Does anyone actually think the Bills will beat the Pats*

Dan

Only if you decide to define "good" in that way. It's an overly simplistic definition, IMO.

Most of us know some teams are far better than their record, and some worse. The record reflects the entire year, which may include injuries, learning new schemes, different players at key positions, different coaches, etc. A team late in the year may be quite a bit different than the same team at the start of the year.

Furthermore, every team starts the year at 0-0. Are all teams equally good then? If the Bills beat the Lions the first week of the season, and the Pats beat the Colts, both teams are 1-0. Would you define these teams as being equally good, based solely on that record? If so, I'd say your definition of "good" isn't reflective of the typical definition.

:thumbsup:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Furthermore, every team starts the year at 0-0. Are all teams equally good then? If the Bills beat the Lions the first week of the season, and the Pats beat the Colts, both teams are 1-0. Would you define these teams as being equally good, based solely on that record? If so, I'd say your definition of "good" isn't reflective of the typical definition.

For as much as you can tell one game into a 16 game season, yes. Unless you want your definition of "good" to include the record from the previous season and perhaps include strength of opponent (based on last years record) in your analysis.

Would you watch both games and make your determination based on your perceived effort and attitude of the teams involved?

Edited by CodeMonkey

The Bills have the tools to do it. The Pats are obviously better.

I also want to Billeave, and I think it's a better than average possibility they could pull the upset off if they don't make any bonehead mistakes and put a good game plan in. Either way, this team is finally headed in the right direction, and I will--for the first time in years--be confident the team will be substantially better next year than last.

After the first game posting 30 points to there 36 in a loss & our defense stunk back then , i think with the way we played Pittsburgh , Baltimore & a few others this year - Yah the Bills can do it .

The defense is playing much better but will have to play the best they have all year & it wouldn't hurt if Brady had an off day !!! Plus our offense will have to play lights out to but i have faith in the Bills and if they won this game it would be as good as making it to the play offs !!!!!

GO BILLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because they aren't. Teams, by definition, are as good as their record. That's why they keep score and keep track of wins and losses. Fans of teams with (long time) losing records generally say this if their team shows any signs of life during the season. Or at the very least to give themselves and each other hope for the next season.

I'm not a big believer in "attitude" or "effort" being a determining factor. Attitude, in my opinion, is just bull **** right up there with "buying into a system". These people are professionals getting paid obscene (in a lot of cases) amounts of money to play a freaking game. If they cannot, or do not, give their best effort every game, then they should be fired and no longer be professionals.

Just my opinion of course. Not trying to bicker with anyone.

I don't know how you could say they are not better on the field than their record shows. I would bet my bottom dollar no team would look at the Bills record and then say that it will be an easy win or a gimme. T.O. has all the tallent. What does he lack? That very thing u say means nothing. Just one example. Another being an ex offensive lineman nemed Ruben Brown. Many others to be sure.

Edited by Cadidliac

I can see the Bills winning this game. I can also see Brady throwing a couple of INT's tomorrow as well. He is due. Remember the last time we beat the Pats 15 meetings ago. Brady's stat line was like this (T. Brady 14/28 123 4.4 0 4 22.5)that bold 4 is the number of INT's he threw. So it can happen, even when he is playing the Buffalo Bills....

I can see the Bills winning this game. I can also see Brady throwing a couple of INT's tomorrow as well. He is due. Remember the last time we beat the Pats 15 meetings ago. Brady's stat line was like this (T. Brady 14/28 123 4.4 0 4 22.5)that bold 4 is the number of INT's he threw. So it can happen, even when he is playing the Buffalo Bills....

I was at that game. The Milloy-first game of the season. Man were the Bills pumped up that game. The key was that Brady had no time to throw. I think that was a shut out. Brady has the most time in the league to throw the damn skin. The Pats O-Line would make Edwards look like Brady. That is a lot of the reason the Pats have been realy good. Even when the defence doesn't show up, the O-Line gives Brady all the time in the world. It's disgusting. Get pressure on the boy, constant pressure, and he will look like Edwards back there. Sick, just sick the time he has to throw.

If this game had any meaning..playoff, division title etc between the two, a win would matter. Now, with the Bills as cellar dwellers and the pats in charge of the division...again...the game means nothing and a Bills victory would mean a lesser draft position next year. But then again, a win could piss off belch-a-tech and that would be a good thing.

