Lazy Miami Reporting

Calgary_JG

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2010/12/16/miami-dolphins-talking-points-chan-gailey-talks-up-sagging-rivalry/

This takes the cake as easily the laziest reporting ever...the guy obviously couldn't even be bothered to read the injury report!

"Without Evans, Steve Johnson, who leads the team in catches with 66, becomes Ryan Fitzpatrick’s top target and guys like Roscoe Parrish and Shawn Nelson play more prominent roles. Don’t be surprised if Fitzpatrick tries to throw to his backs more as a result."

It intrigues me as to the roles they could play that will impact this game from the IR. Maybe they'll stand on the sideline and form a wall on punts....oh wait....

Lol well played.

Danke. I hope others pile on.

BillsFan Says:

December 16th, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Hey Brian, FYI, Roscoe Parrish was placed on IR… over five weeks ago.

Shawn Nelson was placed on IR at the same time Lee Evans was.

The guy who will benefit the most from the loss of Lee Evans is probably David Nelson.

You may have heard of him. He has TD receptions in each of the last two games and played collegiately at Florida.

You’re welcome.

Ken Says:

December 16th, 2010 at 2:08 pm

Nice research. Parrish has been on IR for awhile now and Nelson was put on IR a few days ago.

J. Cribbs Says:

December 16th, 2010 at 2:29 pm

Miami’s stout run defense should present a nice challenge for Roosevelt Leaks. Cant wait to see the Orange Bowl again…

LMAO!!!

Wait, so he's saying that without Evans, Johnson becomes Fitzy's top target? Isn't he already Fitzy's top target? He already acknowledges he leads the team in receptions.

What will that accomplish? Find out who his boss is and write to him.

(stunned silence)

People who work for newspapers, who are ostensibly journalists, and who serve the public interest need to do a bit more than just mail it in.

Brian Biggane has supposedly been covering sports for this paper for 30 years.

If a professional newspaper sportswriter with three decades of experience can't be bothered to know something as basic as which players the team he covers will be facing, then I submit to you, Dr. Trooth that he shouldn't be working in that capacity anymore. He couldn't even be bothered to do the bare minimum…he did less.

He didn't cross his T's and dot his I's…he failed to execute something as analogously simple as that. Fortunately for him he's covering sports. God forbid he was covering something of real consequence.

I don't know if his incompetence or his laziness is worse. In a competitive society where myself and others work their asses off to make a living, nothing is more offensive to me, than someone who has an easy job (and one which many others would die for) and still can't perform it well.

Actually his ass should be on the line…but luckily for him, all he has to do is face a few critical remarks in the comments section under his article.

And speaking of comments sections, just what do you think they exist for?

And WTF difference does it make TO YOU if I contact his superior or not, prey tell?

Reporting him to his boss or making a negative comment under his article seem pretty similar to me. Both are expeditious, but with my way, the writer at least knows he's being criticized, and by whom. If I write to his boss, isn't that more of a sneak attack on the writer AND more likely to get him in trouble?

What is your point Dr. Troop?

(stunned silence)

People who work for newspapers, who are ostensibly journalists, and who serve the public interest need to do a bit more than just mail it in.

Brian Biggane has supposedly been covering sports for this paper for 30 years.

If a professional newspaper sportswriter with three decades of experience can't be bothered to know something as basic as which players the team he covers will be facing, then I submit to you, Dr. Trooth that he shouldn't be working in that capacity anymore. He couldn't even be bothered to do the bare minimum…he did less.

He didn't cross his T's and dot his I's…he failed to execute something as analogously simple as that. Fortunately for him he's covering sports. God forbid he was covering something of real consequence.

I don't know if his incompetence or his laziness is worse. In a competitive society where myself and others work their asses off to make a living, nothing is more offensive to me, than someone who has an easy job (and one which many others would die for) and still can't perform it well.

Actually his ass should be on the line…but luckily for him, all he has to do is face a few critical remarks in the comments section under his article.

And speaking of comments sections, just what do you think they exist for?

And WTF difference does it make TO YOU if I contact his superior or not, prey tell?

Reporting him to his boss or making a negative comment under his article seem pretty similar to me. Both are expeditious, but with my way, the writer at least knows he's being criticized, and by whom. If I write to his boss, isn't that more of a sneak attack on the writer AND more likely to get him in trouble?

What is your point Dr. Troop?

+1

The line of comments is friggin' awesome. A sample:

# Haven Moses Says:

December 16th, 2010 at 6:29 pm

The writer neglects to mention how the fans will react this Sunday when Thurman Thomas makes his first return visit to Rich Stadium as a Dolphin. IMHO I am expecting big things from Linzy Cole in his first chance to show what he has.

# DolfanMike88 Says:

December 16th, 2010 at 6:33 pm

I just hope the D-line can keep O.J. Simpson from getting 100 yards on us.

# DolfanMike88 Says:

December 16th, 2010 at 6:37 pm

I hope Sammy Smith don’t fumble at the goal line this week.

