he a bad QB that others will have you believe. He's average to slightly above. But look at the games he's played against good teams and you'll see the truth. He makes bad mistakes at the worst possible moments. He doesn't have "it". He's not clutch.

But he's not the biggest problem on this team by a long shot.

I think we would just be arguing semantics but I would argue that he does have "it", he just doesn't have the physical tools to be a "franchise" qb. But how many "franchise" qbs are there? Brady, Manning, maybe Rivers, maybe Ryan, maybe Vick? And I think you could argue that his games against good teams - first NE game (picks and all), Baltimore, Pittsburgh - don't lend to the truth you're going for.

I just think... Luck's the only QB worth drafting in the first two rounds. Otherwise, get this terrible defense up to speed.

But, I agree. Slightly above average guy that isn't the biggest problem on the team. Even when he fumbles on that 16 yard scramble.

Bob Kraft: 12 playoff appearances in 17 NFL seasons

Ralphie W: 13 in 41 NFL seasons.

Bob Kraft: One of the greatest QBs ever

Ralphie: One pretty good QB and a lot of scrubs (plus a little Fitzbeard this year)

I think we would just be arguing semantics but I would argue that he does have "it", he just doesn't have the physical tools to be a "franchise" qb. But how many "franchise" qbs are there? Brady, Manning, maybe Rivers, maybe Ryan, maybe Vick? And I think you could argue that his games against good teams - first NE game (picks and all), Baltimore, Pittsburgh - don't lend to the truth you're going for.

I just think... Luck's the only QB worth drafting in the first two rounds. Otherwise, get this terrible defense up to speed.

But, I agree. Slightly above average guy that isn't the biggest problem on the team. Even when he fumbles on that 16 yard scramble.

He'd be a franchise QB if he had a shiny decoy though. ;)