If this game had any meaning..playoff, division title etc between the two, a win would matter. Now, with the Bills as cellar dwellers and the pats in charge of the division...again...the game means nothing and a Bills victory would mean a lesser draft position next year. But then again, a win could piss off belch-a-tech and that would be a good thing.

So what are you saying? Do you want us to lose for a better draft pick or win to piss off Bellicheat. I want to win out. We have started to turn things around and confidence for these guys is something you can get in the draft or free agency. I think if we win today and next week, even just today, we go into the off season and next year knowing we can compete with the rest of the division and comeback next year and do just so with the fire burning in the off season to prove that the last three games were not a fluke and compete. Look at it this way, the Bills got the dolphins best effort last week cause if the dolphins win they are still in the picture, the Pats want to clinch home field today so they can rest next week so we will get there best effort today, and if the Jets lose today they need to win at home next week so we will get there best effort or we will never hear the end of Rex's crying which would be great. So I just want to win and let the draft pick be where it may....

We all know it's been a long and horrid run going against the Pats* this last decade. Horrid. Even in the games that were close, or we were leading... you just knew the Bills were going to find a way to blow it. And they have. But, for the first time in a long time, I'm beginning to believe in this team. I no longer see a 3rd and and goal from the 18 as an automatic FG try. For the first time in forever, they actually seem to make in-game adjustments.

Do these young guys actually think they can beat the Patriots*? The Pat* defense is looking less than stellar, but that damn Brady and the offense is playing as well as they ever have. So how can our less than stellar defense stop them?

And if by some Christmas miracle, the Bills could achieve victory, what does it do for this team's confidence? For the fans confidence in them? Does it once and for all end the doubts about Fitz and Chan? Does it wipe away a bad season? Or is it all just another cruel hoax to make us think this team is getting better when in actuality, they're just losing draft slots?

I want to believe.

On paper, the Patriots should roll up at least 35 points. It should also be noted that except for the Cincinnati game, Buffalo has failed to score 20 points in two months. I don't see Buffalo winning this one, but they have surprised us before. Go Bills!

As far as talent goes, the Pats* are by far the superior team. And they are also ones who translate that ability into results. rarely does that team make stupid mistakes. Having said that, lately we have played them very very close and that is not due to any charity on their part (which ofcourse they are NOT known for). I think we are close in terms of sheer will and coaching to be able to beat them. Can we beat them this Sunday ? I am not sure. If we click on all cylinders, make no mistakes and force them to make a couple perhaps we have a chance. If our OL was intact, Evans & Parrish were healthy I would say we could pull this one off especially as we are at home.

If I was a betting man, I would not bet on the Bills this Sunday. But as a fan, I am pumped, will cheer for them and hope they pull of what would be a colossal upset.

+1. not going to get there. Pats clinching homefield by pasting the Bills will be all over the TV tonight... depressing to think about it. Bills get national exposure again by being punching bag for Pats. But we can hope....

+1. not going to get there. Pats clinching homefield by pasting the Bills will be all over the TV tonight... depressing to think about it. Bills get national exposure again by being punching bag for Pats. But we can hope....

Ya it could get ugly today. But you never know. That's why they play the games, right? I would love a win, but more importantly I would like to see the Bills play a disciplined game where they don't give the ball away 3 or 4 times, and where they play a technically sound game. Fitz has a good game, no special teams blunders, and coaching decisions that work out. We get to test our mettle against the best team in the league, let's do it right. Take the freakin' Pats to the wire. :flirt:

I would love a win, but more importantly I would like to see the Bills play a disciplined game where they don't give the ball away 3 or 4 times, and where they play a technically sound game.

I get your point. But I would rather see a win, no matter how well or poorly they play.

But hey, that's me.

I just read a bunch of articles from the Boston and other New England papers posted on TBD. What a bunch of classless and arrogant people from that part of the country. I cannot stand those horrible NE accents on top of it all.

Their writers take every cheapshot possible at the city of Buffalo such as: "no color in Buffalo so the game will be in black and white", "snow belt", "rust belt", 14-0, "0-4 in Super Bowls", "Smerlas on the wall next to OJ", "Brady is the best ever", ... I am so sick of the Pats* that I will root for their demise for the rest of my life. Never have I seen a franchise that has had more bizzare good luck thrust upon it.

Something is wrong here and someday an major scandal will come out about this team. Bigger than Spygate and their tainted Super Bowl win against the Rams.