# John Rauch Says:

December 16th, 2010 at 7:04 pm

The Bills are unbeatable with Earthquake Enyart, Minnie Max Anderson and Walt Patulski!!! It is too bad that the Mad Bomber Daryl Lamonica is on IR.

That last comment made me spit coffee all over my keyboard.

#34. Larry Csonka Says:

December 17th, 2010 at 9:25 am

I am selling my used worn panties. Call 1-800-CSONK-PANTIES

:lol:

Edited by Show Me The Baby

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2010/12/16/miami-dolphins-talking-points-chan-gailey-talks-up-sagging-rivalry/

This takes the cake as easily the laziest reporting ever...the guy obviously couldn't even be bothered to read the injury report!

"Without Evans, Steve Johnson, who leads the team in catches with 66, becomes Ryan Fitzpatrick’s top target and guys like Roscoe Parrish and Shawn Nelson play more prominent roles. Don’t be surprised if Fitzpatrick tries to throw to his backs more as a result."

It intrigues me as to the roles they could play that will impact this game from the IR. Maybe they'll stand on the sideline and form a wall on punts....oh wait....

This is funny but I guess anybody can make mistakes :thumbsup:

There's a lot of piling on going on in the comments section. It is pretty funny. Then there's this:

Andy Says:

December 17th, 2010 at 8:13 am

Bills fans know the game and their players. Missed a bit on Parrish and Nelson already on IR and they are all over you for it. The sad thing is that not one Dolphin fan picked up on it other than me.

I think in this Bills fans look more knowledgeable and have higher expectations of the reporting on the NFL.

Shame on us Phins fans for letting this slide and BB for not admitting his mistake in this article.

This could be a Bills fan pretending to be a Fish fan. But it actually seems pretty sincere.

Fish fans are joining in the fun.

Larry Csonka Says:

December 17th, 2010 at 9:25 am

I am selling my used worn panties. Call 1-800-CSONK-PANTIES

Don Shula Says:

December 17th, 2010 at 11:29 am

I can’t wait to get out there and show those Bills what we can do. Marv Levy is shaking in those snow boots!

I’m really glad to have such fine reporting down here. Great work Brian!

Ricky Williams Says:

December 17th, 2010 at 8:21 pm

Hey Csonk give me a call ;)

Mark Duper Says:

December 18th, 2010 at 10:34 am

I hope Marino gives me Isotoners this year…

#Mark Duper Says:

December 18th, 2010 at 10:34 am

I hope Marino gives me Isotoners this year…

# Larry Csonka Says:

December 18th, 2010 at 12:07 pm

I did not realize Isotoners made panties. I need to get a pair of those.

1-800-CSONK-PANTIES

# Brian Biggane Says:

December 18th, 2010 at 12:16 pm

What are you moron Bills fans crying about? Why would I take the time to check my facts on your team? You stink. You are lucky I wrote about your train wreck of a franchise in the first place. That is a fine piece of journalism right here. I let it stand on it’s own. I will not retract it, I will not edit it. Screw off Bills fans.

:lol:

Bills Brother Says:

December 18th, 2010 at 12:32 pm

Brian, What are we crying about? Why would we check facts about our team? For one thing your team is playing our team and dolphin fans should know the facts about this weeks match up. You my friend should not have a journalism job. You been exposed for the fraud you are.

Hahayouranidiot Says:

December 18th, 2010 at 12:50 pm

“I will not retract or edit”….. my mistake. Good for you, you douche. Why The Palm Beach Post would pay you this week is beyond me. Dolph fans deserve better. The Bills fans are just pointing that out (with witty ridicule which is honestly more entertaining than your blob post).

justnzane Says:

December 18th, 2010 at 1:09 pm

Brian, this article could have been revised a little better.

First, you wrote “Both his 56.4 yards per kick and his 49.9 yards net bordered on the incredible, making it one of the top punting performance in franchise history”. “Performance” should be “Performances”.

Secondly, it is beyond obvious that you did not do your homework on your 3rd point, as Shawn Nelson and Roscoe Parrish are also on IR. This point was fully of lazy research that you could have easily googled “Buffalo Bills depth chart”, you would have found buffalobills.com. From here you could have seen that former Dolphin David Martin is starting at TE and rookie UDFA’s David Nelson and Donald Jones are now expected to step up at WR.

John Rauch Says:

December 18th, 2010 at 1:27 pm

Kay Stephenson and Hank Bullough say hi! Kelly wants to let Marino know that he still owns him. Bruce Smith wants to let the undefeated ‘72 Dolphins team know that after they pop the champagne corks, they can shove the bottles up their egotistical asses!

My question is how is Miami going to be game planning for Marshawn Lynch, and Fitzgibbons.

Marshawn and Trent have good chemistry; they figure to be a key match-up in the game . . .

:oops:

What a marooon!

Edited by Mr_Blizzard